Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

3/4/2022, AA613, ORD-MIA, Cobb salad, everything on this tray was actually great and this was also a good service considering we had an 8:20PM departure.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:03 pm

Flew Flagship JFK-LAX last week. Figured I'd pre-order the Asian Vegetarian meal (AVML) since I couldn't find anyone who ordered it since the pandemic started and I always enjoyed it out of JFK previously. Was booked in J but got upgraded to F right before boarding but they kept my special meal request (never actually saw the normal F menu).

Safe to say it was still as good as before to me and I was happy to have ordered it over the other pre-order options. Wanted to make sure I got photos for y'all since other people's photos have always helped me out in the past.

Appetizers/sides/desserts were plated first

Main came separately once I had finished the other tray. Still as good as I remember.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by wingburn
Flew Flagship JFK-LAX last week. Figured I'd pre-order the Asian Vegetarian meal (AVML) since I couldn't find anyone who ordered it since the pandemic started and I always enjoyed it out of JFK previously. Was booked in J but got upgraded to F right before boarding but they kept my special meal request (never actually saw the normal F menu).

Safe to say it was still as good as before to me and I was happy to have ordered it over the other pre-order options. Wanted to make sure I got photos for y'all since other people's photos have always helped me out in the past.

Appetizers/sides/desserts were plated first

Main came separately once I had finished the other tray. Still as good as I remember.
Always a delicious meal when ordered, glad it's back.
FlyerBeek and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:29 pm

Please excuse my ignorance on meal service, I have a question about a domestic flight, MIA to JFK so under 3.5 hours, business class on a 777-200. I see no option in either the BA booking or AA booking (used points through BA) for my wife to indicate she is a vegan. Is this because it is under 3.5 hours? She is not expecting an entire meal obviously but has no interest in a tray of meat for a snack lol.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by miadeals
Please excuse my ignorance on meal service, I have a question about a domestic flight, MIA to JFK so under 3.5 hours, business class on a 777-200. I see no option in either the BA booking or AA booking (used points through BA) for my wife to indicate she is a vegan. Is this because it is under 3.5 hours? She is not expecting an entire meal obviously but has no interest in a tray of meat for a snack lol.
I do not believe there is currently a special meal option for non-Flagship flights (i.e. anything that's not a premium transcon or longhaul international). AA has said they'd bring special meals back to regular domestic F in May.

-FlyerBeek
miadeals and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by miadeals
There should be a vegetarian option offered onboard, but it most likely will not be vegan. Best for her to plan to bring her own. Even pre-COVID, I don't remember a flight of that length offering special meal orders.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
Even pre-COVID, I don't remember a flight of that length offering special meal orders.
It did. I almost always ordered the Indian option for no other reason than it was better than the standard options.

Last edited by USFlyerUS; Mar 8, 2022 at 11:19 am
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
It did. I almost always ordered the Indian option for no other reason than it was better than the standard options.
And you can get two desserts since the AVML already comes with gulab jamun!
vasantn and Spanish like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:04 pm

Can't post photos yet because I'm under 5 posts, but here are the options to LAX-JFK flagship business for March 15. Haven't seen anyone talk about the bbq short ribs yet so I'm looking forward to what the lineup looks like.

Spinach and Gouda stuffed Chicken
polenta, asparagus, baby carrot, tomato ragout

Barbecue short rib
romanesco, fingerling potatoes, baby leek, blistered tomato, Southern-style barbecue sauce

Greens and seafood bowl
smoked salmon, poached shrimp, boiled egg, lettuce, seasonal vegetables, ranch dressing

Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Artichoke ravioli served with blistered cherry tomato sauce and green olive pistachio pesto
Spanish and aquanine like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by NightwindHawk
Can't post photos yet because I'm under 5 posts
Well at your rate of posting you'll be eligible for Omni posting by 2344.

Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:13 pm

Read through this entire thread, loving the content so far. Some great reviews and info in here!
Traveling to CZM for 5 year wedding anniversary next month
Booked award travel in F both ways:
PHL -> CLT #563 4/9
CLT -> CZM #813 4/9
CZM -> MIA #3701 4/16 (this return was originally through DFW but it was changed by AA)
MIA -> PHL #2571 4/16
What can I expect for meals? Fingers crossed for PDB's!

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by metallo
AUS-LIR
AA 2231
B737-800
Business Class
Breakfast

Nice to see hot breakfast back on a flight like this -- at 1558 miles, it just exceeded the 1500 mile cutoff. I believe the AM flight to JFK is the only other ex-AUS flight that would meet the requirement currently.
I was on the AUS-JFK evening flight about two weeks ago and the choices were still the cold sandwich and gross salad.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
AA374
3/8/2022
ORD-LAX 8:40pm departure
Your choice of PDB
Beef short ribs with polenta or Lasagna Mango sorbet or fruit and cheese for dessert

Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I realize these are international, but they're more "domestic" for catering. Anyone know what I'll get in J:
  • MEX-MIA (4:20pm): 3h10m
  • MIA-SXM (10:30am): 2h56m
  • SXM-MIA (3:27pm): 3h31m
  • MIA-MEX (9:25pm): 3h50m
Not really looking for specifics, but do they qualify for hot meals? My concern is the 2h56m flight!
So I'm legitimately confused. Got back from these four flights. The first three were the same cold options (charcuterie plate or pretzel bread vegetarian sandwich), and the latter was no meal due to late departure. None of these qualified for the new hot meals?
By the way, ex-SXM, the "charcuterie plate" was a plate of lunch salami.
Overall, disappointing.

Nuts being back were nice!

Ex-SXM, very disppointing.

This one was good ex-MEX.

Tasty, but not pretty.

Weird. Dessert was good.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
AA1163 3/10/2022
BOS-DFW 4:00pm departure
No PDB
Hot Towels, then Bev service (Glenlivet 12) with warm nuts
Hot Meal choice: Chicken Piccata or a Pasta Dish (could not make out the name) I chose the chicken with more Glenlivet, (no one else was a Scotch drinker on the plane)
Dessert: Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream in paper cup, no offer of fruit and cheese plate.

Great service, very enjoyable flight home with only minor issue that BYO Entertainment died half way through the flight.

Everything on this plate was very good. Pro-tip: choose this bread option from the bread basket over the generic roll.
Carfield, chrisny2 and ValleyEarl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.