Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
ILM DFW 2022-03-31

PDB generously poured (scotch), Snack Basked offered several times throughout the flight, refills on drinks offered throughout the flight, again with heavy pours.

It's an 1,100 mile flight at 3+ hours to DFW from ILM. Pre-COVID AE/Envoy would offer a cold meal on this flight. Looking forward to a return to that, but the service on this flight was excellent and snacks were decent.
onanisland likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
AUS-CLT April 3, 2022

FA was excellent on this route! Full bar pre-departure beverages, no Bourbon available but had a Jack-and-Coke-Zero. Took orders back to front, served meals front to back. FA explained the offerings which were as expected: Choice of "vegetarian sandwich" with cheese, spinach, peppers, and hummus on a croissant or "meat and cheese plate" with cheese and salamis. Everyone seemed to get their pick, including myself who ordered last in seat 1A. Served with warm nuts which is a plus over my usual United who has had a crap product recently. Had Black River Merlot with the meal... very tasty, and FA had another glass aerating and ready for me when I finished the first one! Broccoli side salad and brownie thingy were both tasty as well. Very pleased with the AA service on this short 2 hr 8 min flight!

zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Recent flights over the last week.

DCA-DFW: PDBs offered. After selecting the charcuterie plate, the FA asked folks if we would be willing to swap to the vegetarian meal (pictured below). It brought flashbacks to what life had been like the last two years My guess is that he didn’t keep an accurate count.

A single piece of cheese, some peppers and some hummus. Had the broccoli and a little bit of the hummus. Pretty sad offering compared to the charcuterie or the cold chicken salad.

Desert consisted of the ice cream or fruit with cheese.
We got the same meal from MIA to JFK.
We found it very sad.
The whole sandwich only had one piece of cheese, cold hard croissant and it was tasteless.
By far it was the worse first class meal ...
you can see the sandwich at 10'00' in this video...
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by pigx5
We got the same meal from MIA to JFK.
We found it very sad.
The whole sandwich only had one piece of cheese, cold hard croissant and it was tasteless.
By far it was the worse first class meal ...
you can see the sandwich at 10'00' in this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjO0a977U1Q
The thing is, the sandwich ingredients aren't that bad, they just need triple all of them in the sandwich, and then gently warm the sandwich in the oven to avoid the croissant brick. I'm guessing the extra $100k / year that would cost is out of budget?

Also, what was wrong with the Zoe's turkey / arugula sandwiches?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Finally a real meal on tonight's AUS-JFK flight. The same flight a couple of weeks back got the usual sandwich/salad choice but this one was catered (mostly) according to the new standard. Choices were beef short ribs or vegetarian lasagna. The beef was delicious. Warm breads served from the basket. Probably the best domestic F meal I've had on AA since the September 2014 post-merger catering "enhancements". Hot towels and warm nuts were included. No PDB, but we were running late. Per the FA the catering manifest said ice cream for dessert but none was boarded. Excellent, proactive service throughout the flight. No credit card solicitation.

cesco.g and slpybear like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
PHL-TPA 4/4 Lunch

PDB of water only. On the taxi out the FA stood at the front of the cabin and yelled the COLD MEAL choices. Literally emphasized the cold. "Cajun Blackened Shrimp" salad or Vegetarian cobb salad. The FA looked puzzle when she read vegetarian cobb salad. Guess it was her first time serving it.

After take off, hot nuts and drinks were served followed by hot towels. I had the shrimp. It was not blackened or spicy. Some weird lima bean mash was on the bottom of the plate and it took up most of the space, so less salad. I wish i took a picture. Side was orzo salad and vanilla bundt cake. It was so dry. Pilots received hot lunches.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:21 am

Have AA First class flt LAX-DFW-FLL (they added that delightful stop to DFW grrrr). now is 1232 mi & 1118 respectively. Leaves LAX ~11am & leaves DFW ~5pm. I still cannot choose a meal. Our flight is Apr 22nd. So will we expect a cold lunch and a warmish dinner? THX. And PBDs?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kochleffel
I'm looking at flights to and from MSY via PHL in January 2023, either E-175 or CRJ-900. In F the schedules show breakfast for the 175 and dinner for the CR9. What could I expect? Do those planes have ovens?
No ovens on any AA regional jets. Expect a cold meal.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz 5-star President's Circle
Upgrade to First Class BNA-CLT (448 miles) and CLT-DFW (1,272 miles) on 3/27. No meal service; snack basket only, average drink service.
Upgrade to First Class EUG-PHX (736 miles) and PHX-DEN (456 miles) on 4/1. No meal service; snack basket only, average drink service.

Understand these are all short routes, but disappointed that nothing beyond a bag of chips, etc was available on any of these. Felt like a waste of upgrade segments to be honest.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
CLT-DFW (1,272 miles), isn't that supposed to get a "light" meal effective March?

By the end of the month, the new first-class meals will roll out to U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico routes between 900 and 1,499 miles long. Expect the entree to be lighter than what’s served on the longer routes listed above.
FlyFreakquently likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Raralith
CLT-DFW (1,272 miles), isn't that supposed to get a "light" meal effective March?
Yes, but what time of day was the CLT-DFW fight? Was it inside or outside meal hours?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
The late flights out of CLT to DFW and AUS are Refreshments. Still, shouldn't that be more than the snack basket?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Here's this:

chrisny2, 96SS, ceebee100 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by wrp96
No ovens on any AA regional jets. Expect a cold meal.
Thanks. I'm booking the flights in Y, then - not worth the extra cost for the seat alone when the itineraries include layovers that are long enough to eat on the ground (although it's still in an airport, so...).
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:28 am

Have AA First class flt LAX-DFW-FLL (they added that delightful stop to DFW grrrr). now is 1232 mi & 1118 respectively. Leaves LAX ~11am & leaves DFW ~5pm. I still cannot choose a meal. Our flight is Apr 22nd. So will we expect a cold lunch and a warmish dinner? THX. And PBDs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.