Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Your experience was essentially what I received on yesterday’s LAX-BOS afternoon flight. Fully catered with the two blankets, F amenity kit vs. the small one, espresso and glassware, and phenomenal service. I’ve been fortunate to have top-notch crews on almost all of my recent Tcon and non flagship flights.

We went out 7 /10 (was 3 / 10 beginning of day so a few folks may have been rolled up as economy was sold out, business looked full and the lists were empty)

The only thing missing was a surprise birthday cake

Now if only they’d open FFD in LAX.
Lanson is champagne right? I didnt see it listed on the menu. The first drink you posted was PDB, thats the Lanson? Whats the next thing you're drinking in the more flute style glass, also champagne?

Btw, the wine & bubbles are same in J & F still, that hasnt changed back to how it was before Covid?

Last edited by Microwave; Apr 13, 2022 at 10:21 am Reason: Removed quote of colossal images
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Lanson is champagne right? I didnt see it listed on the menu. The first drink you posted was PDB, thats the Lanson? Whats the next thing you're drinking in the more flute style glass, also champagne?

Btw, the wine & bubbles are same in J & F still, that hasnt changed back to how it was before Covid?
Yes, Lanson is Champagne. Lanson's NV Black Label Brut (what I've seen offered on AA) is very entry-level, IMO, but it's Champagne nonetheless. I believe Flagship transcon/Hawaii J is now back to sparkling wine (not Champagne) - similar to pre-COVID (unless there has been another recent change).

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs up Pre-Orders Have Returned

Based on previous posts that said April 13 (today) pre-orders have returned, I checked my flight for Friday and sure enough I was able to pre-order. Choices were chicken picata or gemelli pasta. Glad to see we are finally at this stage.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Based on previous posts that said April 13 (today) pre-orders have returned, I checked my flight for Friday and sure enough I was able to pre-order. Choices were chicken picata or gemelli pasta. Glad to see we are finally at this stage.
Awesome! I have a flight in F from ANC on May 13 and it still tells me its unavailable...is it 30 days to the minute of takeoff time, maybe using CST?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: some
Just got a choice for my PHX to MCO on Sunday- pasta caccio e Pepe or chicken Piccata. Any recommendations?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP., UA Silver, Marriott Ti/LT Gold, Sixt P. National EXE
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I continue to be confused about catering. Per my post above, MEX-DFW (900 miles) lunch yesterday was full three course hot meal. The return dinner flight today was cheese plate or salad. I can only think the flight yesterday was a MEX catering mistake.

That said, the salad was great. The chicken was fresh and nicely spiced. Hot nuts served prior with drink. Hummus was a little runny.

Oddly FA served it covered in cellophane. I guess she thinks people like that. She also made 100 mask announcements, so I guess she was one of those. Otherwise good service.

This might sound like a stupid question but does anyone know what type of peppers are on the hummus? I had this last night and those little peppers are heaven sent!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
ORD to SEA, lunchtime flight

Online ordering available for my lunchtime flight next Friday from ORD to SEA:
  • FIESTA GRAIN BOWL (vegetarian)
    Cauliflower, black beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, corn, red onions and zucchini served with fiesta taco sauce
  • SHORT RIB WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE
    Served with Gruyere and pimento mac n' cheese

Last edited by Chrisj238; Apr 13, 2022 at 8:48 am Reason: information repeated
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by greekfreak
This might sound like a stupid question but does anyone know what type of peppers are on the hummus? I had this last night and those little peppers are heaven sent!
I think they're Biquinho peppers... I do love that AA has used them to garnish several items the past few years -- they're delish.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
PHL-EYW

Other choice was a fruit and cheese plate.
The joke of the “free” Wi-Fi cut out early…so here ya go. Salad was good. Cake was choke worthy and beyond dry.

Last edited by airb330; Apr 13, 2022 at 2:40 pm
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
My LAX-DFW pre order for Friday is now a thing. I can pre order.. Thats kind of cool to have it back. Just a meat plate or a pretzel coissant w/ hummus & spinach. Went with the latter as I dont eat meat and it actually sounds good.

Are special meals not back yet on anything except the Transcon (minus Miami)? Or does this route just not qualify for Pre order as its under 1500? I thought i just read special meals can be ordered now on any route offering a meal but that may have been a United thing not AA.
My LAX-DFW 1st cl flt is next Friday. I still can't choose a meal. Will that change at check in? I then have the DFW-FLL. Still no choices
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I believe Flagship transcon/Hawaii J is now back to sparkling wine (not Champagne) - similar to pre-COVID (unless there has been another recent change)
Received a last minute op-up to first on JFKSFO this week and saw both lists. Champers on offer in both cabins (Collet Brut in biz, H. Blin in first)
FlyerBeek and ryanbriar like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP., UA Silver, Marriott Ti/LT Gold, Sixt P. National EXE
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I think they're Biquinho peppers... I do love that AA has used them to garnish several items the past few years -- they're delish.
Googled it, that's totally it!

Also known as "Sweety Drops"

Thanks BWISkyGuy!
grapkoski, wrp96 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Received a last minute op-up to first on JFKSFO this week and saw both lists. Champers on offer in both cabins (Collet Brut in biz, H. Blin in first)
Nice! That’s good that they have champagne on the menu in business - not the biggest fan of Prosecco as I think it’s too sweet.

That said, recently it seems like they are stocking with whatever is available (e.g. Lanson and Charles de Cazanove in the last week in tcon F) given general shortages.
NYC Flyer and FlyerBeek like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yes, Lanson is Champagne. Lanson's NV Black Label Brut (what I've seen offered on AA) is very entry-level, IMO, but it's Champagne nonetheless.
-FlyerBeek
Entry level? What on earth does that mean? Lanson I adore. It has a distinctive flavour and frankly it is not cheap either.

Whilst I do like some of these menus - I am surprised that the soup is not served in mugs rather than on plates. Is it meant to be hot or are they meant to be cold like Vichyssoise? Putting it in a dish like that will let it go cold in no time.
SFflyer20 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Great! Thanks for the report; great to see Champagne is still in transcon J. Ironically, I actually prefer the Collet served in J (one of the Champagnes UA is currently serving in longhaul J) over the H Blin in F that I’ve had on AA in the past. But, to each their own.

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Entry level? What on earth does that mean? Lanson I adore. It has a distinctive flavour and frankly it is not cheap either.
I suppose I could have worded it better... core/house cuvée. I do like some of Lanson’s other labels (especially their Noble Cuvée and the vintage Lanson UA used to serve in Global First), but I’ve never really been a fan of the Black Label for it’s price point (~$45-50/bottle where I am). That being said, though, I assure you that Madame Pucci has a far better and more experienced palate than FlyerBeek!

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.