Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
IND-MIA this morning. Breakfast was the ham and cheese or fruit plate. I had preordered the ham and cheese foolishly hoping it would be something hot/ warm. Au contraire! The sandwich was almost frozen, it was so hard and cold! The bottom was also soggy.
Most everyone who ordered it left it uneaten!
Needless to say I could smell the hot breakfast cooking for the crew (including FAs) while the pax had to endure another uninspiring FC meal.

I just don’t think it’s right for crew to be getting hot meals while the passengers who pay the salaries are left to choke down cold disgusting sandwiches! But that’s just my opinion.

Ham and cheese

Ham and cheese
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Yes, I think it came in at $4.99 when I checked Vivino
Yep, that's the one.

https://www.vivino.com/US/en/vista-p...nnay/w/1228882
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777
JFK-LAX Flagship First Wine List... simply dreadful but not surprising when AA beancounters set a $10 per bottle non-champagne limit... IN TRANSCON FLAGSHIP FIRST. Mind-boggling considering the free flowing LPGS No. 24 in FFD. Then again, none of the other 9 F pax were in FD and probably had never even heard of it.
I admire your diligent research!
My last LAX/BOS TCON 1st redeye I had a double Woodford rocks, cheese board and a nap.
I now know I was wasn't missing anything.
Keep up the good work!
SFO777, ryanbriar and cmd320 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
This doesn't sound like anything new was introduced; I flew PHL-SFO in March and this service was exactly the same (plus shrimp appetizer which is quite tasty).Not sure what is supposed to be new as of 4/18.
This is AA we are talking about... they often lie or exaggerate services that barely change. For non-premium transcon routes, pasta has been identical for months whilst the chicken has slightly varied depending on the market. The only real variation has been the ice cream; in my experience, some months had dulce de leche and others had cookies and cream.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
JFK-LAX
AA 255
10:30a-1:45p
April 21, 2022
Flagship First 5F
Departed 10/10

In flight service began with hot towel service. Whoa. The good news is that AA no longer offers those postage stamp sized hot cloth towels. We now have large towels!
Unfortunately, large paper towels, and today water-soaked, water-dripping paper towels. But of course.

Still full from my three course breakfast in First Dining, I delayed lunch for a couple of hours.

And when I was ready for lunch... single tray service. Sure, why not. Poached shrimp? Yeah that sounds inviting.

For my main, I had pre-ordered the Beef Filet. My bad for assuming that AA would actually serve a filet. LOL. I few bites and I was done.

The fully loaded sundae was the only good part of the meal.

Inflight, I'll take jetBlue Mint any day over this. But as long as AA has First Dining and jetBlue no lounge, I'll be back and AA can probably get away with terrible transcon inflight catering.
cmd320 and madmanshoney like this.

Last edited by SFO777; Apr 22, 2022 at 9:04 pm
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
JFK-LAX
AA 255
10:30a-1:45p
April 21, 2022
Flagship First 5F
Departed 10/10

In flight service began with hot towel service. Whoa. The good news is that AA no longer offers those postage stamp sized hot cloth towels. We now have large towels!
Unfortunately, large paper towels, and today water-soaked, water-dripping paper towels. But of course.

Still full from my three course breakfast in First Dining, I delayed lunch for a couple of hours.

And when I was ready for lunch... single tray service. Sure, why not. Poached shrimp? Yeah that sounds inviting.

For my main, I had pre-ordered the Beef Filet. My bad for assuming that AA would actually serve a filet. LOL. I few bites and I was done.

The fully loaded sundae was the only good part of the meal.

Inflight, I'll take jetBlue Mint any day over this. But as long as AA has First Dining and jetBlue no lounge, I'll be back and AA can probably get away with terrible transcon inflight catering.
Couldnt agree with you more as far as AA over B6 due to FFD, and just FL. Just a lounge. Also for me the B6 seats hurt my back and they dont properly recline, they just go lower, lilke DL Suites, I cant stand it. AA has the best hard product of the Big 4 Imo, hands down. You didnt try the soup I take it but you didnt miss much . Had your same menu Monday night out of JFK and the soup was completely bland. I wouldnt have known I was eating butternut squash had it not been for the 3 little chunky pieces of it on top. That beer cheese with croutons soup posted above recently really did look good but what I had Monday was bad. Their catering is a joke but as you say the lounge is huge. As is the hard product for me. Also, I dont think B6's catering is amazing either. I dont like eating all at once, although you pretty much do with AA now. I also dont like no sundaes and no cheese course.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
JFK-AUS
AA 2772
April 21, 2022
7:00 pm departure

Preordered chicken breast with twice baked potato. FA acknowledged pre-order but said she had "chicken with potato or chicken with rice and vegetables" The latter sounded better so went with that. It was not a chicken breast. It was fatty chopped chicken pieces in a sweet Asian sauce. Rice was nice and crusty. The rolled meat thing was OK. The mound of crumbled blue cheese didn't make a lot of sense to me. Salad was good. Dessert was a cup of Haagen Dazs or fruit and cheese plate. The ice cream cups are pretty small. I'm nostalgic for the portions they used to serve in the glass cups.

We got the same hot towels that SFO777 reported above. They were useless and just made a mess. I will decline them in the future. I hope this is just a temporary supply chain issue.

No credit card solicitation.

Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by madmanshoney
I admire your diligent research!
My last LAX/BOS TCON 1st redeye I had a double Woodford rocks, cheese board and a nap.
I now know I was wasn't missing anything.
Keep up the good work!
Agree. I usually look up all of the bottles on the menu when I board (to the extent they change) and that is the one consistent on AA - highest spend is maybe $20, but then you have the $4.99 to average it out.

Price is not always the best indicator of taste (and definitely subjective), but when you’re attempting to put forth a high-quality product, spend a little.

For what it’s worth, Delta One does not publish their wine list - you need to look at what’s on the cart. I was talking to the pursuer on my Thursday BOS-CDG flight and he said they’ve for the most part cut it back to sparkling wine except to CDG and a few other destinations. They were serving Canard Duchene.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL

JFK - SFO, delayed till 9:20 pm departure. A pretty good meal in J.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL

SFO-JFK. 10:20pm departure J.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:44 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
AA1213 DCA-CHS this morning:

F sold out, long upgrade list.

Seated in MCE. Tried to order a Bloody Mary during the beverage service. FA said liquor wasn’t available as the flight was too short and less than 250 miles…?

F got PDB at least.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by CLT
AA1213 DCA-CHS this morning:

F sold out, long upgrade list.

Seated in MCE. Tried to order a Bloody Mary during the beverage service. FA said liquor wasn’t available as the flight was too short and less than 250 miles…?

F got PDB at least.
According to gcmap.com, DCA-CHS is 444 miles.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lonelygod

JFK - SFO, delayed till 9:20 pm departure. A pretty good meal in J.
Well what do you know... starters and mains can be served separately, even in J.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Well what do you know... starters and mains can be served separately, even in J.
That’s literally murder.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
This is why I had asked about this earlier! I was afraid I was going to think it’s hot, and it would end up being cold and not tasting right. I preordered the fruit and yogurt for my flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.