Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Great! Thanks for the report; great to see Champagne is still in transcon J. Ironically, I actually prefer the Collet served in J (one of the Champagnes UA is currently serving in longhaul J) over the H Blin in F that I’ve had on AA in the past. But, to each their own.

I suppose I could have worded it better... core/house cuvée. I do like some of Lanson’s other labels (especially their Noble Cuvée and the vintage Lanson UA used to serve in Global First), but I’ve never really been a fan of the Black Label for it’s price point (~$45-50/bottle where I am). That being said, though, I assure you that Madame Pucci has a far better and more experienced palate than FlyerBeek!

-FlyerBeek
You are a love. I think that like most people I know what I like. I cannot and would not say that one Champagne is better than another per se.

I will share this. On more than one occasion aboard my first airline BCAL we might run out of Krug which is what we served in F. I would decant the J Champagne into the empty Krug bottle and pour it in front of them. No one was any the wiser.
NYC Flyer, ceebee100, CLT and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
AA 16 SFO-JFK in J April 13th

I had this same menu (and main) back in Feb ex-jfk but I will say it tasted significantly better this time around (guess SFO has better catering than JFK). And fwiw, only Prosecco and no champagne in J. Also, pdb in plastic cups of water, OJ, or Prosecco (although the FA called it champagne &#128579. But pdb mislabeling aside, great SFO-based crew with referring to pax by name, keeping everyone’s drinks filled throughout the entire flight, and generally being very friendly with everyone.

Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Pre-order not working for me. For a Flight in F Madison-Phoenix on a A319 departing in 3 days.

Since this flight is only 1396 miles, I'm guessing it'll be an cold sandwich or salad anyways. Back to my regular programming of planning to grab a hot meal at airport or hotel prior to the 11am flight departure.

Getting error saying:

"Menu options

Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later."
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by dchen2
Pre-order not working for me. For a Flight in F Madison-Phoenix on a A319 departing in 3 days.

Since this flight is only 1396 miles, I'm guessing it'll be an cold sandwich or salad anyways. Back to my regular programming of planning to grab a hot meal at airport or hotel prior to the 11am flight departure.

Getting error saying:

"Menu options

Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later."
Try Safari, Chrome and AA don't always agree
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Try Safari, Chrome and AA don't always agree
Good thought. I tried using firefox and msft edge on my windows PC and no joy, same error. Chalk it up to AA IT.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Have several flights in F next month and here's what I'm offered:
DCA-ORD 7:40am departure - nothing on a 2hr 16 min flight.
ORD-SMF 9:50a departure- Fiesta Grain bowl or Shortrib with Green Peppercorn Sauce
YYZ-DFW 12noon departure- Oven Roasted Chicken Breast (baby bow tie and barley pasta salad, roasted mushroom, beans, chipolte-lime cream sauce). I can't tell if this is a hot dish or just a salad. Anyone know ???
DFW-SMF 5:15pm departure - Turkey Breakfast Sandwich or Greek Salad. Are they out of their minds serving a breakfast sandwich on a 3.5 hr. evening flight !

AA has a LONG ways to go to be offering anything resembling a first class meal on these flights, with the exception of the ORD-SMF flight.
keyw likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by fender5787
I had this same menu (and main) back in Feb ex-jfk but I will say it tasted significantly better this time around (guess SFO has better catering than JFK). And fwiw, only Prosecco and no champagne in J. Also, pdb in plastic cups of water, OJ, or Prosecco (although the FA called it champagne &#128579. But pdb mislabeling aside, great SFO-based crew with referring to pax by name, keeping everyone’s drinks filled throughout the entire flight, and generally being very friendly with everyone.

Cookie looks good. I always miss the cookie, so passed out and full from all the food and sundae, cheese etc.

Its nice to see the menus back to being different between J & F. Like to think the extra money is getting me something special. Not just soup course, but a couple of different app choices.

SF crew always good to me on the Transcon but tbh I find the A321T F FA the best always. They def seem trained to go above & beyond and care. Reminds me of the Mint FA's. Its unfortunate that AA now only has 1 FA serving F. Yes someone from the back pops up to run the food but it def creates a longer wait time for what you want and puts more strain on the 1 lead FA.
fender5787 and keyw like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
So for an upcoming DFW-MIA, for DINNER, I have these choices:

TURKEY BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Sliced turkey, roasted red pepper, provolone and pesto cream cheeses served on teekeh bread

or

GREEK SALAD (vegetarian)
Fresh tomatoes, pepperoncini, Kalamata olives, sliced cucumber and feta cheese served on a bed of romaine

Anyone know about this turkey BREAKFAST sandwich for dinner? Is that an error, or in the name because of the pesto cream cheese?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:53 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
PHX-MCO AM selections

For the AM flight PHX-MCO on Sunday Aril 17 the meal selection is back.

Choice of a fruit plate or a breakfast enchilada.

We will see how this enchilada is....
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Cookie looks good. I always miss the cookie, so passed out and full from all the food and sundae, cheese etc.

Its nice to see the menus back to being different between J & F. Like to think the extra money is getting me something special. Not just soup course, but a couple of different app choices.

SF crew always good to me on the Transcon but tbh I find the A321T F FA the best always. They def seem trained to go above & beyond and care. Reminds me of the Mint FA's. Its unfortunate that AA now only has 1 FA serving F. Yes someone from the back pops up to run the food but it def creates a longer wait time for what you want and puts more strain on the 1 lead FA.
Its funny you mention it, but as I was in 6C and the FAs didn’t close the already transparent curtains, I got an eagle eyed view of the F service. By the time we got our sundaes, only half the F customers had gotten their main. It didn’t help that F went out 10/10 (and paid/SWU fares as F was full a week before the flight). So the lack of a 2nd FA with a full cabin during a lunch/day flight seems to drastically increase service time. Perhaps another reason to stick to (their relatively great) trans-con J!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
4/15
DTW-MIA
Envoy E175
1A
Full PDB
New meal boxes choice of orzo pasta salad (pictured) or a steak sandwich. Overall everything was very good although the orzo salad was a bit bland. It was hummus not cheese dip like the box said and oreos rather than the milk cookie. It was far better than the boxed meals from mainline last summer. Glassware is also back!

Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by fender5787
Its funny you mention it, but as I was in 6C and the FAs didn’t close the already transparent curtains, I got an eagle eyed view of the F service. By the time we got our sundaes, only half the F customers had gotten their main. It didn’t help that F went out 10/10 (and paid/SWU fares as F was full a week before the flight). So the lack of a 2nd FA with a full cabin during a lunch/day flight seems to drastically increase service time. Perhaps another reason to stick to (their relatively great) trans-con J!
Thats crazy but yes F service has felt so slow on the A321T.. I'm flying Monday and actually took 1F b/c I really was frustrated how long I waited last month, and that was only in my usual 3F (3F for red eye, 2F day time. Doing 1F Monday and hoping for a quicker meal service and getting the soup hot.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Have this menu options for late April LAX-MIA, its an overnight flight and I have a ~3 hours connection at PS so will probably just eat there and skip the plane food but in case anyone tried the Chicken Cacciatore or Tortellini?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
LAX-PHL RT first week of May, both flights leave around 3PM PST, pre-order meal options are:
  • GEMELLI CACIO E PEPE (Vegetarian)GEMELLI CACIO E PEPE (Vegetarian) selected for for LAX to PHL
    Gemelli pasta with cheese and black pepper served with smoky tomato sauce, zucchini and tomatoes
  • CHICKEN PICATTACHICKEN PICATTA selected for for LAX to PHL
    Served with cauliflower mash and garlic confit
Haven't had the chicken before
  • FIESTA GRAIN BOWL (vegetarian)FIESTA GRAIN BOWL (vegetarian) selected for for PHL to LAX
    Cauliflower, black beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, corn, red onions and zucchini served with fiesta taco sauce
  • SHORT RIB WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCESHORT RIB WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE selected for for PHL to LAX
    Served with Gruyere and pimento mac n' cheese
Short rib was stringy last time but not a fan of grain bowls.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Options for SEA-DFW-CMH tomorrow; lunch and dinner legs:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.