Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Looks good, but why does the cache pepe look like bolognese?
They put tomato sauce with it which kind of defeats the whole point of the dish IMO
planofoodie1 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Looks good, but why does the cache pepe look like bolognese?
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
They put tomato sauce with it which kind of defeats the whole point of the dish IMO
I believe cache pepe is a twist on the dish that the AA web development team suggested to catering. This should explain the addition of tomatoes.
choosethedrew and BlooJoo like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I was in economy on the LAX-JFK transcon a few days ago and had the chocolate square / crackers / cheese / grapes box. More than happy with that, and I might opt for something similar if it's on tonight's F transcon. Much prefer that to lumps of cauliflower, salad i dont eat, prawns, cheesy pasta dishes etc.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Utterly bizarre. But proper caccio pepe wouldn't work on a place anyway.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:40 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
What is Cache Pepe - is it what I know as Caccio e Pepe?
24.05.2004 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by xenole
I was in economy on the LAX-JFK transcon a few days ago and had the chocolate square / crackers / cheese / grapes box. More than happy with that, and I might opt for something similar if it's on tonight's F transcon. Much prefer that to lumps of cauliflower, salad i dont eat, prawns, cheesy pasta dishes etc.
That sounds good actually. Which flight are you on tonight back to LA? I am on the 845pm.. I ordered the Asian Veg which I really excited to try as I love Indian food and hope it will be some sort of chana, dal or paneer dish. And also I dont eat beef, the chicken on AA has been bad of late & the pastas I think are never any good. Its just all butter or flavorless red sauce. I had read somewhere, maybe OMAAT, that the Asian Veg special orders out of JFK are by far the best.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
What is Cache Pepe - is it what I know as Caccio e Pepe?
You beat me to it.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:31 pm

Same thing I thought, like what was that they threw in there. Totally not right.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:33 pm

Utterly bizarre. But proper caccio pepe wouldn't work on a place anyway.
Why not? If done properly w/ correct pasta and some good pecorino it can absolutely work.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:57 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Why not? If done properly w/ correct pasta and some good pecorino it can absolutely work.
Actually Pasta works well at altitude - you can heat it from frozen and it will stay al dente. I would, however, bet the value of the aircraft on which it is reheated that they will not have proper Pecorino. It was probably come from a Kraft factory rather than Rome. As the dish originates in Rome then it has to have Pecorino - putting tomato sauce on it is like applying ketchup to Lobster. All wrong.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Actually Pasta works well at altitude - you can heat it from frozen and it will stay al dente. I would, however, bet the value of the aircraft on which it is reheated that they will not have proper Pecorino. It was probably come from a Kraft factory rather than Rome. As the dish originates in Rome then it has to have Pecorino - putting tomato sauce on it is like applying ketchup to Lobster. All wrong.
Uggh Kraft factory. But yes tomato sauce all all wrong for that dish.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
So my comment about caccio pepe not working at altitude wasn't about pasta not working at altitude, but rather cream/oil based causes not working well. Generally, reheated cream/oil based sauces don't work well reheated in my opinion, vs. tomato based sauces, which reheat great.
wrp96, BWISkyGuy and madmanshoney like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by marlee1421
AA indicated meal pre-orders will be available in April. Has anyone been able to pre-order meals yet?
I was able to pre-order today for a flight on May 01.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Karen Marks Willis
I was able to pre-order today for a flight on May 01.
Me too, except what they're offering (other than on transcons) is garbage and a disgrace.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:25 pm

Not sure what your choice was, but it was either a blackened shrimp salad or vegetarian cobb for lunch. I set my expectations low so I’m not disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.