Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 4:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
LGA-MSP e175 operated by Republic

Would you like the "Protein option" or "Vegetarian Salad"? I asked what the FA recommended and she said "I like the protein. It's a steak sandwich and it's pretty good."

Given the experience with the turkey sandwich, I'm shockingly pleased to say that this "steak" sandwich (really more like roast beef) was extremely tasty! It had good flavor and the bread was fresh and not soggy. The salad was fresh with a nice sundried tomato on it. It would have been a lot easier to eat on a tray instead of in the box, but given how this all tasted good and fresh and not soggy, I probably shouldn't complain too much!

ceebee100 and ValleyEarl like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by 355F1
That entire tray looks quite edible, IMO.

How was it?
it was pretty good. Sorry I missed this earlier! I really enjoyed the bunt cake!

Todays choice for DEN -> CLT was a hummus sandwich or charcuterie plate. I picked charcuterie and I’m pretty disappointed with it!

Old May 2, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by donotblink
it was pretty good. Sorry I missed this earlier! I really enjoyed the bunt cake!

Todays choice for DEN -> CLT was a hummus sandwich or charcuterie plate. I picked charcuterie and I’m pretty disappointed with it!

Those are my choices for my upcoming PHX-MCI trip. The charcuterie board does not thrill me. Has anyone had the hummus sandwich?
Old May 2, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by RaindropT
Those are my choices for my upcoming PHX-MCI trip. The charcuterie board does not thrill me. Has anyone had the hummus sandwich?
I would have enjoyed this way more if the side had been hummus and crudites.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RaindropT
I had the hummus ~ a month ago as I was a good samaritan and let someone else take the last charcuterie board. Pics are up thread, but I was not a fan. Would go with the board 10-10 times.
RaindropT likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by flyergeek
Any pics of the Southwestern Shrimp Salad? I have this on my flight next week DFW-SRQ, no hot entrees unfortunately.

Had this on DFW-LAS
Old May 2, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
Did your avocado thing have peas in it by chance? I had something like that (but without the bugs and radishes) a couple months ago and spit it out because it had peas. It made me think of that NYT recipe for pea guacamole that I thought everyone (but its author) knew was a horrid joke but maybe that author works at AA now.

Also, has anyone had the lox bagel recently? I'm doing BOS-LAX in flagship J next week (upgrade offer is $377 but with no FFD on either end, not worth it). I pre-ordered the lox bagel instead of the chia thing, but the eggs with chives and canadian bacon actually look pretty good in the pic upthread. Choices, choices...
Old May 3, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryan182
The sandwich was...not good. I saw one of the salads and it didn't look great either. The thing on the top left I *think* was some attempt at a potato salad, needless to say it was not edible.
If possible I'd eat before the flight or bring something with you.
I concur that the Turkey "Breakfast" Sandwich is not good. I opted for the Greek Salad (pic below) and that wasn't great either, but it appeared to be the lesser of two evils. Potato salad was a disaster as well.
onanisland and keyw like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ceebee100
I concur that the Turkey "Breakfast" Sandwich is not good. I opted for the Greek Salad (pic below) and that wasn't great either, but it appeared to be the lesser of two evils. Potato salad was a disaster as well.
At least yours didn’t come with Lite Ranch for the dressing.
onanisland and ceebee100 like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Terrible chicken and polenta(?) dish on PHX-ATL yesterday. The salad also looked sad with a couple stray sun-dried tomatoes and what might have been breaded shrimp. It was truly disgusting looking. I would have been better off with the reimbursed cheese plate in coach with my Silver card!
Old May 3, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by keyw
At least yours didn’t come with Lite Ranch for the dressing.
I wish they would serve that lite ranch! I've never seen it. That packet of Ken's in that pic has more fat grams and calories than a Big Mac. Gross.
CLT likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
I wish they would serve that lite ranch! I've never seen it. That packet of Ken's in that pic has more fat grams and calories than a Big Mac. Gross.
According to their website, 2 Tbsp (~1 oz) of Ken's vinaigrette has 100 calories and 10 g fat. The packet is about 1.5 oz so it is nowhere near a Big Mac.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
According to their website, 2 Tbsp (~1 oz) of Ken's vinaigrette has 100 calories and 10 g fat. The packet is about 1.5 oz so it is nowhere near a Big Mac.
My bad. I was referring to the regular ranch not vinaigrette
Old May 3, 2022, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Did your avocado thing have peas in it by chance? I had something like that (but without the bugs and radishes) a couple months ago and spit it out because it had peas. It made me think of that NYT recipe for pea guacamole that I thought everyone (but its author) knew was a horrid joke but maybe that author works at AA now.

Also, has anyone had the lox bagel recently? I'm doing BOS-LAX in flagship J next week (upgrade offer is $377 but with no FFD on either end, not worth it). I pre-ordered the lox bagel instead of the chia thing, but the eggs with chives and canadian bacon actually look pretty good in the pic upthread. Choices, choices...
I think it might have had peas, tbh I'm not really sure.

I've had the smoked salmon platter with the bagel, the platter is good overall, but the bagel is a disgusting prepackaged cold, hard bagel. When I get that I just eat the hard-boiled egg and salmon and forgo the bagel.
Old May 4, 2022, 12:40 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by HiAperture
Oh an ice cream sundae fight! All must be returning to normal in the skies.
They offered ice cream sundaes on PHX-OGG last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.