Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:02 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by enviroian
No mention of MCE getting drinks for free or snacks. They've had two years to plan this and the best they can do is nuts and pringles?

"Phase in new items over the year".

Pathetic.
The bottom of that leaked directive says something about the comp policies for EP/CK/AirPass/MCE so I would assume they are to return.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
You lucked out. Before that the end of that video was employees clapping. What the hell were they clapping for or whom? Someone finally figured out it was annoying and yanked it.
Not to get too off topic, but I remember that lol. I assumed they were clapping at the end because the video was (or at least supposed to look like) all done in one continuous shot with no cuts?
chrisny2 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum

JAN 2022 Breakfast, STLPHX

MAR 2022 Breakfast, STLPHX

Clearly AA is using the UA playbook of "changes you'll like". I fail to see where AA's effort in restoring meals to First Class resulted in a positive outcome for segments such as STLPHX. In fact its an absolute downgrade and I'd rather go back to the cold turkey sandwich offering because at least it was more substantial/filling not to mention not looking as pathetic.

I'm not sure what the FA was up to on this flight. but things seemed off. While I would cut some slack in considering that catering outstations may not have everything in place yet, I got the sense that items from the tray setup were repurposed to allow more food for the crew. The FA rolled the cart out, but despite being an "even flight number" he started taking orders from the back and were simply offered either a fruit plate or lox and bagel. He handed out the trays to people that selected the lox, and then went forward with trays to "get something" when my son and I ordered the fruit plates. The trays that were brought to us had a fruit dish the same size as the lox plate tray setup and a wrapped bagel and nothing else. Looking a row ahead, someone else ordered a fruit plate but it was a full size plate of fruit, a wrapped piece of banana bread, and a yogurt cup. I mentioned something to the FA about the tray setup for the fruit plate missing yogurt, he muttered something and then went to the galley and returned with a single yogurt cup. I noticed later when I went to use the lav and they were prepping trays to the cockpit, in addition to the hot crew meals on the tray, they had lox and yogurt stacked on there as well and it was kind of apparent they weren't part of the tray setup. While I'm less concerned about the "select and go" buffet they made out of my breakfast tray, I'm more frustrated about the substantial decline in what is offered now on this route; a wrapped bagel with fruit is about what I could grab from the STL Admirals Club....only its closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
Carfield and ceebee100 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by qukslvr619

Clearly AA is using the UA playbook of "changes you'll like". I fail to see where AA's effort in restoring meals to First Class resulted in a positive outcome for segments such as STLPHX. In fact its an absolute downgrade and I'd rather go back to the cold turkey sandwich offering because at least it was more substantial/filling not to mention not looking as pathetic.

I'm not sure what the FA was up to on this flight. but things seemed off. While I would cut some slack in considering that catering outstations may not have everything in place yet, I got the sense that items from the tray setup were repurposed to allow more food for the crew. The FA rolled the cart out, but despite being an "even flight number" he started taking orders from the back and were simply offered either a fruit plate or lox and bagel. He handed out the trays to people that selected the lox, and then went forward with trays to "get something" when my son and I ordered the fruit plates. The trays that were brought to us had a fruit dish the same size as the lox plate tray setup and a wrapped bagel and nothing else. Looking a row ahead, someone else ordered a fruit plate but it was a full size plate of fruit, a wrapped piece of banana bread, and a yogurt cup. I mentioned something to the FA about the tray setup for the fruit plate missing yogurt, he muttered something and then went to the galley and returned with a single yogurt cup. I noticed later when I went to use the lav and they were prepping trays to the cockpit, in addition to the hot crew meals on the tray, they had lox and yogurt stacked on there as well and it was kind of apparent they weren't part of the tray setup. While I'm less concerned about the "select and go" buffet they made out of my breakfast tray, I'm more frustrated about the substantial decline in what is offered now on this route; a wrapped bagel with fruit is about what I could grab from the STL Admirals Club....only its closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
That is unacceptable if the FA repurposed food items from your tray to give the cockpit crew. No reason you should be shortchanged while they are already enjoying a nice hot breakfast!
Also, FYI…AA not longer does FEBO for meal orders. The new meal order process (has been around since 2014) and is as follows:When an aircraft flight involves a change of time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Eastbound: from forward / front to aft /back
. . . • Westbound: from aft to forward

If the flight does not involve a change of any time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Southbound: from forward to aft
. . . • Northbound: from aft to forward

In your case you were heading westbound so the FA was right in taking orders from the back.
keyw likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ceebee100
That is unacceptable if the FA repurposed food items from your tray to give the cockpit crew. No reason you should be shortchanged while they are already enjoying a nice hot breakfast!
Also, FYI…AA not longer does FEBO for meal orders. The new meal order process (has been around since 2014) and is as follows:When an aircraft flight involves a change of time zones, take meal preferences:

If the flight does not involve a change of any time zones, take meal preferences:

In your case you were heading westbound so the FA was right in taking orders from the back.
Thanks for clarifying the meal preference criteria; I may have missed that it changed.

Prior to CoVid, the STLPHX flights had a choice of hot entree such as eggs or oatmeal. On my previous post-Covid flights on AA before the latest "enhancements", STLPHX received the turkey sandwich tray I posted a picture of earlier but I cannot recall actually being given a choice other than either I ate breakfast or I didn't. Using the threshold in place now, are the flights in the 2.5-3.5 band actually supposed to have an option or is it still breakfast or no breakfast? Regardless of the FA repurposing items from my tray, is there actually a choice of two different meals on 2.5-3.5 hr flights? I am still trying to understand if there actually is a legit fruit plate option to begin with.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ceebee100

What does change of timezone have to do with it? What about north/southbound that involves a change of time zone? MIA-LIM for instance, which is almost directly north/south and often involves a change of timezone?
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
PHL-DFW, 3/19, Dinner. No PDBs offered. Choice of a cobb salad or shrimp salad. I felt safer going with with cobb salad than Discount Dougie's shrimp salad. It wasn't too bad except for the fact that there was no bacon, which last I checked was a key ingredient of a cobb salad. Also I don't know why there were potatoes in it. Pilots got hot meals of course, not us. They actually smelled pretty good as the FA was plating them. The orzo thing was tasteless. The lemon bundt cake dessert wasn't bad, maybe a tad dense. FA said they didn't have any Woodford left after dinner, so had to switch to Canadian Club. He served me doubles of both without asking.

DFW-IAH, 3/20. Open bar PDBs!! First time I've seen this since the before days, and even more appreciated because it's a Sunday in Texas, so a plane is the only place you're getting a drink at 7am. Fantastic service from a friendly young FA. She did another drink pass in the air and offered snacks which were a choice of raspberry fig bars or raspberry fig bars.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
PHL-DFW, 3/19, Dinner. No PDBs offered. Choice of a cobb salad or shrimp salad. I felt safer going with with cobb salad than Discount Dougie's shrimp salad. It wasn't too bad except for the fact that there was no bacon, which last I checked was a key ingredient of a cobb salad. Also I don't know why there were potatoes in it. Pilots got hot meals of course, not us. They actually smelled pretty good as the FA was plating them. The orzo thing was tasteless. The lemon bundt cake dessert wasn't bad, maybe a tad dense. FA said they didn't have any Woodford left after dinner, so had to switch to Canadian Club. He served me doubles of both without asking.

DFW-IAH, 3/20. Open bar PDBs!! First time I've seen this since the before days, and even more appreciated because it's a Sunday in Texas, so a plane is the only place you're getting a drink at 7am. Fantastic service from a friendly young FA. She did another drink pass in the air and offered snacks which were a choice of raspberry fig bars or raspberry fig bars.
I guess the cobb salad is supposed to be the vegetarian option since the other option was shrimp, but they could have at least put some fake bacon in there!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:19 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by qukslvr619

If the FA truly took items from your meal tray and then gave them to the cockpit crew, then that is unacceptable and I would write an email to AA CS.
BavarianFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
What does change of timezone have to do with it? What about north/southbound that involves a change of time zone? MIA-LIM for instance, which is almost directly north/south and often involves a change of timezone?
We have a thread discussing that topic:
Spanish likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Are AA offering Champagne in business class on JFK - LAX/SFO now instead of Prosecco?

I heard a rumour that it was no longer just in Flagship First.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Can pre-order a meal on next month's JFK-SFO Transcon in F.

Cummin rubbed pan roasted chicken.
Beef Fillet
Seared halibut.

Doesn't sound too bad, although some cheese would suit me as I'm planning on eating in the Flagship lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
PHX-OGG Unable to pre-reserve meal on 789

Flying between OGG - PHX, I’m unable to preorder a meal, the link is missing. I’m taking this is not a Flagship flight? What’s served?

Last edited by EXPLAT; Mar 27, 2022 at 2:55 pm
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Recent flights over the last week.

BOS-DCA: PDBs offered and a couple of rounds made with snacks during the short flight.

DCA-DFW: PDBs offered. After selecting the charcuterie plate, the FA asked folks if we would be willing to swap to the vegetarian meal (pictured below). It brought flashbacks to what life had been like the last two years My guess is that he didn’t keep an accurate count.

A single piece of cheese, some peppers and some hummus. Had the broccoli and a little bit of the hummus. Pretty sad offering compared to the charcuterie or the cold chicken salad.

DFW-BOS: No PDBs (I boarded at T-20, but didn’t look like the rounds were made). Service kicked off once we leveled out vs. shortly after takeoff, and was a bit dragged on, largely because one FA was doing most of the work. That said, the FA was definitely hustling and very attentive.

Went with the hot vegetarian choice over the beef with mac (which is quite good) as I had a large lunch.

The flight was mis-catered. No bread or limes, but we got dulce de letche versus just the raspberry.

What could be behind the wrapping…

A mix of rice and beans. It was okay. No idea what the stuff on top of the salad was.

Desert consisted of the ice cream or fruit with cheese.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Aa2210: Mia-jfk

Hi,
On this delayed service (due to late incoming aircraft), no PDB due to the delay. FA in First was quite friendly, a rather exotic lady. Was a mix JFK and MIA based crew. She did walk round a few times to keep drinks top up or provide new drinks.
Options were the charcuterie or vegetable sandwich (with hummus filling). I found the sandwich much better.

Cheers!

ryanbriar and ValleyEarl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.