Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:03 pm

Recently flew YWR Vancouver - DFW Dallas business class. And even though this is a domestic flight thread - thought I would share my experience as it was a less than 4 hrs flight. Was actually pretty impressed by the food served in business on this flight. And the flight attendant too was very responsive , friendly and efficient. Started off with warm nuts and drinks and 2 food choices - beef or mushroom risotto. Picked the risotto and it was hot and tasted good. The bread roll was served warm too. She made frequent trips if customers needed a refill. So must say it was a very good experience overall !
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Stripe
Why couldn't you have posted this a few hours earlier? I was dithering between the "Cajun chicken salad" and an Asian veg special meal for a flight tomorrow evening. This looks quite good. Sadly I chose wrong and now it's too late to switch. Nice to see they retained the Baklava thing they had with these meals pre-Covid.
Do you have any picture or thoughts on that cajun chicken salad meal? It's that or fruit & cheese on an upcoming flight of mine.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Do you have any picture or thoughts on that cajun chicken salad meal? It's that or fruit & cheese on an upcoming flight of mine.
I'll get it coming back on Monday night the 4th and will post pics and review then.
chrisny2 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Soup course yes for lunch just like dinner. The grain thing is horrible and yes seems to show up on lunch more than dinner but I think I had it as an option on 77F last week to MIA.

Btw, if leaving from JFK get the Asian Veg. Dont do it leaving from LAX, it was so bad. JFK was good 2 x now during Covid. The app was actually something Indian (chana, it was cool and refreshing). The dessert was really good galub jamun. Out of LA neither the app nor dessert were Asian/Indian.

Offensive tray yes, at least in May on my last LAX/JFK flight.
Thank you. Do "lunch" flights also get the olives alongside the nuts with first drink, or is the only at dinner?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Thank you. Do "lunch" flights also get the olives alongside the nuts with first drink, or is the only at dinner?
I dont recall getting any olives in a long time. Maybe on a JFK-LAX 2 months ago that was dinner. My last 5 eastbounds were 4 red eyes & 1 early AM and I dont think those qualifies as I definitely did not receive olives on those 5 flights.

Someone else surely will have the for sure answer on the olives :0
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
September 2014.
In flight, perhaps
FFD was a pretty substantial F&B development though!
njvandy likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
DFW-PDX, 7/2/22, 5:02 6:57 depart

Short rib or Cauliflower grain bowl. I didn't hear or see anyone ordering the latter.

Some kind of parmesan cavatappi or just fancy Mac n cheese. It was all good. Shrimp was good and different than last quarter's Shrimp app. Plate with butter is for the roll that I got about 20 minutes late. FA tried to take trays from row 1 before rolls were served, but I steadfastly waited for my dessert roll. Actual dessert was F&C or small mango sorbet. I would usually go F&C but did the sorbet as I'm getting cheesed out on AA. Cheese as dinner, cheese as dessert, cheese cubes all over the AC.
orbitmic, apeortdz, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:07 am

Short rib w/ polenta on PHL-PHX flight. There was a side of shrimp too.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I dont recall getting any olives in a long time. Maybe on a JFK-LAX 2 months ago that was dinner. My last 5 eastbounds were 4 red eyes & 1 early AM and I dont think those qualifies as I definitely did not receive olives on those 5 flights.

Someone else surely will have the for sure answer on the olives :0
I’ve received olives on the lunch flights ex-LAX to JFK and Boston.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I’ve received olives on the lunch flights ex-LAX to JFK and Boston.
I think from your posts, you've taken lunch and dinner flights. Did you see any service protocol difference between the two? Obviously it's FA-dependant, but was the protocol the same?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I think from your posts, you've taken lunch and dinner flights. Did you see any service protocol difference between the two? Obviously it's FA-dependant, but was the protocol the same?
I haven’t noticed anything that was supposed to be different, but like you said it is FA and also correct catering dependent.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm on MIA-LAX 09.12 and SFO-JFK 06.00 transcon flights in business next week. Will I get breakfast or lunch service?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by barneyb
I'm on MIA-LAX 09.12 and SFO-JFK 06.00 transcon flights in business next week. Will I get breakfast or lunch service?
Breakfast on both. MIA gets tons of catering mishaps thanks to AA letting LSG Skychefs get away with anything, so I would recommend getting some extra food at either Versailles Cafe or La Carreta.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
What’s the rule for BOB snacks? I’m currently sitting in 8F TPA-DFW and there were no snacks available to buy.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by enviroian
What’s the rule for BOB snacks? I’m currently sitting in 8F TPA-DFW and there were no snacks available to buy.
snacks are available for purchase on flights over 1,500 miles
enviroian and keyw like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.