Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
MEX-MIA lunch mezzaluna pasta with sun dried tomato filling and mushroom sauce. Not pretty but very good. Bread warmed (two types). Normal ex-MEX corn cake dessert. Hot nuts before (and ramekins are back ex-MEX.) Great service too.

Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
ORD-SMF, mid-July, leaving around 8:30pm, shows F coded as "Dinner". Doing a mock-booking shows a choice between chicken and pasta. I'm surprised, thought all post-8pm flights got snack service only? Would I also expect to get ice cream as dessert on that flight? Are there any distinctions between 6/7pm and post-8pm dinner flights?

Toying with the idea of buying up to F for that segment. Thanks for the input!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
ORD-SMF, mid-July, leaving around 8:30pm, shows F coded as "Dinner". Doing a mock-booking shows a choice between chicken and pasta. I'm surprised, thought all post-8pm flights got snack service only? Would I also expect to get ice cream as dessert on that flight? Are there any distinctions between 6/7pm and post-8pm dinner flights?

There's been a couple of reports of dinner being served into the 8:00 hour lately -- not sure if that's an official change or not (or a bug). Based on the mileage though, you would get a packaged or plain ice cream/sorbet item (not a sundae), barring caterer supplier issues, of course.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
There's been a couple of reports of dinner being served into the 8:00 hour lately -- not sure if that's an official change or not (or a bug). Based on the mileage though, you would get a packaged or plain ice cream/sorbet item (not a sundae), barring caterer supplier issues, of course.
Looking at AA's website simply shows "meals served during meal times" with no actual time parameters. However, would you say that, as the booking does show actual meal choices, that lessens the chance of it being a bug?

This ambiguity is a bit frustrating, not gonna lie.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold

I think they pushed back the meal time to 9pm, I had a 8:40pm departure in May which had meal service.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Looking at AA's website simply shows "meals served during meal times" with no actual time parameters. However, would you say that, as the booking does show actual meal choices, that lessens the chance of it being a bug?

It's hard to say... I THINK it lessens the chance of it being a bug, but the meal cycles get loaded in much the same way as the general meal service, so I can't be 100% positive. That said, like keyw mentioned, people have been reporting meals served up to 9pm now, and the data in the schedule would likely have been corrected by now if it was off. If I were in your shoes, I'd book it. I'd also keep a screen shot of it showing the dinner service and your specific meal selection just in case you need to write in for compensation though, even though I expect it won't be an issue.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
It's hard to say... I THINK it lessens the chance of it being a bug, but the meal cycles get loaded in much the same way as the general meal service, so I can't be 100% positive. That said, like keyw mentioned, people have been reporting meals served up to 9pm now, and the data in the schedule would likely have been corrected by now if it was off. If I were in your shoes, I'd book it. I'd also keep a screen shot of it showing the dinner service and your specific meal selection just in case you need to write in for compensation though, even though I expect it won't be an issue.
That helps, thanks! If I decide to purchase the upgrade, I'll certainly report back and take photos
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Dinner has been extended to flights departing up until 9pm, in my experience. Additionally, if you're seeing pre-order options on AA.com, you're almost certainly getting dinner, absent some sort of miscater on the day of departure.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by metallo
Dinner has been extended to flights departing up until 9pm, in my experience. Additionally, if you're seeing pre-order options on AA.com, you're almost certainly getting dinner, absent some sort of miscater on the day of departure.
+1 -- pushing meal time back from 8 to 9 p.m. is perhaps the only positive F&B development on AA since March 2020.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Question: On the Flagship transcons in F (JFK-LAX in my case) are lunch and dinner service standards different? The menus were slightly different. Dinner was three full meal hot choices. Lunch replaced one with a grain bowl (not sure if that’s hot) but I’m wondering if dinner has a different plating experience and/or an extra course (i.e soup.) They’re both still using the offensive tray for salad/app?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by PTahCha

These are the only BOB options offered right now:

So yes, you'll need to buy food somewhere, or bring your own.
I think these are new, but here are the options on the shiny menu today CMH-DFW on a 737:

I am stoked about the Haribo bears and the Salami plate!!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
CMH-DFW, 7/2/22, 12:51 depart

Vegetarian Cobb Salad or Charcuterie plate:

Very tasty; would order again!
apeortdz and ValleyEarl like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
What's with all the broccoli salad dish at the moment? Doesn't look very appealing to me (though I guess no worse than the sad iceberg plus whatever)
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Question: On the Flagship transcons in F (JFK-LAX in my case) are lunch and dinner service standards different? The menus were slightly different. Dinner was three full meal hot choices. Lunch replaced one with a grain bowl (not sure if that’s hot) but I’m wondering if dinner has a different plating experience and/or an extra course (i.e soup.) They’re both still using the offensive tray for salad/app?
Soup course yes for lunch just like dinner. The grain thing is horrible and yes seems to show up on lunch more than dinner but I think I had it as an option on 77F last week to MIA.

Btw, if leaving from JFK get the Asian Veg. Dont do it leaving from LAX, it was so bad. JFK was good 2 x now during Covid. The app was actually something Indian (chana, it was cool and refreshing). The dessert was really good galub jamun. Out of LA neither the app nor dessert were Asian/Indian.

Offensive tray yes, at least in May on my last LAX/JFK flight.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
+1 -- pushing meal time back from 8 to 9 p.m. is perhaps the only positive F&B development on AA since March 2020.
September 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.