Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
6/24/22, CMH-DFW, 9:30 am depart

Bacon, egg, cheese croissant or fruit plate with yogurt. Fruit plate was tasty but not particularly filling. Should have gone croissant maybe-- also came with fruit and fig bar.

Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:05 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have a question - I see quite a few branded items (cookies and such like) - do you suppose that American gets them at a particularly low cost - if anything at all - as Product Placement? It just crossed my mind to wonder/
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have a question - I see quite a few branded items (cookies and such like) - do you suppose that American gets them at a particularly low cost - if anything at all - as Product Placement? It just crossed my mind to wonder/
i don’t think so. It’s like other airlines serving coke or Pepsi. Airlines just open tenders, food companies are competitively pricing due to volume rather than placement though of course they factor the visibility in. Americans also tend to think that big brands reassure customers and sound reliable, more so than their European counterparts who sometimes frown upon food giants.
nineworldseries and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
i don’t think so. It’s like other airlines serving coke or Pepsi. Airlines just open tenders, food companies are competitively pricing due to volume rather than placement though of course they factor the visibility in. Americans also tend to think that big brands reassure customers and sound reliable, more so than their European counterparts who sometimes frown upon food giants.
Interesting. I remember that the plastic glasses in Y all had Coca Cola (correct me if I am mistaken) on them and I thought that that meant that they were as good as free.From what you say then this may have been incorrect/
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Interesting. I remember that the plastic glasses in Y all had Coca Cola (correct me if I am mistaken) on them and I thought that that meant that they were as good as free.From what you say then this may have been incorrect/
they may well have provided the plastic glasses for a very low price (not sure) but from my understanding the drinks contracts reach very substantial amounts and are very competitive (hence airlines often switching from one range to another)
PUCCI GALORE and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by enviroian
Looks to me like any US based AA station could learn a lot from Mexico City's catering .....
AA domestic US catering has learned exactly what AA has paid the caterers to learn.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
AA domestic US catering has learned exactly what AA has paid the caterers to learn.
Yeah, it's AA, not the caterers. Remember the same caterers cater for LH, SQ, etc.

The odd, but awesome, thing about MEX catering is that either cannot do, or for whatever reason, don't do AA's cold meals. It means that MEX-DFW is always full hot meal, whereas DFW-MEX is the friggin' Cajun Chicken Salad, etc.

I think it may be because AA's other flights to MEX are all long enough for hot meal (LAX, PHX, MIA, CLT), and so they don't bother catering a different meal for flights to DFW.

EDIT: I actually take that back. Only CLT and LAX are over 1,500 miles, yet every flight ex-MEX gets the same hot choices. I guess it's cheaper that way.

Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
SFO JFK J Breakfast. It was the first domestic US service of any sort on any airline that has properly coursed a meal since March 2020. Service was very good but not really friendly. But not unfriendly.

PDB choice of water / juice / bubbles / mimosa.

Post departure service of beverage choice plus 2 plated mini biscotti.

Breakfast tray including fruit. I had the enchilada. Tasty, with a modest amount of heat. Tortilla texture got a bit gummy. Bread basket assortment presented

Mid-flight cheese/cracker service.

Late flight warm cookie service.

Snack baskets at Row 6 available from just after main meal service until prior to landing.

Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Please stop damaging forks. I know you're trying to make it your "calling card" for meal pix, but it's really just rude.
PTahCha, JIMCHI, chrisny2 and 16 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Please stop damaging forks. I know you're trying to make it your "calling card" for meal pix, but it's really just rude.
On the AS side of FT, you're not even allowed to mention the spoons (or forks).
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Flew back from ORD to LAX this afternoon on AA 1375. The flight operated about half an hour late on both departure and arrival. For lunch I had preselected the beef dish with mashed potatoes. The beef was a tad on the dry side, but it was flavored well and served with enough gravy to compensate for the dryness. I was pretty full after eating the beef and potatoes, so I passed on dessert. All things considered; it was another pleasant flight on AA.

Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
My sister and her large family are flying SFO-JFK in Y next week. Anyone have any recent experience with the meal service? I was shocked to learn AA was still serving meals in Y on any domestic routes, but the website is pretty clear.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by njvandy
My sister and her large family are flying SFO-JFK in Y next week. Anyone have any recent experience with the meal service? I was shocked to learn AA was still serving meals in Y on any domestic routes, but the website is pretty clear.
You'll get a little sandwich box, with a cold sandwich/wrap, crisps, and maybe some small packaged cookie/chocolate.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Miles can't buy them class, it seems.

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
96SS and TravelinGert like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
JFK-SFO
A321 Flagship First
Dinner flight

Choice of 1 starter, and either soup or salad, not both.

Wine list:

The cocktail snacks, with the Gruner Veltliner:

Here's the tuna appetizer, with the salad. Noted that the special dressing was not offered. There was a bread service of sourdough, wheat, or pretzel rolls.

Sea bass entree - there was no soy glaze on the dish, which made the fish really dry.

The purser only offered the sundae, as she "sold out" of the cheese plate, and I did not recall seeing any cake coming out of the galley.

The purser then set up self-service wine station, and stated that she ran out of wine when the bottles were emptied, 2 hours prior to the flight. There was no pre-landing drink service - only cookies. This was mentioned in the separate thread on how Transcon F service has been going down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.