Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
Ord/den 2368, 8am.

Great crew PDB and very attentive. Surprised to have meals on 888 mile flight, Pre-ordered AVML.
ORD-DEN is coded at 901 due to the old Stapleton airport location, shortest flight you'll receive a meal on.
AAway likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Originally Posted by safari ari
ORD-DEN is coded at 901 due to the old Stapleton airport location, shortest flight you'll receive a meal on.
Fun bit of trivia, thank you! Flying UA & AA on this route based on schedules, gets me every time.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by golfer20
AA 481, PHL - LAX. FA provided acceptable service. Strangely, catering only loaded 19 salad setups, leaving me (in row 5, EXP) to get the empty setup. Wrote into AA. No idea what the hummus colors are, but the hummus itself isn't bad.
That's the tray setup for the wellness lunch/dinners... I wonder if the person who ordered it didn't board, or if the FA maybe served that wellness meal on one of the standard setups? Catering could have always just loaded one randomly without the main, but they'd be more likely to not load a component than randomly load half a special that wasn't ordered.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
That's the tray setup for the wellness lunch/dinners... I wonder if the person who ordered it didn't board, or if the FA maybe served that wellness meal on one of the standard setups? Catering could have always just loaded one randomly without the main, but they'd be more likely to not load a component than randomly load half a special that wasn't ordered.
I think all of the above happened - Good outcome though, as AA threw me 5,500 miles and my partner $100 trip credit. Ticket was paid J.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by golfer20

my setup

+1's Setup

Sundae (unfortunately, no apple crisps were left)

AA 481, PHL - LAX. FA provided acceptable service. Strangely, catering only loaded 19 salad setups, leaving me (in row 5, EXP) to get the empty setup. Wrote into AA. No idea what the hummus colors are, but the hummus itself isn't bad.
I think PHL has a lot of catering issues. On my 10/12 PHL-LAX breakfast flight, no menus were provided (despite the flight being over 2,200 miles), catering was late because they initially only loaded like 5 meals or something, and then today my flight was mis-catered.
Ended up on the 8:38am from PHL-PHX vs. the 6:10am, but the menus for the two flights were the same. When the FA (crew was wonderful, btw) asked me what I'd like, none of the options matched what was on the pre-order. It seemed the only option was the breakfast enchilada, which was absolutely disgusting. Soggy, powdered "egg" encased in a soggy tortilla smothered in nacho cheese sauce. The whole thing was terrible. When I asked for two limes with my bloody mary, the FA apologized and told me that PHL didn't load any lemons or limes. She then proceeded to tell me that PHL mis-caters on a regular basis, and the same exact thing happened on her flight yesterday (the 8:38am) where they only loaded the enchillada. She explained how the breakfast options were supposed to be totally different, and that no one likes the enchilada but they have no choice but to serve it.

I really feel for some of these FAs. They clearly care and want to deliver superb service, but AA is failing them (at least in PHL). I wrote in to AA to commend the crew up front, but made sure to chide them for the unacceptable catering ex-PHL. Will it make a difference? Probably not, but I hope the FAs get the recognition they deserve.

Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
I think PHL has a lot of catering issues. On my 10/12 PHL-LAX breakfast flight, no menus were provided (despite the flight being over 2,200 miles), catering was late because they initially only loaded like 5 meals or something, and then today my flight was mis-catered.
Ended up on the 8:38am from PHL-PHX vs. the 6:10am, but the menus for the two flights were the same. When the FA (crew was wonderful, btw) asked me what I'd like, none of the options matched what was on the pre-order. It seemed the only option was the breakfast enchilada, which was absolutely disgusting. Soggy, powdered "egg" encased in a soggy tortilla smothered in nacho cheese sauce. The whole thing was terrible. When I asked for two limes with my bloody mary, the FA apologized and told me that PHL didn't load any lemons or limes. She then proceeded to tell me that PHL mis-caters on a regular basis, and the same exact thing happened on her flight yesterday (the 8:38am) where they only loaded the enchillada. She explained how the breakfast options were supposed to be totally different, and that no one likes the enchilada but they have no choice but to serve it.

I really feel for some of these FAs. They clearly care and want to deliver superb service, but AA is failing them (at least in PHL). I wrote in to AA to commend the crew up front, but made sure to chide them for the unacceptable catering ex-PHL. Will it make a difference? Probably not, but I hope the FAs get the recognition they deserve.
I haven't had any flights catered by Gate Gourmet this fall, but my LSG-catered flights have been a mess overall -- I know I can't pick solely on their PHL station. I've had moderate or significant catering issues on (in many cases multiple) flights out of CLT, DCA, DFW, LAS, SAN and SEA. LAS, for example, didn't cater linens on any of my flights in September or October. (I suspect that was a laundry issue.) Lots of wrong cycle meals catered across the board. I'm not terribly confident that things are going to be getting better at LSG anytime soon, but I'm always hopeful.

'Different strokes' on the breakfast enchilada, BTW... It's probably my favorite hot breakfast main in the current rotation.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
RSW-DFW 17:21 (5:21 pm) Departure
Dinner
Choice: shrimp salad or cheese plate
Selected: Muslim Meal

I couldn’t tell you for the life what it was, some sort of rice, sauce and vegetable mixture. But it was indeed a hot dish compared to the other options of cold plates. Muslim meal + Woodford probably threw the FA for a quick loop. Probably stick to diabetic meals going forward.

ryanbriar and AAL1 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AA102 HNL-DFW
Nov. 19, 2022
777-200
Dinner/Breakfast

After my disappointing LAX-HNL flight this was a complete 180. Nice seat, nice food, nice crew. I pre-ordered the beef tenderloin, which was a bit overcooked but had a nice taste. Menus and amenity kits were distributed, as was pre-departure water, OJ and sparkling wine.

Seat 4A.

Pre-dinner nuts/Mai Tai.

Crab and pineapple appetizer, plus salad and KIngs Hawaiian roll.

Beef tenderloin, port wine sauce, asparagus, potatoes Anna.

Hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and nuts.

Continental breakfast with grapes, pineapple, blueberries and kiwi, plus yogurt and granola.

High marks for the flight and service.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AA1328 CLT-DEN
Nov. 24, 2022
A321
Breakfast

Pre-ordered mushroom and asparagus frittata, with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, fruit and a biscuit from the basket. Identical to the pre-arrival breakfast served LAX-LHR in business class the week before. AA is nothing if not consistent! A nice breakfast on Thanksgiving Day.

rvolkcpa and ValleyEarl like this.

Last edited by Kurt; Dec 1, 2022 at 1:13 pm
Old Dec 2, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
PHL-MIA for January only showing one option or a special meal. No second option, grain bowl or golden roasted chicken.

I thought it would be a lame cold meal but it’s showing the short rib with peppercorn sauce and Mac n cheese. It let me select it. Sounds like a better lunch than the Greek salad!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:07 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kurt
AA102 HNL-DFW
Nov. 19, 2022
777-200
Dinner/Breakfast

After my disappointing LAX-HNL flight this was a complete 180. Nice seat, nice food, nice crew. I pre-ordered the beef tenderloin, which was a bit overcooked but had a nice taste. Menus and amenity kits were distributed, as was pre-departure water, OJ and sparkling wine.

High marks for the flight and service.
Small world, I believe you were in front of me on that flight. Believe I overheard you said you liked the dinner service much better than UA?

The AA DFW-HNL, HNL-DFW has a solid domestic food product/service. The Sundaes are always a treat.
Kurt likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by airb330
PHL-MIA for January only showing one option or a special meal. No second option, grain bowl or golden roasted chicken.

I thought it would be a lame cold meal but it’s showing the short rib with peppercorn sauce and Mac n cheese. It let me select it. Sounds like a better lunch than the Greek salad!
Sometimes AA's website glitches and shows one meal. The time this happened to me, there were still the normal # of options on board.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:01 pm

What flights have sundaes? Is it just transcon dinner flights?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
12/2/22, JFK-SFO, A321T Business, 5:55 depart

I'm glad that I pre-ordered the short rib as it and the sea bass were all gone even before 6A's order was taken.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Dec 2, 2022 at 8:07 pm
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
LIH-PHX, AA 697, 23:00 departure

PDB of choice, and bagged mixed nuts with the first in-flight drink service.

I was surprised to see a hot meal on a non-Flagship red-eye, and yeah, it was mac and cheese… but it did help soak up all the alcohol, lol. I can’t recall a FA on any of my Hawaii red-eyes who was so proactive in ensuring our glasses were never empty, which was greatly appreciated. It’s about the only way I can get even a quick nap on these flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.