Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Dfw-sea meal orders were taken back to front. By the time he got to me in 1A there was only chicken left but non issue as I don’t eat dinner at 5:30. What determines if they take orders starting in the front or back?

no PDB.

warmed nuts with refills were offered. I’ve never seen that before. After the entrees were served the flight attendant came by and offered me ice cream or cheese plate.

What I did find a little interesting that the CK next to me in 1B couldn’t believe the power outlet on this oasis 321 underneath his armrest was not USB friendly. Perhaps he only flies heavies. lol

hot towels were handed out but on all honesty they are so small and ratty it’s actually embarrassing for AA
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Dfw-sea meal orders were taken back to front. By the time he got to me in 1A there was only chicken left but non issue as I don’t eat dinner at 5:30. What determines if they take orders starting in the front or back?
I think it’s east bound vs west bound flight. If you are flying west I think they suppose to start with the last row. At least that’s how it was precovid. I think on all my recent flights FAs always started front to back.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by enviroian

AA meal order by flight direction & time zone change 09/2014 - no FEBO
When an aircraft flight involves a change of time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Eastbound: from forward / front to aft /back
. . . • Westbound: from aft to forward

If the flight does not involve a change of any time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Southbound: from forward to aft
. . . • Northbound: from aft to forward
enviroian and gateH15 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
What about when there is a change of timezone but the flight is north/south? Like MIA-SCL is almost directly south, but usually involves a time change, depending on time of year.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
What about when there is a change of timezone but the flight is north/south? Like MIA-SCL is almost directly south, but usually involves a time change, depending on time of year.
They are supposed to take it from Aft -> Forward when the time changes. I was on a flight the other day and according to the rules, the FA was supposed to start taking orders from the back (she started from the front). I was in row 3 which I purposely chose because I knew they were supposed to start taking orders from the back. Surprisingly there was still a choice when she got to me in 3B so it didn't bother me. She seemed relatively new too so that may have contributed to it.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Whoevers' butts are closest to Miami are supposed to get their orders taken first (is how I remember it since FEBO went away)
hhdl likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by hp12c
Awesome. Your experience from 2 months ago has convinced me to get back on the Asian Veg train. Interested to hear about your meal later this week.
I am excited for this meal too. Craving some Indian food right now. Flight is 11p tonight so will report back. I just hope its at least on the same level as JFK catering was 2 months ago. I vaguely remember reading an article saying how LAX Asian Veg was never as good as JFK, pre covid..

I am making a stop off the 405 on the way down at Prince St. Pizza so I'll be having a Sunset square & a Fancy Prince square. I'll still have room for some Indian food on the flight but if its bad I figure I'll be alright, have a sundae & crash out.
hp12c likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by mika911
Re the special meals ie Hindu and Asian Vegtarian, would they be the same style of food whether it was breakfast or lunch? Is there not a difference between the special meals when it comes to time of day?
I had been curious on this very thing and asked maybe 8 or 9 pages above and recall one reply confirming that indeed they are different for breakfast Vs. lunch/dinner so that breakfast would be not as substantial I think or at least more breakfast ish.
mika911 and hp12c like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Much like the mysterious Oaxaca Queso Quiche that doesn't seem to exist, I think this doesn't exist:

Roasted Sea Bass Roasted Sea Bass
recado rojo Yucatán-style sauce, sautéed spinach, tomato, quinoa with shiitake mushroom and onion

Two times now ex-MEX, it's been changed out for then salmon, which is truly excellent, especially ex-MEX.

FA was as lazy as could be. Brought the tray completely covered in plastic, entree covered in foil.

Edited to add: Hot nuts served in paper cup. No comment from lazy but heroic FA on why. Obviously a mis-cater... or more safety, I'm not sure.🙏

96SS likes this.

Last edited by aztimm; Jun 9, 2022 at 5:39 pm Reason: removed COVID commentary
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Much like the mysterious Oaxaca Queso Quiche that doesn't seem to exist, I think this doesn't exist:

Roasted Sea Bass Roasted Sea Bass
recado rojo Yucatán-style sauce, sautéed spinach, tomato, quinoa with shiitake mushroom and onion

Two times now ex-MEX, it's been changed out for then salmon, which is truly excellent, especially ex-MEX.

FA was as lazy as could be. Brought the tray completely covered in plastic, entree covered in foil. When I asked him why it's covered in all this stuff, he said COVID safety rules, and AA doesn't let them uncover it. When I told him I fly enough as a CK to know he's lying to my face and making things up, he ran away. He was, of course, still double masked, so clearly a hero saving our lives, so I, for one, am extremely grateful.🙏😷👍

Edited to add: Hot nuts served in paper cup. No comment from lazy but heroic FA on why. Obviously a mis-cater... or more safety, I'm not sure.🙏

Had the same salmon ex-Mex last week and it indeed was very good. Also had a very lackluster FA that didn’t unwrap the food, no pdbs (obvi), and served the nuts in a (very hot) tin foil cup thing. I have another ex-Mex flight in a few weeks and the infamous Oaxaca quiche thing is showing as an option along with some sweet corn blinis with bananas. It’s an 8am departure, so the catering options make sense, but it’s AA so who the heck knows what I’ll actually be served 🙃
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:32 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I am making a stop off the 405 on the way down at Prince St. Pizza so I'll be having a Sunset square & a Fancy Prince square.
Didn’t think we were allowed to discuss actually delicious food in this thread…
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
Didn’t think we were allowed to discuss actually delicious food in this thread…
Hahaha thats a good one So happy Prince came to LA. It really is legit pizza, which really is not that existent in LA.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Raralith
LAX-PHL RT first week of May, both flights leave around 3PM PST, pre-order meal options are:
  • GEMELLI CACIO E PEPE (Vegetarian)GEMELLI CACIO E PEPE (Vegetarian) selected for for LAX to PHL
    Gemelli pasta with cheese and black pepper served with smoky tomato sauce, zucchini and tomatoes
  • CHICKEN PICATTACHICKEN PICATTA selected for for LAX to PHL
    Served with cauliflower mash and garlic confit
Haven't had the chicken before
  • FIESTA GRAIN BOWL (vegetarian)FIESTA GRAIN BOWL (vegetarian) selected for for PHL to LAX
    Cauliflower, black beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, corn, red onions and zucchini served with fiesta taco sauce
  • SHORT RIB WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCESHORT RIB WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE selected for for PHL to LAX
    Served with Gruyere and pimento mac n' cheese
Short rib was stringy last time but not a fan of grain bowls.
My short rib with peppercorn was very good, better than the Bourguignon. I was a little surprised and it looks better than the photos I saw here.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Moderator note:

There seems to be quite a bit of COVID discussion in this thread (masks, making fun of employees for wearing masks/being careful, etc.) That will not be tolerated. Any future posts to that effect will be removed and the poster will receive discipline. It could also result in this thread being closed.

If you see something that does not belong, please use the caution triangle (to the bottom left of every post) to report it to the moderator team. We don't necessarily check every thread in the AA forum, so we rely on other FT'ers to report posts that don't belong.

Thank you.

/moderator
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
New desserts coming!
Available in premium cabins? Does this include premium economy seats as well as first and business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.