Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: AA PLAT
Oct 31 JFK-LAX AA171 6am
Flagship Business A32T

Frittata

Warmed cookies passed out 1 hour before landing
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Has anyone tried the GFBL or DBML meals recently? Debating what to order for lunch from DFW to PBI next week. Options are as follows:
  • CHARCUTERIE PLATECHARCUTERIE PLATE selected for DFW to PBI
    Sliced prosciutto and salami served with marinated mozzarella, olives and roasted tomatoes
  • GREEK SALAD (vegetarian)GREEK SALAD (vegetarian) selected for for DFW to PBI
    Fresh tomatoes, pepperoncini, Kalamata olives, sliced cucumber and feta cheese served on a bed of romaine
  • Harvest Vegetable and Grain BowlHarvest Vegetable and Grain Bowl selected for DFW to PBI
    "roasted garlic dressing, roasted vegetables, pickled onions, lentil salad, green beans, roasted shiitake mushrooms.Created and inspired with wellness in mind by James Beard Award winning author and nutritionist Ellie Krieger"

Last edited by MGW2000; Nov 6, 2022 at 7:54 am
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:22 am

I was not impressed with the bowl. I only ordered it because it said it came with a side piece of salmon which of course it didn't (as noted upthread). At least they've taken out the promised optional side of salmon. I didn't think the charcuterie plate was bad.
Maybe I'm a big eater but I think the salads are awfully small for an entree.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Transcon F today.

No PDB of any sort and a nice but seemingly inexperienced FA (when I mentioned my choice of starter, she told me trays came with both, before coming back a bit later telling me she had just made a mistake!)

i like olives, so that tiny difference between J and F is actually appreciated here. I don't understand why on AA, the nuts are always broken as though they had been run over by a bus (and always too salty for my taste).

Seared tuna starter with Peruvian beans was a bit messy but good. The soup was eminently forgettable and barely lukewarm. The salad was baby spinach with goat cheese and strawberries and rather better than many other AA salads. I had it with lemon dill dressing which is one of my least liked "non balsamic vinaigrette" dressing (as a European, when coming to the US, I'd rather have the weird dressings you guys do some of which are really enjoyable!)

I had pre-ordered the "golden chicken". It was not as nice looking as the first pic of it on this thread but better than the other non-transcon pics. In my case it was skinless and there was absolutely nothing golden about it. It was also very bland and the tomato chutney was not really a chutney and not particularly good; however, unlike many other reports, mine was not too dry (which may be due to the fact it iwas, yet again, barely lukewarm, so I suspect it actually spent very little time in the oven!). I like the idea of grilled lemon, but the problem is that when it has sat on the green beans for hours, those become horribly bitter. The smashed potatoes were totally pointless. To be honest, If I had to do it again, i would probably have chosen the bolognese orecchiette which at least do what it says on the tin, or possibly the grain bowl with shrimps (but was worried as so many people say that the "optional" protein is not always loaded).

The sundae was what it is and nice.

Rather average on balance, but nothing really horrible (though the soup was close to poor)
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
I had good luck with my pre-order of the salmon, labeled 'salmon salad'. The salmon came already on top of the lentils and quinoa. Assorted cold roasted veggies were also on the tray, along with carrot and cucumber sticks. The little piece of chocolate wrapped in foil was a nice treat that I haven't seen earlier. I would def order this meal again. This was DFW-RNO, with a great crew that served full PDB as well as making frequent passes in the aisle to accommodate any requests.
I will chime in and report that I pre-ordered the meal above on a recent DFW-ORF lunch flight. The "available on request" grilled salmon was not. I requested my salmon from the FA and there was none to be found.

So, even out of the same station, it's hit or miss as to whether you will get the meal as advertised.

Why is AA so consistently bad at getting simple things right?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:43 am

TPA to ORD today, I preordered some breakfast that was basically "American Breakfast" on the menu -- wish I screen capped it.

The FA said "you ordered the pork?" to which I said "I guess so."

It was a weird breakfast -- didn't take a photo because my phone was off and charging. It was maybe 6 slices of round pork deli meat (sweet but good) on some egg salad (one scoop, haha) next to two puffy cookie-shaped fat soft biscuits that had a hint of blueberry taste to it, next to a quarter plate of fruit.

Very odd. Not sure exactly how it fit in breakfast but it was appetizing enough and way overfilling.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Herb687
I will chime in and report that I pre-ordered the meal above on a recent DFW-ORF lunch flight. The "available on request" grilled salmon was not. I requested my salmon from the FA and there was none to be found.

So, even out of the same station, it's hit or miss as to whether you will get the meal as advertised.

Why is AA so consistently bad at getting simple things right?
Not excusing that it happened in the first place (very bad), but at least the preorder descriptions for flights ineligible for the salmon were corrected by the time the system came back online over the weekend. Naturally there will still be miscaters where the caterer can't/won't board the salmon for a variety of reasons, but what is promised should now align with what's normally delivered at least.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by AB Dada
TPA to ORD today, I preordered some breakfast that was basically "American Breakfast" on the menu -- wish I screen capped it.

It was a weird breakfast -- didn't take a photo because my phone was off and charging. It was maybe 6 slices of round pork deli meat (sweet but good) on some egg salad (one scoop, haha) next to two puffy cookie-shaped fat soft biscuits that had a hint of blueberry taste to it, next to a quarter plate of fruit.

Very odd. Not sure exactly how it fit in breakfast but it was appetizing enough and way overfilling.
Except for the blueberry with savory, it actually sounds pretty tasty!
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:20 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had probably the worst beef dish I've ever had (on a plane or elsewhere) yesterday LAX-JFK in F.
Didn't take a pic but the beef fillet was super tough, rubbery, and chewy. Definitely way overcooked and tasted like chewing on leather. Should've pre-ordered the chicken, they ran out by the time they took my order.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
The infamous Oaxaca spinach quiche ex-MEX

11/7 AA1498 MEX-MIA: Oaxaca cheese and spinach quiche with a spiced tomato slice and potatoes

Good meal, def better than other North American breakfasts. But not surprising out of MEX as it probably has some of the AA catering in my experience.

Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by S.R
Had probably the worst beef dish I've ever had (on a plane or elsewhere) yesterday LAX-JFK in F.
Didn't take a pic but the beef fillet was super tough, rubbery, and chewy. Definitely way overcooked and tasted like chewing on leather. Should've pre-ordered the chicken, they ran out by the time they took my order.
Do you remember the name of it though? There are a lot of different beef dishes going and coming so it's always useful to know which are good/bad for others who want to know what to pre-order... or not!
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by AB Dada

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Except for the blueberry with savory, it actually sounds pretty tasty!
I ended up Same-Day Confirming to an earlier flight DCA-MIA today and had that breakfast. I actually really enjoyed it. Everything was very tasty! The other option was about the same fruit but with yogurt and granola. This one came with a bagel instead of biscuits. The flight attendant said "the bagels are ice cold so I'm heating them in the oven." The warm bagel was great with the ham and egg salad on it!

BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:42 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Do you remember the name of it though? There are a lot of different beef dishes going and coming so it's always useful to know which are good/bad for others who want to know what to pre-order... or not!
99% sure it was just listed as Beef Fillet or Fillet of Beef on the menu. It had some sort of mushrooms/sauce on it
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Very pleased with my experience in F flying YYZ DFW although the menu I reserved was completely changed by the time my flight left. What I had was still pretty good and made my usual airline, United, seem like Easyjet in comparison

yyzflyer likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:00 am

LAX-MIA in Flagship business yesterday on the 789. No photos (sorry) but lunch started with the burrata with grilled aubergine (eggplant), sundried tomato and a weird single olive. and single lettuce leave and single basil leaf. Still quite good. Pesto served separately good but very garlicky so beware if you are planning to kiss the love of your l upon arrival!

I had preordered the main shortrib with cheddar grits, baby marrows and beer sauce. Quite good though short rib was surprisingly a bit tough (as if it had cooked too strongly and not long enough).

Dessert was the sundae, always nice.

There were 3-4 FAs serving the cabin which seemed like a lot! The purser was excellent, He was quite old school in his approach but attentive and professional. The others were running around like headless chicken (I asked three consecutive times for a glass of sparkling water which never came).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.