Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As you pointed out, it's a regional jet without ovens on a 3 hour flight. What were you served before? Cold turkey sandwiches with a slice of government cheese when there was a mask requirement? To put it in context, I'd take that small but decent quantity snack box over a large awful sandwich.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:13 pm

Newbie here. What happens if I don't reserve a meal? Will I still be able to pick from the same options on flight and just not get it if it's not available? Do they have any other options on flight now shown on aa.com? I only see 3 options besides the special dietary request. Wondering if they'll have something my kids will like or if this is it lol. Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by sarrisa

Newbie here. What happens if I don't reserve a meal? Will I still be able to pick from the same options on flight and just not get it if it's not available? Do they have any other options on flight now shown on aa.com? I only see 3 options besides the special dietary request. Wondering if they'll have something my kids will like or if this is it lol. Thanks.
"this is it"

You will only have less choices on board, not more.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
First time seeing this rebranded charcuterie plate. I guess it gets pesto now too. Will report back tomorrow.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by beachfan
anyone know re koa-lax?
AA58 KOA-LAX 1517-2243 A321N

No PDB

In spite of the flight being coded as Refreshment only, dinner was served. No pre-ordering was available.

Choice of:
  • Round Lasagna
  • Chicken with Potatoes
Each meal served with small salad, carrot appetizer (three tiny pieces of carrot with sauce), roll and chocolate brownie.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SCChris

No PDB

In spite of the flight being coded as Refreshment only, dinner was served. No pre-ordering was available.

Choice of:
  • Round Lasagna
  • Chicken with Potatoes
Each meal served with small salad, carrot appetizer (three tiny pieces of carrot with sauce), roll and chocolate brownie.

I believe that AA does not have a catering arrangement at KOA. So, perishable meals must be double-catered on same-day turnaround inbound aircraft, OR the catering must be shelf-stable if double-catered the day before on RON aircraft for morning departures out of KOA.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by SCChris

No PDB

Choice of:
  • Round Lasagna
  • Chicken with Potatoes
"Round" lasagna?!
zeer0 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
As promised, here is the newly enhanced charcuterie plate. Summary is they took away the salami and added 1 more mozzarella along with some pesto and arugula.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
As someone who doesn't like prosciutto, this is disappointing. I do like pesto though.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by keyw
As promised, here is the newly enhanced charcuterie plate. Summary is they took away the salami and added 1 more mozzarella along with some pesto and arugula.
So glad I passed on a $150 and $250 buy-up offer on some upcoming mid-cons. For me at least, the meal offering adds no value to the upgrade.

If I could get the upgrades for free, great, but to pay for that crap, I'll pass and just make do with MCE and F&B at the FL and ACs.
TWA884 and FlyFreakquently like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I believe that AA does not have a catering arrangement at KOA. So, perishable meals must be double-catered on same-day turnaround inbound aircraft, OR the catering must be shelf-stable if double-catered the day before on RON aircraft for morning departures out of KOA.
This presents an interesting contrast to UA. I remember years ago AA was serving thin watery gruel in F on flights out of LIH. Because they double-catered shelf-stable junk (like the aforementioned instant soup) on the inbound from LAX.

UA, on the other hand, contracted with a local restaurant to cater its flights out of LIH with proper meals in F.

Catering is available at KOA if AA wants to pay for it.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I have a choice of short ribs with guajillo sauce and mashed potatoes or stuffed zucchini with grilled oyster mushrooms, jasmine rice and tomato salsa. Has anyone tried either?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I have a choice of short ribs with guajillo sauce and mashed potatoes or stuffed zucchini with grilled oyster mushrooms, jasmine rice and tomato salsa. Has anyone tried either?
Had the short ribs last week. A decent airline meal. Would order again. Have not tried the stuffed zucchini.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:18 pm
Original Member

Pre-ordered at the u/g window an AVML for the evening flight Wednesday PHX-DTW. Frank, (who was a really good F/A--worked the entire flight), came up to me as he was taking orders and asked if I knew what I ordered, then oddly, at the time, asked if I knew what it looked like. From the info here, thought it was rice/dahl/chickpeas with hummus and pita and baklava, so related that to him. He truly sounded mystified, and came back a bit later apologetic and said "I don't think I've got this one, but I do have the grain bowl. Would you also like the salmon on it?" So I ended up with the grain bowl, hummus duo with endive dippers, and a piece of warmed salmon. Quite delicious, actually...only way it could have been improved would have been a wedge of lemon. He brought around sorbet or fruit/cheese for dessert at the end of the flight. He was constantly in motion--really a great f/a.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AA2205 LAX-HNL
Nov. 18, 2022
Dinner

Sparkling wine and warm nuts. That's the last of the drink service!

Golden roast chicken, salad and hummus appetizer, plus pretzel roll. The hummus was sadly forgettable.

Ice cream sundae. Almost impossible to mess up!

Sorry to say this was not a very good meal. On paper it looks fine, and the photo makes it loo appetizing enough. I pre-ordered the "Golden Roasted Chicken," which reminded me a lot of a "healthy" hospital meal. Very bland chicken, but a bit on the rubbery side with no real taste. The green beans were probably the best part of the meal. Other choices were short ribs or a grain bowl. The short ribs ran out by row two as the flight attendant went back to front. Rolls from the basket were distributed - the pretzel roll was quite good.

The sundae was also OK, but my requested whipped cream and nuts never arrived.

Lights were turned on while meal orders were taken, then extinguished for the rest of the flight. Service following the meal was nada. No drinks, snack basket or anything. The crew just disappeared. Certainly not a premium feel on this particular flight.

I have higher hopes for AA102 HNL-DFW tonight. Pre-ordered the beef filet, and at least the flat bed will be a treat.

Last edited by Kurt; Nov 19, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.