Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
If I'm flying Flagship First transcontinental, would I be able to guest someone into FFD or the FL? The T&Cs of the FL and the general text on the site are conflicting.
No, I don't believe so. You're not entitled to guest someone into the Flagship Lounge if flying Flagship F domestically (transcontinental). Also, the page that specifically addresses FFD access (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp) also says no guests permitted if flying domestically.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
No, I don't believe so. You're not entitled to guest someone into the Flagship Lounge if flying Flagship F domestically (transcontinental). Also, the page that specifically addresses FFD access (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp) also says no guests permitted if flying domestically.

-FlyerBeek
What if I am also an EXP? Is international treated differently?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
What if I am also an EXP? Is international treated differently?
Yes, internationally is treated differently. If flying in Flagship F international, you're entitled to 1 guest into both the Flagship Lounge and FFD.

If you're not in Flagship F, then you still can guest someone into the Flagship Lounge as an EXP (or even PlatPro/Plat), but you won't receive FFD access.

Flagship Lounge access policies are spelled out here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:20 am

Dragon at LAX Ac in T4 said that flagship lounge will reopen on Jan 26. Has this been confirmed ?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
FlyerBeek - what happens if you're traveling F from (say) LAX? Is there any efforts made to accomodate something - or just Admirals access?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
FlyerBeek - what happens if you're traveling F from (say) LAX? Is there any efforts made to accomodate something - or just Admirals access?
? F on AA? As of now, just AC access until FL reopens.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I was told end of January for FL re-opening at LAX.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
? F on AA? As of now, just AC access until FL reopens.
Yes, interesting!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
Originally Posted by gateH15
Dragon at LAX Ac in T4 said that flagship lounge will reopen on Jan 26. Has this been confirmed ?
Am I correct that the physical space of the FL is already being used (an an AC), so the Jan 26th opening would just be an improvement in amenities? In other words, the only physical space that would be newly re-opening would perhaps be FFD?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
Am I correct that the physical space of the FL is already being used (an an AC), so the Jan 26th opening would just be an improvement in amenities? In other words, the only physical space that would be newly re-opening would perhaps be FFD?
Yes, and certainly an improvement in amenities. The FL side would be shut off except to those who have been granted FL access and, presumably, the FFD dining room would be opened.

Anyone know if the T5 club is there to handle the compressed AC crowd?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Yes, and certainly an improvement in amenities. The FL side would be shut off except to those who have been granted FL access and, presumably, the FFD dining room would be opened.

ACs at 4 and 5 have both been open for some time.
Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
ACs at 4 and 5 have both been open for some time.
Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022
Yah, was aware of the T4 AC and the T6 Alaska Club which was my go to in 2020. Didnt know if T5 was open or not. They're doing a lot of terminal upgrades on T4 and about of the T4 gates are out of action. AA is using, the Eagle's Nest, T5, T5, TBIT, and the new Mid-field terminal. What a mess.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer

Is flagship dining at LAX expected to reopen at LAX on the 26th as well?

Does anyone know the LAX hours?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
History has shown at least 2 days after the main Flagship Lounge opens. If by some miracle FL opens on January 26th, the 28th will most likely be the first open date for FFD.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
The Qantas lounge is now open at LAX for those who qualify, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.