Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by King1028
At JFK dining now. Fully stocked (no JWB but it isn’t on the menu now either). Servers indicating that new menu is coming out next week. I know AA pushes the “famous” chefs for flagship but the staff indicated that the local chef (i.e. the person who cooks everyday) is designing the menu.

Also, Andy Cohen just rolled through — order Diet Coke and the chicken (still recovering from New Years). Sat in the “bar area” and went on a loud zoom call for 45 minutes. Mostly rambling about tomorrow’s capital anniversary. PLEASE NO POLITICAL RESPONSES TO THIS POST
Should’ve asked him what got him that drunk on New Years because whatever he had we all deserve
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Closed today does not mean closed tomorrow.
Please re-read my post. I meant that the agent indicated it had -not- been recently closed. I didn’t mean only on the day I was there.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi Guys,

First Dining in LAX Terminal 4 was closed on 4 January - as was about 4 other lounges in TBIT!

Does anyone know if First Dining in LAX has been open at all?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by jcatman

Any chance you checked the temperature of the hot water at the showers in the Flagship Lounge?
Shower temp (first shower on the left after the door) was just right for me a few days ago.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
Hi Guys,

First Dining in LAX Terminal 4 was closed on 4 January - as was about 4 other lounges in TBIT!

Does anyone know if First Dining in LAX has been open at all?
Take a read through this thread, the LAX FL and Flagship Dining has still not re-opened. There are mixed reports with projected opening dates varying from "early 2022" to the "end of January" depending on which employee you talk to.

The LAX oneworld Business Lounge in TBIT is back open though as of mid December.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Take a read through this thread, the LAX FL and Flagship Dining has still not re-opened. There are mixed reports with projected opening dates varying from "early 2022" to the "end of January" depending on which employee you talk to.

The LAX oneworld Business Lounge in TBIT is back open though as of mid December.

Oneworld Business Lounge was closed on 12/25 when I passed through. Not sure if it was because it was xmas or just closed again.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There a post over on the oneworld forum that the lounge is closed until further notice due to "plumbing issues".

Originally Posted by King1028
LAX OW business lounge is closed today. Apparently they have plumbing issues. I event checked the Qantas website before heading to the airport and it said open. Very frustrating as I came a few hours early to stop by the lounge.

Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, I was there on January 4 - OneWorld, Qantas, Centurion were all closed!

My Plan B was to go to the KAL Lounge - but they don't accept Priority Passes any more!

Star Alliance was accepting OneWorld passengers (BA at least).......didn't realise this as I had connected! So in the end went to Admirals Club T4, and moved to T5 as it was pretty busy.

At least I got my 10,000 steps in!
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I posted this in a Help get email alerts thread but does anyone here know how to get email alerts again? I have Unsubscribed then resubscribed 3 x now and nothing. AA and FL/FFD is my fav thread but I am so behind from not getting any alerts. I am not getting any alerts from any thread for 3 weeks. I am wondering are the powers that be at FT upset b/c I have been thrashing AA for their joke of a catering lately haha. I cant figure out how to get the alerts back. Help please. Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
This afternoon, while at lunch when I mentioned my looking forward to my first time at Flagship Dining in a few days, my cousin, who flew from LHR to LAX via JFK in F, said that Flagship Dining was closed at JFK on Tueday Jan 4, around 1PM when he was there. It was also closed at LAX yesterday prior to his flight at 11AM.

The Flagship Lounge person at JFK told him it was because of being understaffed. He didn't bother to ask at LAX.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by knit-in
This afternoon, while at lunch when I mentioned my looking forward to my first time at Flagship Dining in a few days, my cousin, who flew from LHR to LAX via JFK in F, said that Flagship Dining was closed at JFK on Tueday Jan 4, around 1PM when he was there. It was also closed at LAX yesterday prior to his flight at 11AM.

The Flagship Lounge person at JFK told him it was because of being understaffed. He didn't bother to ask at LAX.
LAX FL has not reopened and so Dining also remains closed. The LAX Flagship Lounge itself is being used to provide more capacity for the
AC. Read back the last few pages for a number of reports.
knit-in, TWA884 and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
LAX FL has not reopened and so Dining also remains closed. The LAX Flagship Lounge itself is being used to provide more capacity for the
AC. Read back the last few pages for a number of reports.
Yeah, went back and read after posting. LAX is clear. My concern was JFK though, which is where I am supposed to fly out of.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I'm expecting LAX to open on Jan 25, as reported upthread. If we say it enough, we can convince ourselves it's true.
la2clt and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat
ORD L Gates AC agent said FL here might reopen sometime in February.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:10 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flying out of JFK Friday, hope FFD is open for lunch
knit-in and GrumpyYoungMan like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.