Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Hey Everyone!!! FFD is great! I am here right now! As usually I fly 1st from Europe/Asia, would it be ok/expect to tip the waiters here? Sorry, but trying not to be pedhantic/bothersome
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by f-mouse
Obviously things got stopped during the worst of the pandemic in 2020…

Is there any news on when or if the Philadelphia Flagship Lounge will finally be completed and open?
Hah. They managed to sit on their hands before COVID, I'd be shocked if anything happens any time soon.

Par for the course for the worst of AA's hubs.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by BRflyer
Hey Everyone!!! FFD is great! I am here right now! As usually I fly 1st from Europe/Asia, would it be ok/expect to tip the waiters here? Sorry, but trying not to be pedhantic/bothersome
Personal choice. The ffd menu specifically says gratuities are not expected, but I suspect many still do leave something. Personally I do but just do what you feel comfortable with.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by BRflyer
It's definitely okay to tip in FFD. Pre-COVID they used to leave a mini-clipboard with a thank you note attached at the end of your meal. I always received the impression this was done to encourage tipping. Personally, I'll usually tip $20 if I'm having a full meal.

-FlyerBeek
jhalapin and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dave_261
Personal choice. The ffd menu specifically says gratuities are not expected, but I suspect many still do leave something. Personally I do but just do what you feel comfortable with.
I think tipping is fine but not mandatory. I've done it the couple of times I've been in FFD.

Happy trails!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Question- is proof of vaccination required to enter Flagship First Dining in JFK (or the FL lounge), or in LAX Admirals Club? Only curious because I know it is required if you want to use the M Club at the LAX Marriott. Haven't traveled through JFK or LAX since Covid but have some upcoming trips, want to be prepared...
Old Jan 16, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by ACA321
Question- is proof of vaccination required to enter Flagship First Dining in JFK (or the FL lounge), or in LAX Admirals Club? Only curious because I know it is required if you want to use the M Club at the LAX Marriott. Haven't traveled through JFK or LAX since Covid but have some upcoming trips, want to be prepared...
Not for JFK. Unsure about what's going on in CA.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Vaccine card not required for LAX lounges I visited in early December 2021 (after the City of Los Angeles began enforcing this ordinance on November 29, 2021).
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:42 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
In terms of preparation, few venues in NY or CA are picky about what you show them as long as you show them something… a photo of a vax card on a phone or a digital vax card in a phone wallet suffices
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
ORD L Gates AC agent said FL here might reopen sometime in February.
Terrific news. Even without FFD, I think it’s the best in the system - especially in terms of food and service.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Trippelone
This is correct. To access the Qantas OW business class lounge you need proof of vaccination and your passport is verified as well. It is the only lounge at LAX TBIT which requires this. Not required at United lounge nor at Delta Skylounge either.
By law - Los Angeles City Ordinance 187219 - proof of vaccination is required to enter any facility in the city of Los Angeles where food or beverages are served, including, but not limited to, restaurants, bars, fast food establishments, coffee shops, tasting rooms, cafeterias, food courts, breweries, wineries, distilleries, banquet halls, and hotel ballrooms.

Whether this ordinance is enforced at all the airline lounges at LAX is a different story.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Trippelone
This is correct. To access the Qantas OW business class lounge you need proof of vaccination and your passport is verified as well. It is the only lounge at LAX TBIT which requires this. Not required at United lounge nor at Delta Skylounge either.
Why would the LAX TBIT lounge need to "verify" your Passport? Is that something new? Some passengers flying domestic should be allowed access and they would not be carrying a Passport.

The LAX ordinance requires the eating establishment to confirm the name on your vaccination card matches your photo ID (although many LAX hotels are not performing the photo ID cross check).
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jcatman
Why would the LAX TBIT lounge need to "verify" your Passport? Is that something new? Some passengers flying domestic should be allowed access and they would not be carrying a Passport. ...
Probably something lost in translation.

The Australian International vaccination certificate is linked to your passport - No passport, no Australian Vaxx certificate. The lounge is operated by Qantas.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I did LAX's Admirals Club in Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 - and also Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT in first week of January 2022.

Nobody asked for anything other than my Boarding Pass and the usuals. That said, OneWorld and Qantas were closed due to plumming issues - hence ending up in Star Alliance....which was a treat!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
If I'm flying Flagship First transcontinental, would I be able to guest someone into FFD or the FL? The T&Cs of the FL and the general text on the site are conflicting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.