Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Leon1980
Any update or confirmation LAX flagship lounge will open tomorrow (Jan 26)?
What are the odds in Vegas? Nothing on oneworld-lounges or aa flagship page.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Leon1980
Any update or confirmation LAX flagship lounge will open tomorrow (Jan 26)?
Given my experience Saturday and a couple of other reports since, they have not been using the Flagship space at T4 in recent days, blocking it off. I suspect this is to allow them to ensure it is in Flagship mode when it (hopefully) opens this week.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP AY+ Plat UA Silver Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by redtop43
"Trip Report" - got to MIA FL around 11:00. They were serving lunch. FFD didn't open until 1:00 and my flight was at 1:35 but I ran into someone in LAX who said he did go in for lunch, apparently got in and out in 10 minutes, and said he was the last one on our flight. LAX FL is still closed, and I tried the Quantas and OneWorld lounges in Terminal B, Quantas was closed and OneWorld my Flagship First ticket wasn't enough; I had to be connecting internationally. So I'm in the Terminal 4 AC, which is pretty empty. A little annoying that with a "qualifying" flight for FFD at 1:35 they can't open at, say, 12:30.

My next trip on this itin is mid-March, we'll see what happens then.
I am surprised you were turned away at the OW lounge. You should have access (international travel is not a pre-requisite) as you were on a qualifying itinerary for all Emerald and Sapphire lounges. Pre pandemic, as an EP (not that it should matter), I would always head over to the Qantas First class lounge when I was in domestic transcon business and had no problems with access. I even popped over to the OW lounge a few times as well for "fun". Did they scan your pass or just deny you when looking at it? Next time I would be more persistent and ask them to scan the pass.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by King1028
I am surprised you were turned away at the OW lounge. You should have access (international travel is not a pre-requisite) as you were on a qualifying itinerary for all Emerald and Sapphire lounges. Pre pandemic, as an EP (not that it should matter), I would always head over to the Qantas First class lounge when I was in domestic transcon business and had no problems with access. I even popped over to the OW lounge a few times as well for "fun". Did they scan your pass or just deny you when looking at it? Next time I would be more persistent and ask them to scan the pass.
That is interesting that you were granted access, because pre-pandemic, the official policy for entry into the QF F lounge at LAX did not allow for EXPs on domestic itineraries at all to be admitted based on status. You had to be in F on a 3-class transcon in order to be admitted. Even then, the QF lounge agents would often deny entry. There was no provision for status-based entry for EXPs on domestic itineraries, transcon or not.

Same with the OW lounge, except you had to be traveling in J on a 3-class transcon, and no status-based entry for AA elites on any domestic itineraries.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe redtop43 may have been travelling Flagship MIA-LAX.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp

Pre-Pandemic, King1028 would have been eligible to access the oneworld Business lounge based on "Domestic transcon business", but not the Qantas First Lounge. I suspect confusion as is often the case.
jerry a. laska and DMPHL like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by PTahCha
I believe only Flagship Lounge is reopening at LAX, not FFD. Probably due to the vaccination requirement for indoor dining.
Thanks. I suspect you're probably right. For some reason I assumed LAX FFD dining would just open a few days after the FL reopened (similar to JFK/MIA), but now that I look I cannot find any announcement regarding FFD reopening.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
Given my experience Saturday and a couple of other reports since, they have not been using the Flagship space at T4 in recent days, blocking it off. I suspect this is to allow them to ensure it is in Flagship mode when it (hopefully) opens this week.
The Flagship Lounge at LAX T4 will open tomorrow. I asked about the area which had been in use as the AC and, yes, it had been closed off for the last few days to get it ready. (For Flagship version 2022 I presume.)

I had time so took a stroll to the AS lounge at T6 for a complimentary IPA. (As a beer, Bud Light isn't!)
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Flagship Lounge at LAX T4 will open tomorrow. I asked about the area which had been in use as the AC and, yes, it had been closed off for the last few days to get it ready. (For Flagship version 2022 I presume.)

I had time so took a stroll to the AS lounge at T6 for a complimentary IPA. (As a beer, Bud Light isn't!)
FWIW, this is not Flagship related, but I'm at the *O lounge and asked about Qantas First lounge reopening.

They indicated, and to paraphrase "hoping for March".
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by RobertClouse
What are the odds in Vegas?
Rather lousy...
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:24 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Pre-Pandemic, King1028 would have been eligible to access the oneworld Business lounge based on "Domestic transcon business", but not the Qantas First Lounge. I suspect confusion as is often the case.
Or if still an AY Plat, access either as a non-AA oneworld Emerald.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by VFR
Or if still an AY Plat, access either as a non-AA oneworld Emerald.
Would have been able to access the QANTAS First Lounge as an AY Plat.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT. Marriott Lifetime Gold
Any further news on DFW FFD? Rumors' a week or so ago staff were being hired.

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It is official! LAX FL is open 4:30a - 1a daily as of today:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

Nothing yet for LAX FFD.

DFW (FL + FFD) & ORD (FL) also remain without a specific timeline.
Global321, Visconti and jamabam like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by contrailsurfer
It is official! LAX FL is open 4:30a - 1a daily as of today:
About time!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:55 am
Suspended

Thoughts in MIA (without FFD access, just FL) whether the FL or AMEX Centurion is better for pre-red eye drinks and dinner?

Also assuming FFD access not for sale at the moment?

Last edited by KSVVZ2015; Jan 26, 2022 at 12:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.