Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 21, 22, 8:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: arabiamark
Wiki Link
Airline will welcome back customers with new menus inspired by chefs from the James Beard Foundation (link)
  • Flagship Lounges will begin reopening in September.
  • American collaborates with James Beard Foundation and awe-inspiring local chefs on regionally inspired menu items.
  • Customers traveling to Hawaii in Flagship First and Flagship Business will be able to access the Flagship experience.

Reopening schedule:

• John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) Terminal 8
    • Flagship Lounge: 14 Sept, 2021
    • Flagship First Dining: 16 Sept, 2021
  • Miami International Airport (MIA) Concourse D
    • Flagship Lounge: 28 Sept, 2021
    • Flagship First Dining: 30 Sept, 2021
  • Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Terminal 4
    • Flagship Lounge: 26 Jan, 2022
    • Flagship First Dining: Closed - TBD
  • Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) Terminal D
    • Flagship Lounge: 2 Mar, 2022
    • Flagship First Dining: 3 Mar, 2022
  • Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 3
    • Flagship Lounge 21 April, 2022
    • No Flagship First Dining at ORD.
The Philadelphia (PHL) lounge is under construction with a "coming soon" note on aa.com.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 12, 21, 12:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

The Points Guy, Wednesday, June 9, 2021, in part: <link>

The airline (AA) will begin reopening its premium Flagship Lounges in September, the airline confirmed to TPG on Wednesday. The first location to welcome back flyers will be Miami (MIA), followed by the airlines four other outposts later throughout Fall 2021. The move follows a nearly 18-month closure after AA first shuttered the entire premium lounge network on March 20, 2020.

The carrier also teased some exciting updates to its Flagship Lounge access policy, with an announcement slated for later this summer.

In addition to its Flagship Lounges, the airline will also reopen its Flagship First Dining locations. These outposts are essentially a lounge-within-a-lounge, offering a seated restaurant-style dining experience with Krug champagne available, before the pandemic to those ticketed in long-haul or premium transcon first class on AAs three-cabin jets.

AA operates five Flagship Lounges, four of which also feature a Flagship First Dining facility. Youll find the full directory below:
  • Chicago (ORD) reopening later this Fall, and this outpost doesnt offer Flagship First Dining
  • Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) reopening later this Fall
  • Los Angeles (LAX) reopening later this Fall (but Flagship First Dining will remain closed)
  • Miami (MIA) reopening in September
  • New York-JFK reopening later this Fall
The Flagship First Dining facility in Miami will open along with the larger Flagship Lounge in September, followed by the outposts in DFW and JFK later this fall. Theres no reopening timeline yet for the Flagship First Dining facility in LAX.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 12, 21 at 12:38 pm
Old Jun 12, 21, 12:33 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Take your time, take your time....
Old Jun 12, 21, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Excellent news. The MIA D30 AC has been using part of it the last few months as an overflow lounge for the AC with much of it being cordoned off.
Old Jun 12, 21, 12:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Take your time, take your time....
Keeping dollars close to the vest and summer hoi polloi out? Or waiting to see if they can negotiate something with Qantas for the oneworld lounges at LAX? I know Id rather dine at Qantas First Lounge at LAX than the LAX FFD.
Old Jun 13, 21, 10:47 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Keeping dollars close to the vest and summer hoi polloi out? Or waiting to see if they can negotiate something with Qantas for the oneworld lounges at LAX? I know Id rather dine at Qantas First Lounge at LAX than the LAX FFD.
LAX traffic is down to 80%, and international is floundering. Same with SFO, which is even worse right now. Qantas isn't operating until Christmas at the earliest, they just wiped their schedule for the third time.
Old Jun 14, 21, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Interesting that there was no mention of the (supposed) FL in PHL. You would think that with all of the downturn in travel this past year, they could have accelerated the completion of that project. Very interesting.
Old Jun 14, 21, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Fanjet View Post
Interesting that there was no mention of the (supposed) FL in PHL. You would think that with all of the downturn in travel this past year, they could have accelerated the completion of that project. Very interesting.
Doesn't surprise me at all, I can't imagine AA spending another dime on the PHL FL (especially during the past year's downturn) without being somewhat certain that the PHL international and especially TATL schedule will get back to pre-covid levels.
GlobalMatt and LovePrunes like this.
Old Jun 14, 21, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
“Later this fall”

give me a break cheAAp airline. That’s months away. What a joke.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Jun 14, 21, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
“Later this fall”

give me a break cheAAp airline. That’s months away. What a joke.
Just like how BOB and Alcohol were returning "later this summer" to Y.

Hoping QF decides to open their LAX lounge and gain some revenue from all the other airlines that will start flying again to LAX. With the closing of CL, Qantas Lounge and FL, going to be fun spending time in the AS lounge eating soup instead of squid.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 14, 21, 9:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
Just like how BOB and Alcohol were returning "later this summer" to Y.

Hoping QF decides to open their LAX lounge and gain some revenue from all the other airlines that will start flying again to LAX. With the closing of CL, Qantas Lounge and FL, going to be fun spending time in the AS lounge eating soup instead of squid.
Heard that Qantas was resuming international flights starting Christmas this year, so that might lead to opening lounges before the year ending.

I agree lol. These companies will use an excuse to cut costs as much as possible. Like, AA removed one olive on first class salads and saved ~$40000 that year.
Old Jun 15, 21, 5:29 am

It would be nice to get an AA credit for all of my summer Flagship international flights with no lounge access.
Old Jun 15, 21, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MsEllie View Post
It would be nice to get an AA credit for all of my summer Flagship international flights with no lounge access.
at the very least bring back premium drink chits. I shouldn't have to pay $8 for a Stella Artois at the Admirals Club when flying J and/or EXP on International routes.

CheAApness is a diseAAse.
Old Jun 15, 21, 11:54 am

Programs: AA PPro, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Later this fall

give me a break cheAAp airline. Thats months away. What a joke.
at the very least bring back premium drink chits. I shouldn't have to pay $8 for a Stella Artois at the Admirals Club when flying J and/or EXP on International routes.

CheAApness is a diseAAse.
And yet, as you always have, you keep right on given them your money, almost like clockwork. That being the case, what do you suppose AA's motivation should be to change their behavior, since clearly you haven't changed yours, even in the face of drastically reduced service levels?

Regards
jcf27, asnovici and bhomburg like this.
Old Jun 15, 21, 12:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
MrsDallas49er and I are in F LAX-LHR and onto CDG in July, and back in F in August.

Expectations officially lowered. Qantas lounge was the best!
Old Jun 16, 21, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Doesn't surprise me at all, I can't imagine AA spending another dime on the PHL FL (especially during the past year's downturn) without being somewhat certain that the PHL international and especially TATL schedule will get back to pre-covid levels.
I agree with you that AA shouldn't spend a dime on operating the FL at PHL until they have more than just a few flights per day. And which probably won't be until Q2 of next year. But I was more questioning the actual existence of the FL at PHL. Is the construction project completed? Because all of the other airports' FL expansions/new builds were done long before Covid hit. And AA has gone ahead with other construction projects elsewhere during Covid.

Search this Thread