Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
FlyerBeek - what happens if you're traveling F from (say) LAX? Is there any efforts made to accomodate something - or just Admirals access?
Just regular AC access. Not even any drink chits (which I always thought would be an easy goodwill gesture to pax otherwise entitled to FL/FFD access).

-FlyerBeek
Neil Scrivener likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
The Qantas lounge is now open at LAX for those who qualify, right?
The QF biz lounge is indeed open. Proof of vax required.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
In terms of the LAX FL lounge reopening later this month, that is certainly my understanding too. Last time I was in the AC at LAX T4 (admittedly last month) I spoke with the F&B Manager and she confirmed that they had all the necessary staff hired and trained, that the menu was in place, and they were definitely reopening in January with the exact date to be confirmed by AA. It was actually nice to get some positive news. I had given up asking the AA staff if they had any news as I was fed up with all the usual excuses. The fact that they have been using the FL space as overflow for the AC implies - to my mind at least - that there is the demand. The other usual excuse was a lack of international flights. It will be good to get back to something other than cheese cubes etc.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Geordie405
In terms of the LAX FL lounge reopening later this month, that is certainly my understanding too. Last time I was in the AC at LAX T4 (admittedly last month) I spoke with the F&B Manager and she confirmed that they had all the necessary staff hired and trained, that the menu was in place, and they were definitely reopening in January with the exact date to be confirmed by AA. It was actually nice to get some positive news. I had given up asking the AA staff if they had any news as I was fed up with all the usual excuses. The fact that they have been using the FL space as overflow for the AC implies - to my mind at least - that there is the demand. The other usual excuse was a lack of international flights. It will be good to get back to something other than cheese cubes etc.
The AC offerings are, to put it lightly, pathetic. I understand it's not supposed to be a premium experience, but I'm not sure how your replacement for the FL is build your own mezze and spinach dip with stale pita. At least give your Flagship pax food and drink credit
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
The AC offerings are, to put it lightly, pathetic. I understand it's not supposed to be a premium experience, but I'm not sure how your replacement for the FL is build your own mezze and spinach dip with stale pita. At least give your Flagship pax food and drink credit
That is indeed putting it mildly. Even if they'd gone back to the old routine of a couple of premium drinks chits that would have been better than nothing. It will be good to see what the new menu is like in the FL once it re-opens, and I will need to give the Qantas lounge in TBIT a visit as well. Shame it's just the business lounge and not the First one. Beggars can't be choosers though
work2fly likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by work2fly
That a Los Angeles city law. For indoor dining, must show proof of vaccination and an ID to show it's your proof (because no one, of course, has a fake CDC card . . .).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:15 pm
NPZ

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by work2fly
two things- will a photo of vac card work and what does one need to qualify?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I am flying through LAX on Monday Jan 24, arriving from MIA on a Flagship First ticket. I do not have an AC membership but I do have Amex Plat/Priority Pass. I may have up to 5 hours to kill before my connection.

I purposely waited until very close to the fight date - what are my best lounge options? From what I've read so far, FL will not be open by then, but I would get access to QF? Is that in the TBIT? AC is in Terminal 4, right? Where is FL, if indeed it were open?

The only lounge I've been to in LAX at all is Alaska, which is not all that thrilling and hardly worth the walk IMO.

I have had all three vaccination shots. (Gees, I sound like a golden retriever!)
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Just regular AC access. Not even any drink chits (which I always thought would be an easy goodwill gesture to pax otherwise entitled to FL/FFD access).

-FlyerBeek
FlyerBeek - thanks. You'd think you may give chits for the paid food menu or something!
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by redtop43
I am flying through LAX on Monday Jan 24, arriving from MIA on a Flagship First ticket. I do not have an AC membership but I do have Amex Plat/Priority Pass. I may have up to 5 hours to kill before my connection.

I purposely waited until very close to the fight date - what are my best lounge options? From what I've read so far, FL will not be open by then, but I would get access to QF? Is that in the TBIT? AC is in Terminal 4, right? Where is FL, if indeed it were open?

The only lounge I've been to in LAX at all is Alaska, which is not all that thrilling and hardly worth the walk IMO.

I have had all three vaccination shots. (Gees, I sound like a golden retriever!)
The Flagship Lounge is located in T4. You can't miss it. Once you clear security, there will be a long hallway and it's about 1/3rd of the way down the hallway. The AC is to the right, the FL is to the left.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by redtop43

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
The Flagship Lounge is located in T4. You can't miss it. Once you clear security, there will be a long hallway and it's about 1/3rd of the way down the hallway. The AC is to the right, the FL is to the left.
FL is closed QR I dont know if you would be get in but I believe they are closed too. Admirals or a little In-n-out adventure might be your options.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sounds like LAX FL is officially re-opening on the 26th:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/amer...gship-lounges/

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...gship-lounges/

No concrete timing (yet) for DFW & ORD or LAX FFD.
wrp96 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by contrailsurfer

I'm really hoping DFW FL and FFD open soon thereafter. I have a trip planned for March and would love to take advantage of the lounge and dining room during my layover.

After American missed their target reopening dates of Fall 2021, they've been pretty tight-lipped. It would be nice to get some kind of acknowledgement from them, even something as simple as "We've had to push back the reopening dates. More information to come."
contrailsurfer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Sounds like LAX FL is officially re-opening on the 26th…
Excellent. I am scheduled to be there on the 26th and will report back.
contrailsurfer and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold

🤦🏻‍♂️ why they are still keeping both of these closed is really strange and frustrating.
JIMCHI, wrp96 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.