Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ikwia
Wow...I would consider yourself very lucky!

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or have an idea of why he was given access?

As a CK flying true full-fare J when that was the highest cabin available on that route (e.g., to CDG) I have never been given FFD access.
I didn't realize there was a difference between gaining access to the Flagship Lounge and having private dining. I always have had access. Either that or the dragon found me appealing
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
I was given FFD on the following occasions (in 2019)

1. DFW-MEX in J
2. DFW-LHR in J
3. LHR-DFW in J
4. JFK-LHR in J
unless your a tier 1 "do not miss" concierge key who knows the staff very well at the lounges I find this very hard to believe. AA doesnt just let people in their lounges because their feeling nice.
allset2travel and Global321 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by donotblink
Bridge is closed an under renovations to make room for the new British Airways lounge.

noooo, is it gonna be gone forever? Did the staff give you details?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by General99
unless your a tier 1 "do not miss" concierge key who knows the staff very well at the lounges I find this very hard to believe. AA doesnt just let people in their lounges because their feeling nice.
Why would I lie? LOL. What are the requirements for flagship dining anyway?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:43 am
Suspended

Why would I lie? LOL. What are the requirements for flagship dining anyway?
the requirements are flagship first only and a few partner flights. In 2019 CK got 2 passes. Maybe you were flying flagship first? are you a CK who used your passes?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the requirements are flagship first only and a few partner flights. In 2019 CK got 2 passes. Maybe you were flying flagship first? are you a CK who used your passes?
Nope. Never flown flagship first. I'm only and EXP. I specifically remember going to MEX from DFW in early 2020 when the attendant walked me to the private room at the end of the club for private dining and handed me a menu. Same for JFK and LHR. LHR was around lunch time and I walked over to the right side of the lounge where the private dining was. I'm not making this up.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Nope. Never flown flagship first. I'm only and EXP. I specifically remember going to MEX from DFW in early 2020 when the attendant walked me to the private room at the end of the club for private dining and handed me a menu. Same for JFK and LHR. LHR was around lunch time and I walked over to the right side of the lounge where the private dining was. I'm not making this up.
There has never been Flagship Dining at LHR....
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
well that answers that one then. Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
well that answers that one then. Sounds like I just ate where I could order ala carte and this is separate from flagship dining. Sorry for the mis info.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
Bridge is closed an under renovations to make room for the new British Airways lounge....
noooo, is it gonna be gone forever? Did the staff give you details?
Are you sure about that? Seems like a very small footprint for BA.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just to let you know that I was in Chicago recently and the Admirals Club agents in ORD have told me that the Flagship Lounge reopening over there is delayed at least until late-fall.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I recall (pre pandemic) several times when I flew F (international, and TransCon Flagship F), at checked in to the lounge, agent would give me a paper Invitaion (sometime pre-printed; sometime hand written). Most times when I didn't feel like immediately dining, they would keep that Invite and save it when I was ready to eat. They would walk me inside the FFD restaurant. That's it.

When I traveled in J, I never received an Invite to dine FFD
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just to let you know that I was in Chicago recently and the Admirals Club agents in ORD have told me that the Flagship Lounge reopening over there is delayed at least until late-fall.
agents at ord said October was the plan, is that changed to November? maybe December? Bummer for the delay ord needs the flagship lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Global321
Are you sure about that? Seems like a very small footprint for BA.
Agreed it seems tiny, arent aa and ba in different terminals too? why do they need a lounge within the flagship louge?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:51 pm
Suspended

well that answers that one then. Thanks
are you able to access flagship lounges domestically?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.