Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
The times you were given access with No issues when you were Not departing on an international F flight were you arriving from one and connecting onto a domestic or flying domestic to catch the International F flight?
As OWE, I've accessed QF F lounge on a JL J arrival connecting to AA domestic F. No issues at all.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
As OWE, I've accessed QF F lounge on a JL J arrival connecting to AA domestic F. No issues at all.
Nice. Ya my issues both times were not status related. Just arriving or departing for the Int'l F. I am much more educated and prepared for the next time though. If that lounge ever opens of course.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:49 pm

Any chance someone can ask the Hours for FFD please. If possible to ask inside FFD to get a more accurate answer as to when the kitchen opens (8am i assume?) and more importantly when does it close?? Rather get the word from inside FFD than upfront lounge desk agents.

If someone can ask and report back that would be helpful. Trying to figure out timing of LAX arrival flights and making FFD.
Is the official AA.com answer good enough?
JFK – Terminal 8

On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.

Daily: 4:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
jcatman likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
The times you were given access with No issues when you were Not departing on an international F flight were you arriving from one and connecting onto a domestic or flying domestic to catch the International F flight? Just curious which of those 2 possible options you were in..
Both. Most of the time, it's been arriving on an international flight in AA J (typically TYO-LAX) and connecting to an AA domestic flight. Other times, it's been departing LAX domestically on AA with an international connection later in day (in DFW/JFK) on the same itinerary. Of course, absolutely no access issues either when departing LAX internationally on AA/CX/JL - which is fairly straightforward wrt access rules. I know I've read before the agents in this specific lounge can have a different interpretation of very clear (IMO) OW access rules - I've just never personally experienced that. In almost all the above instances, access was based on status and not simply on the basis of longhaul international first class travel.

Originally Posted by spanishflea
LPGS is on offer in the JFK FL today!
Wow! That's quite the upgrade from the usual (pre-COVID) NV Taittinger!

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Is the official AA.com answer good enough?
I dont know b/c the kitchen could close before 1030? Although more glaring is the 430am time, i thought it used to open at 8am or am I thinking of LA? I'd be shocked FFD is serving up sit down a la carte breakfast that early. .Thats cool though if those hours are for sure. I was looking at 9pm arrival from LA and just dont want any chance to miss out on dinner and bubbles at FFD, especially given the inflight experience will be a joke.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Both. Most of the time, it's been arriving on an international flight in AA J (typically TYO-LAX) and connecting to an AA domestic flight. Other times, it's been departing LAX domestically on AA with an international connection later in day (in DFW/JFK) on the same itinerary. Of course, absolutely no access issues either when departing LAX internationally on AA/CX/JL - which is fairly straightforward wrt access rules. I know I've read before the agents in this specific lounge can have a different interpretation of very clear (IMO) OW access rules - I've just never personally experienced that. In almost all the above instances, access was based on status and not simply on the basis of longhaul international first class travel.

Wow! That's quite the upgrade from the usual (pre-COVID) NV Taittinger!

-FlyerBeek
I know some ppl with AA status complained but the only issues I can speak to were being denied off of a connecting flight to or from an international F flight..

Def. wont let them push me around next time though. Much more informed from this site than a few years ago when I was there.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:22 am

I dont know b/c the kitchen could close before 1030? Although more glaring is the 430am time, i thought it used to open at 8am or am I thinking of LA? I'd be shocked FFD is serving up sit down a la carte breakfast that early. .Thats cool though if those hours are for sure. I was looking at 9pm arrival from LA and just dont want any chance to miss out on dinner and bubbles at FFD, especially given the inflight experience will be a joke.
There's a 6am flight to LAX, so the 4:30am opening makes sense. The FL itself closes at 11:15pm, so it also makes sense that they seat FFD until 10:30pm to give you time to order and eat.

Why do you say F inflight service on LAX-JFK is a joke? It's a decent hot meal. The only real differences now from pre-Covid are no PDB, meal service on one tray with plastic cups, and no sundaes. In any case, yes, you may be hungry again after arrival at JFK, and you should have no problem getting into FFD a little after 9pm.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
There's a 6am flight to LAX, so the 4:30am opening makes sense. The FL itself closes at 11:15pm, so it also makes sense that they seat FFD until 10:30pm to give you time to order and eat.

Why do you say F inflight service on LAX-JFK is a joke? It's a decent hot meal. The only real differences now from pre-Covid are no PDB, meal service on one tray with plastic cups, and no sundaes. In any case, yes, you may be hungry again after arrival at JFK, and you should have no problem getting into FFD a little after 9pm.
Thanks thats good to hear, I just felt 1030 sounded a bit late with reduced flights and also the 430am i had no idea FFD actually opened that early. I am near certain I arrived once on the earlier red eye at 6am and was shut out for 2 hours until I could enter FFD. But hey if those hours are accurate then great.

At any rate, I said its a Joke for the following reasons:

The cold chicken app is disgraceful. Its disgusting.
Seems like the food options include a grain bowl all the time and even an additional cold item making only 2 hot items total
No sundae cart (as you said)
No cheese course (very important to me)
No salad
No actual appetizer how it was before (see gross cold chicken above)
No bread basket (possibly the most important thing on this list)

When I said service I was merely talking food sorry should have clarified more. And you add to my list the no glassware and single tray and its even worse (the single tray drives me nuts, i want to eat coursed out but then again there isnt a decent app and salad so I guess it doesnt matter)

I think the new menu at FFD sounds awesome and I am so excited about that. Thinking maybe better to just fly out at 8am and not have any issues as far as being rushed at FFD.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:52 am

Thanks thats good to hear, I just felt 1030 sounded a bit late with reduced flights and also the 430am i had no idea FFD actually opened that early. I am near certain I arrived once on the earlier red eye at 6am and was shut out for 2 hours until I could enter FFD. But hey if those hours are accurate then great.

At any rate, I said its a Joke for the following reasons:

The cold chicken app is disgraceful. Its disgusting.
Seems like the food options include a grain bowl all the time and even an additional cold item making only 2 hot items total
No sundae cart (as you said)
No cheese course (very important to me)
No salad
No actual appetizer how it was before (see gross cold chicken above)
No bread basket (possibly the most important thing on this list)

When I said service I was merely talking food sorry should have clarified more. And you add to my list the no glassware and single tray and its even worse (the single tray drives me nuts, i want to eat coursed out but then again there isnt a decent app and salad so I guess it doesnt matter)

I think the new menu at FFD sounds awesome and I am so excited about that. Thinking maybe better to just fly out at 8am and not have any issues as far as being rushed at FFD.
I thought I had read that changes are coming soon including the return of sundaes. Of course, it could have been a dream.
roadtriper likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Cheese is very important to me.But not the cheese served by AA.

exception for catering out of LHR where they always include a proper cheddar.

And other than the fresh biscuits, every roll served on board was like a jai alai ball.

but I digress.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Cheese is very important to me.But not the cheese served by AA.

exception for catering out of LHR where they always include a proper cheddar.

And other than the fresh biscuits, every roll served on board was like a jai alai ball.

but I digress.
LOL @ jai alai ball!

i've used the trick where you slice the roll in half (while damaging your knife in the process) and placing it underneath the heated plate in an attempt to warm it up.
wrp96 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
I thought I had read that changes are coming soon including the return of sundaes. Of course, it could have been a dream.
Had the same dream the other day. Chocolate & caramel sauce sundae made at my seat.

Unless they bring glassware back I dont see how they can do a sundae.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Mexico City? FL access at MIA?

I posted this quick question in the NEWBIE section. This is a slight update after results were inconclusive.....

I booked a businees class trip to MEX yesterday for mid-November. It seems there is a discrepancy in FL access rules regarding MEX. Main info page related to this, no longer lists MEX as FL accessible destination (Yes, I know there is not at FL at MEX - connecting through ORD and MIA) . However the footnotes still indicate it does (edit: MEX as a destination) receive access. I decided to purchase to lock in attractive price.

After receving responce in NEWBIE section, I started with AA chat pointing out conflicting info. Agent ultimately told me chat agents can't help and to reach out to CS and ask for supervisor. I sent email via website noting conflict, mentioned I had a dated screenshot of FL access rules saying yes to MEX (I do), indicated I purchased based partially on access info and asked them to honor the published information on their website at the time of booking.

Do I stand a change in hell they will honor? Should I call or just wait for email response? Any other suggestions (be kind)?

Thank you!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
I posted this quick question in the NEWBIE section. This is a slight update after results were inconclusive.....

I booked a businees class trip to MEX yesterday for mid-November. It seems there is a discrepancy in FL access rules regarding MEX. Main info page related to this, no longer lists MEX as FL accessible destination (Yes, I know there is not at FL at MEX - connecting through ORD and MIA) . However the footnotes still indicate it does (edit: MEX as a destination) receive access. I decided to purchase to lock in attractive price.

After receving responce in NEWBIE section, I started with AA chat pointing out conflicting info. Agent ultimately told me chat agents can't help and to reach out to CS and ask for supervisor. I sent email via website noting conflict, mentioned I had a dated screenshot of FL access rules saying yes to MEX (I do), indicated I purchased based partially on access info and asked them to honor the published information on their website at the time of booking.

Do I stand a change in hell they will honor? Should I call or just wait for email response? Any other suggestions (be kind)?

Thank you!

I didnt know there was conflicting info. I thought AA officially booted MEX from FL it just gets Admirals.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro

As of 4:30 something EST today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.