Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I"m EXP on a LAX-MIA in J in two weeks would that qualify for FFD? Thanks.
No. status has no bearing on FFD.

Access questions can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ep-2021-a.html
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
When I return from my upcoming trip, I arrive JFK at 9:48PM. I think I saw that FL is open until 10:30PM. Do I still have access as an arriving passenger? Can I use FFD, even though I might not get to the FFD until maybe 15-20 minutes before it closes? Also, I will be checking a bag; is there any way they would flag the bag so it doesn't sit on the carousel until I get down to bag claim? Or should I just forget the whole thing and go home, or maybe just stop in and grab a glass of champagne? (Not too many, as I am driving home after I leave the airport.)

On the departure at SFO I can use the Admiral's Club, right?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PPro
I"m EXP on a LAX-MIA in J in two weeks would that qualify for FFD? Thanks.
Sorry also meant to include that this is LAX-MIA- UIO itinerary all in J.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:58 am

Sorry also meant to include that this is LAX-MIA- UIO itinerary all in J.
FFD is only if you are flying Flagship First. Business class doesn't qualify. They have made this product quite difficult to access.

Also, from what I could tell from their website, only JFK has a Flagship Lounge that's open. If you're on an international J ticket, you can probably use the Admiral's Club.

Access

If you’re flying on American Airlines in Flagship® First on qualifying international or transcontinental flights, you automatically have access.*

Qualifying international flights

Flights between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • South America

Qualifying transcontinental flights

3-class non-stop flights between:

• New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
  • JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
  • JFK and Orange County (SNA) – traveling on A321T aircraft only
  • LAX and Boston (BOS) – traveling on A321T aircraft only
  • LAX and Miami (MIA) – traveling on Boeing 777-300 aircraft only
tfizzle likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by redtop43
When I return from my upcoming trip, I arrive JFK at 9:48PM. I think I saw that FL is open until 10:30PM. Do I still have access as an arriving passenger? Can I use FFD, even though I might not get to the FFD until maybe 15-20 minutes before it closes? Also, I will be checking a bag; is there any way they would flag the bag so it doesn't sit on the carousel until I get down to bag claim? Or should I just forget the whole thing and go home, or maybe just stop in and grab a glass of champagne? (Not too many, as I am driving home after I leave the airport.)

On the departure at SFO I can use the Admiral's Club, right?
FL until 11:15pm its showing. FFD until 1030. Not sure what time last order would need to be fired by but if you go right there I imagine you maybe can throw in an order real quick at FFD. Just depends. If you're there by 10pm I would say yes.

If you dont mind let me know as I am curious when FFD actually closes as far as last order.

Bag should be Ok, you wont be down there too long after they come out.

Yes AC at SF.

And assumed you are in F on SFO-JFK given you asked about FFD.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
FL until 11:15pm its showing. FFD until 1030. Not sure what time last order would need to be fired by but if you go right there I imagine you maybe can throw in an order real quick at FFD. Just depends. If you're there by 10pm I would say yes.

If you dont mind let me know as I am curious when FFD actually closes as far as last order.

Bag should be Ok, you wont be down there too long after they come out.

Yes AC at SF.

And assumed you are in F on SFO-JFK given you asked about FFD.
Yes I'm in Flagship First SFO-JFK. If I learn anything, I'll post it here or PM you. My experience is that most transcons arrive a little bit early.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:24 pm

Yes I'm in Flagship First SFO-JFK. If I learn anything, I'll post it here or PM you. My experience is that most transcons arrive a little bit early.
That would be great thanks. I have a similar set up LAX-JFK soon although a bit earlier arrival than you. I'd love to know when the last order of food has to be put in by and also do they let you linger past 10:30 with a drink and relax or are you sort of kicked out of FFD at 10:30.

Is your flight this coming week?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
You think DFW or ORD will open next? Really hope before end of Oct/Nov... DFW seems most likely
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:19 pm

That would be great thanks. I have a similar set up LAX-JFK soon although a bit earlier arrival than you. I'd love to know when the last order of food has to be put in by and also do they let you linger past 10:30 with a drink and relax or are you sort of kicked out of FFD at 10:30.

Is your flight this coming week?
FWIW - pre-C you could hang until at least 11. At least we did several times and the staff gave no indication it was time to go.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We dropped by JFK yesterday after a redeye arrival from LAX. Very warm welcome from front desk. Lounge looked great, well staffed, staff seemed more cheerful than pre-covid. Buffet very similar to before, which in my book is a win.
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
We dropped by JFK yesterday after a redeye arrival from LAX. Very warm welcome from front desk. Lounge looked great, well staffed, staff seemed more cheerful than pre-covid. Buffet very similar to before, which in my book is a win.
Did you use FFD? It was up and running early? If so, how was breakfast? I know it says 430am I just dont recall it being open until 8 pre Covid. Maybe I'm confusing with LA..

Hoping to get more reviews on the food from this new menu for FFD but I guess I'll try for myself in a couple weeks.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:13 pm

FFD is only if you are flying Flagship First. Business class doesn't qualify. They have made this product quite difficult to access.
Yes. In addition to what you've listed, CX F to HKG may access FFD, otherwise it has to be AA metal. At least when I tried, not even JL/BA F to Asia or Europe would get access to JFK's FL's dining room.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Visconti
Yes. In addition to what you've listed, CX F to HKG may access FFD, otherwise it has to be AA metal. At least when I tried, not even JL/BA F to Asia or Europe would get access to JFK's FL's dining room.
JFK was special for CX to access since there was no separate OW F space. BA F had access in DFW and MIA pre-Covid probably due to similar classification. BA used a different terminal at JFK which had a dedicated F area, which is why you technically wouldn’t access FFD at JFK, but that may change, see when the BA lounge area is open.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 7:49 am
NPZ

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by SKYEG
You think DFW or ORD will open next? Really hope before end of Oct/Nov... DFW seems most likely
Who knows. They were very vague about reopening. Later in fall, what… like 2022?

Personally I vote ORD since I’m flying to LHR around Xmas! Ha!
Old Sep 26, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Did you use FFD? It was up and running early? If so, how was breakfast? I know it says 430am I just dont recall it being open until 8 pre Covid. Maybe I'm confusing with LA..

Hoping to get more reviews on the food from this new menu for FFD but I guess I'll try for myself in a couple weeks.
You are the most enthusiastic FFD fan on FT! Perhaps you should reach out the AA and get a side gig as the official spokesperson for FFD. Get paid while getting unlimited access .
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.