Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
But what's the point of FT if we cannot speculate endlessly about all things airline that we're not experts on?

-FlyerBeek
Touché!

Originally Posted by TryingtoturnLeft
I have a BA flight arriving into LAX in F next year, connecting to a AA J to LAS, would I be able to have Flagship lounge access on my arrival in LAX?
Yes.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:51 am

Thank you.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by TryingtoturnLeft
I have a BA flight arriving into LAX in F next year, connecting to a AA J to LAS, would I be able to have Flagship lounge access on my arrival in LAX?
Yes. Unlike *A, OW permits partner F lounge access on same day connections when you arrive in F and depart in J. If the LAX QF F lounge reopens by the time of your trip, you'll also have access to that lounge (which, pre-COVID, was far superior to the AA LAX FL).

-FlyerBeek
Clark Casual likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:04 am

Yes. Unlike *A, OW permits partner F lounge access on same day connections when you arrive in F and depart in J. If the LAX QF F lounge reopens by the time of your trip, you'll also have access to that lounge (which, pre-COVID, was far superior to the AA LAX FL).

-FlyerBeek
Thank you!
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by General99
Honestly whats the point of having 2 separate lounges (right next to each other that might even share the same entrance) if passengers can access either one. I dont see why they cant just build one mega flagship lounge.
Not too uncommon. LHR T3 OW lounges are within a minute of each other, all in the same "section" (only BA business open at this time). Same in SIN, and back in the day when LATAM was part of OW, in Buenos Aires. Even at LAX, they have one of these OW shared business lounges (currently closed, but when open,operated by QF), AA still operated a Flagship Lounge with FFD. Caveat, this was all pre-covid, and things could clearly change.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:04 am

Although the previous answer is correct, you will have access to Flagship Lounge, I'm wondering if you know that you won't have access to Flagship First dining room
Old Sep 19, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Weymar Osborne
If you're flying Flagship Business/First transcon or are a non-AAdvantage/Mileage Plan OneWorld Sapphire/Emerald.
Also CKs get access, even on domestic itineraries.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by General99
Honestly whats the point of having 2 separate lounges (right next to each other that might even share the same entrance) if passengers can access either one. I dont see why they cant just build one mega flagship lounge.
This isn't an uncommon arrangement. For example, CX and AA have lounges right next to each other at CDG, and at LHR, there are at least 3 Oneworld lounges within 90 seconds of each other.

While I agree there is some redundancy in the arrangement, each lounge has its own amenities and offerings and has a unique "feel". I also believe there are some customers that can access only 1 of the lounges, but someone more familiar with all of the access rules would have to confirm that.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum

-FlyerBeek
Just print the OW rules and have them ready and be ready for a fight with the absolute worst lounge staff around.. Been denied on your same exact itinerary. They will tell you it is for QF F departing flights only. You have to really tell them its a OW lounge. Lot of issues at this lounge upon arrival or departing domestically to get to the international F flight.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ikwia
This isn't an uncommon arrangement. For example, CX and AA have lounges right next to each other at CDG, and at LHR, there are at least 3 Oneworld lounges within 90 seconds of each other.

While I agree there is some redundancy in the arrangement, each lounge has its own amenities and offerings and has a unique "feel". I also believe there are some customers that can access only 1 of the lounges, but someone more familiar with all of the access rules would have to confirm that.
Based on OW rules, you can access any or all of the lounges if you meet the COS or tier requirements. Do all know this, of course not, so they go to the lounge they are directed to when they check in.
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Just print the OW rules and have them ready and be ready for a fight with the absolute worst lounge staff around.. Been denied on your same exact itinerary. They will tell you it is for QF F departing flights only. You have to really tell them its a OW lounge. Lot of issues at this lounge upon arrival or departing domestically to get to the international F flight.
I remember reading similar reports over the years regarding LAX QF F lounge access issues, but I've never experienced any issues being improperly denied lounge access here over the years. And the gross majority of times I was not departing LAX on QF (or even departing LAX on a nonstop international flight) when accessing this lounge. Definitely seems like a case of YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
DeltaFlyingProf and Global321 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is wine self-serve in the reopened lounges? Anyone been? I don't understand why liquor is self-serve in some Flagship lounges, but often an attendant is there to pour the wine (seen in ORD, DFW, JFK, MIA and LAX although never consistently).
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:06 pm

I remember reading similar reports over the years regarding LAX QF F lounge access issues, but I've never experienced any issues being improperly denied lounge access here over the years. And the gross majority of times I was not departing LAX on QF (or even departing LAX on a nonstop international flight) when accessing this lounge. Definitely seems like a case of YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
The times you were given access with No issues when you were Not departing on an international F flight were you arriving from one and connecting onto a domestic or flying domestic to catch the International F flight? Just curious which of those 2 possible options you were in..

If you are referring to accessing due to any status and having no issues thats not something I have or had issues with. Mine were solely flying in F as arrival from Tokyo and departing to Dallas I believe to catch a BA F flight. Departing in F on a diff airline they likely wont say anything but really overall QF does act like its a QF lounge and not a OW lounge. I remember emailing QF customer service and being told I was correctly denied in the above 2 scenarios I mentioned.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:26 pm

LPGS is on offer in the JFK FL today!

Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:30 pm

Any chance someone can ask the Hours for FFD please. If possible to ask inside FFD to get a more accurate answer as to when the kitchen opens (8am i assume?) and more importantly when does it close?? Rather get the word from inside FFD than upfront lounge desk agents.

If someone can ask and report back that would be helpful. Trying to figure out timing of LAX arrival flights and making FFD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.