Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by tfizzle
Sorry also meant to include that this is LAX-MIA- UIO itinerary all in J.
Its opening today, the flagship lounge which you can get access too, no FFD however.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by redtop43
FFD is only if you are flying Flagship First. Business class doesn't qualify. They have made this product quite difficult to access.

Also, from what I could tell from their website, only JFK has a Flagship Lounge that's open. If you're on an international J ticket, you can probably use the Admiral's Club.

Access

If you’re flying on American Airlines in Flagship® First on qualifying international or transcontinental flights, you automatically have access.*

Qualifying international flights

Flights between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • South America

Qualifying transcontinental flights

3-class non-stop flights between:

• New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
  • JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
  • JFK and Orange County (SNA) – traveling on A321T aircraft only
  • LAX and Boston (BOS) – traveling on A321T aircraft only
  • LAX and Miami (MIA) – traveling on Boeing 777-300 aircraft only
Opening today or within week is FL MIA
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by safari ari
LAX was the Asia gateway, and that’s pretty much gone (but not fully from a customers sake)
How about a FL in SEA as the new "Asia gateway"? Albeit with no FFD unless AA starts bringing 77W's/321T's to SEA
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by MileTrek
How about a FL in SEA as the new "Asia gateway"? Albeit with no FFD unless AA starts bringing 77W's/321T's to SEA
Doubtful AA would want to spend money on a new lounge. They can’t even bring back normal services to their onboard product. If anything they’ll continue pushing people to the BA/AS lounges, or find a way for OW to build one of the shared lounges they alluded to in their 2019(?) meeting notes. Again, the other key part is SEA doesn’t have any Flagship domestic routes or any heavy competition that JFK/LAX/ORD has. Not even delta flys D1, except I think maybe 1 or 2 flights to JFK a day.

Last edited by safari ari; Sep 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Old Sep 26, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
Its opening today, the flagship lounge which you can get access too, no FFD however.
Today? I thought it opens Tuesday with FFD opening Thursday.. Just curious what the hours are for FFD Miami, hoping they do it right this time and open for breakfast. With all the 77W's to LAX they should do it.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
You are the most enthusiastic FFD fan on FT! Perhaps you should reach out the AA and get a side gig as the official spokesperson for FFD. Get paid while getting unlimited access .
Where do I sign up for that job ??
Old Sep 26, 2021, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by MileTrek
The North Satellite AS lounge there is pretty special. In fact, it is the Flagship Alaska Lounge Seattle.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I'm flying in F on Sep 27 from LAX to BOS on A321T. Which lounge will I qualify for based on the ticket? Only the Admirals Club? Should I ask for drink chits? How about the OneWorld First Lounge in Tom Bradley?
Old Sep 26, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Interesting to see that they kept the drinks still self serve at JFK FL, with the amount of touch points! Things are slowly going back to normal... I hope
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by grrizzli
I'm flying in F on Sep 27 from LAX to BOS on A321T. Which lounge will I qualify for based on the ticket? Only the Admirals Club? Should I ask for drink chits? How about the OneWorld First Lounge in Tom Bradley?

F gets you FFD. Qantas F Lounge in Bradley is closed and apparently 50/50 chance of getting you in anyway. When FFD/FL was closed drink vouchers were not given due to the vouchers themselves having Covid. lol
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Amil
F gets you FFD. Qantas F Lounge in Bradley is closed and apparently 50/50 chance of getting you in anyway. When FFD/FL was closed drink vouchers were not given due to the vouchers themselves having Covid. lol
But the LAX FL/FFD is still closed, so yes, you will only get the regular AC.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by spanishflea
But the LAX FL/FFD is still closed, so yes, you will only get the regular AC.
... really? I just assumed LAX was open already. I wonder what the hold up is.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:26 pm

JFK opened two weeks ago. MIA opens tomorrow. That’s it.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by safari ari
What’s the perceived timing of LAX FL opening up? I know TPAC travel is down, but would assume one OW lounge could be utilized for how many airlines still fly into it.
What I'm wondering as well.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
FFD is only if you are flying Flagship First. Business class doesn't qualify. They have made this product quite difficult to access.
Making it difficult (or expensive) to access keeps it exclusive and lets them serve a higher quality product with better service. Personally I have no issues and its not like the FL is a dump so the alternative for those in business is quite acceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.