Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Being PPro has no relevance. The access to FFD requires a qualifying transcon or Int'l F flight on AA (for now).

When it opens again can I go to the Qantas F (LAX) for transcon J?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Amil
When it opens again can I go to the Qantas F (LAX) for transcon J?
Technically no, since AA is not willing to pay the tab, and AA excludes it's OWEs from accessing other OW lounges on purely domestic flights. I've gotten in a few times in the past as an EXP flying J on a transcon, but that was as a courtesy since I was there almost every other month flying to/from Asia. Basically the manager just waived me in.

The best you'll get is the AA Flagship Lounge, not even the OW Business Lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Technically no, since AA is not willing to pay the tab, and AA excludes it's OWEs from accessing other OW lounges on purely domestic flights. I've gotten in a few times in the past as an EXP flying J on a transcon, but that was as a courtesy since I was there almost every other month flying to/from Asia. Basically the manager just waived me in.

The best you'll get is the AA Flagship Lounge, not even the OW Business Lounge.
Did FF LAX to JFK get in at Qantas F or I assume no way as they wouldnt know/dont recognize the Transcon A321T as anything special.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Did FF LAX to JFK get in at Qantas F or I assume no way as they wouldnt know/dont recognize the Transcon A321T as anything special.
As mentioned above, AA is not willing to pay for access to other OW Lounges. J or F, on purely domestic flights regardless of COS or elite tier.. Access to the FL, and FFD on qualifying flights is purely an AA decision outside OW rules.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Yes, previously LAX-JFK Flagship First did receive QF F lounge access. I'm not sure if that was ever actually written anywhere, because I believe the published OW lounge access rules require a longhaul international ticket to access the lounge on the basis of class of service. But, I was able to access the QF F lounge several times before a LAX-JFK redeye in F (with no other international segments). Typically I did the QF F lounge for cocktails and then made my way to FFD for a later dinner prior to departure.

Previously discussed here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...ounge-lax.html

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by General99
Agreed it seems tiny, arent aa and ba in different terminals too? why do they need a lounge within the flagship louge?
Originally Posted by Global321
Are you sure about that? Seems like a very small footprint for BA.
No way thats enough space for a BA lounge. I believe once BA is over at T8 that will mean more ppl in FFD as just like CX I think BA will be allowed in. Still though I dont see how that space is enough for a proper lounge. Is there more they knock down like whats on the other side or there is no more space?

Sad to see The Bridge go.
​​​​​​
Concorde Room. and/or pre-flight dining space.

The rest will likely just be sent to AA FL.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:41 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yes, there should be plenty of space. I believe AA is relocating the JFK Flight Operations (pilot) office space that's located behind the fake wall at the far end of The Bridge space. There would be plenty of room there to add a new lounge with the Bridge being used as an entranceway of sorts. Not quite as large a footprint as the FL itself, but probably more than half the size, IIRC.

-FlyerBeek
For anyone that wants a kind of visual on this, another FTer posted a floor plan of the current Flagship Lounge in a different thread -- note the second staircase and set of elevators on the right side that are identical to the current FL entrance.

Even if it's just an expanded Flagship Lounge, the addition of BA passengers to T8 will require more lounge space, since the existing Flagship Lounge got very crowded pre-COVID. I also suspect that the current FFD footprint may be insufficient, given BA will probably operate all or almost all of their flights with an F cabin. Whether BA GGLs end up getting FFD in JFK is a toss-up in my mind, but given they don't in IAD or BOS, probably not.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by VFR
For anyone that wants a kind of visual on this, another FTer posted a floor plan of the current Flagship Lounge in a different thread -- note the second staircase and set of elevators on the right side that are identical to the current FL entrance.
Yes, that area to the right of The Bridge past the second staircase and elevators (not fully depicted on that linked floor plan) would likely increase the FL footprint by at least 50%.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Thank you for the clarity! My FL blinders must have been on! LOL. I will report back with AA's judgement "in 7 to 10 business days".
for context, bringing forward...

So now I have changed from ORD - MIA - MEX - MIA-XXX to ORD - MIA - LAX - MIA....all flats...can i access ORD FL (if open) for same day Flagship Business connection in MIA to LAX?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:23 pm

So now I have changed from ORD - MIA - MEX - MIA-XXX to ORD - MIA - LAX - MIA....all flats...can i access ORD FL (if open) for same day Flagship Business connection in MIA to LAX?
I'm a little confused, you're not going to MEX anymore but to LA instead?? At any rate Yes you would get to access a FL while flying to your international F departing city where you again of course would get into that FL. Sorry I just got a bit confused as to what the current itinerary is. If its just a Transcon LAX/MIA you still are supposed to get into ORD FL along the way but this isnt a OW thing and goes to AA special policy for Transcon which there is nothing in writing about (as far as after arrival or when connecting to/from the actual qualifying flight). Its just sort of understood and hopefully you dont get any incompetent lounge agents.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:27 pm

Update on my email to AA Admirals Club customer service to tell them about issues at MIA when arriving on a 77W from LAX as well as ask them if they can please confirm or put in writing that my upcoming LAX-MIA-JFK will get access to FL/FFD at JFK also and 1 week later absolutely no reply from them.

So I called in and spoke to a representative. It was a completely pointless conversation. They dont know a damn thing. They had to look stuff up online on the regular AA site and read the same stuff we can all see and read. I had to explain to her what a 77W is. She said "well it doesnt say anything about arrival city.. and I dont think you can access at JFK but I really dont know". What a joke, these ppl work for AA and in the Lounge department where what else are they doing all day, shouldnt they know about lounge access and rules.

I basically learned nothing and it was a waste of a time. So I will just plan on having to get into it with the incompetent MIA folks and then upon arrival at JFK just hope they are cool and will let me in for a late dinner.

This should all be in writing, just like it is for OW rules.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I'm a little confused, you're not going to MEX anymore but to LA instead?? At any rate Yes you would get to access a FL while flying to your international F departing city where you again of course would get into that FL. Sorry I just got a bit confused as to what the current itinerary is. If its just a Transcon LAX/MIA you still are supposed to get into ORD FL along the way but this isnt a OW thing and goes to AA special policy for Transcon which there is nothing in writing about (as far as after arrival or when connecting to/from the actual qualifying flight). Its just sort of understood and hopefully you dont get any incompetent lounge agents.
Correct, no longer MEX as no FL access. Using Transcan access now for FL in MIA to LAX, Flagship, hoping for same day access at start in ORD on same PNR (If ORD open mid Nov.)

Edit: ORD - MIA - LAX same day

Last edited by Bradhattan; Sep 23, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:00 am

Correct, no longer MEX as no FL access. Using Transcan access now for FL in MIA to LAX, Flagship, hoping for same day access at start in ORD on same PNR (If ORD open mid Nov.)

Edit: ORD - MIA - LAX same day
No MEX just b/c no FL? Well I cant talk since I do my own thing like drop a flight if it goes from flat bed to recliner.

At any rate, you are pretty much at the mercy of the lounge agents at ORD, assuming FL is open. There is nothing specific at all in writing about the premium Transcon situation. I mean sure it says you can use FL/FFD but it doesnt even say that on arrival you can.. And certainly doesnt say 1 city removed from the qualifying flight you can but on arrival its pretty much a given (except at MIA they can be difficult) and 1 city removed I believe more people than not report they get in.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:02 am

Is anyone planning on being at MIA FL/FFD next week? Love to get a menu pic and any details.

Also, anyone else had more items than just the Halibut & eggs at JFK from the above pics? Love to hear how more stuff was. And was the champagne upon arrival just for opening day or is it still going on?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat

I have done similar in the past - handed them my transcon BP and they didn't bat an eye. As with all things AA, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.