Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by General99
As a EXP traveling internationally was allowed access to flagship first dining JFK. Maybe this is a sign of things to come, no reports of this on flyer talk but 2 others in the EXP facebook group have reported this as well.
On a diff thread last night there was chatter about EXP being allowed in. I thought that was incorrect info but apparently not.

This is a new thing though right, as it wasnt always like that? I thought just CK who got those invites/bought those passes had access outside of someone flying AA metal in F internationally or Lax-Mia 77W or 32T. And CX F from JFK and the BA arrangements at DFW/MIA I think.

FFD is going to be so crowded now if EXP can enter. I loved how it used to be so quiet.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:56 pm
Suspended

from my impression its kind of a surprise and delight thing. not all EXP can get in is my impression. Maybe only for EXP in business. FFD is so underused I think its fine.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:23 pm

from my impression its kind of a surprise and delight thing. not all EXP can get in is my impression. Maybe only for EXP in business. FFD is so underused I think its fine.
If EXP can get in now does that mean CK all get in also? Or did they always get in if travelling like J ? Sorry I am not up on the status entry requirements as I only have Gold
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
If EXP can get in now does that mean CK all get in also? Or did they always get in if travelling like J ? Sorry I am not up on the status entry requirements as I only have Gold
I have no idea the specific, sorry. I didn't ask them any questions, i wish I would have though.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Please correct me if I’m wrong but pre covid as an exp flying J on AA to LHR Ive always visited the flagship lounge. Please tell me this now isn’t the case?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
Please correct me if I’m wrong but pre covid as an exp flying J on AA to LHR Ive always visited the flagship lounge. Please tell me this now isn’t the case?
we are discussing flagship first dining. All saphires and above can get into the flagship lounge, its fairly easy to get into.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:28 pm

Yes sorry to confuse. I am inquiring FFD. Maybe someone will post more details as to these new changes.

Where does Sapphire fall in the hierarchy? Is there an Emerald? I was looking now and didnt see Sapphire under AA's status list..

Again, only ever been Gold some not my area of expertise.

Just hope FFD stays tranquil and relaxing and doesnt become crazy how the FL can be.

I just d
Old Sep 18, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
4/5 domestic = blah.
Just because the wines are domestic (or another new world location) doesn't mean they are not good, just as a wine from France (or another old world location) doesn't make it good.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by robertablake
Just because the wines are domestic (or another new world location) doesn't mean they are not good, just as a wine from France (or another old world location) doesn't make it good.
I'm quite aware of that. But when you have a limited list like that, some geographic variety is appreciated.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Bridge is closed an under renovations to make room for the new British Airways lounge.

Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we are discussing flagship first dining. All saphires and above can get into the flagship lounge, its fairly easy to get into.
Me too. Exp get access to this too. At least I used to!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I can't speak to what's happening now, but there were no FFD access exceptions for CK prior to COVID, aside from the 2 vouchers.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Me too. Exp get access to this too. At least I used to!
Are you saying you were given FFD access at no cost when not flying F on a 3 cabin aircraft?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ikwia
Are you saying you were given FFD access at no cost when not flying F on a 3 cabin aircraft?
I was given FFD on the following occasions (in 2019)

1. DFW-MEX in J
2. DFW-LHR in J
3. LHR-DFW in J
4. JFK-LHR in J
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:39 am

I was given FFD on the following occasions (in 2019)

1. DFW-MEX in J
2. DFW-LHR in J
3. LHR-DFW in J
4. JFK-LHR in J
Wow...I would consider yourself very lucky!

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or have an idea of why he was given access?

As a CK flying true full-fare J when that was the highest cabin available on that route (e.g., to CDG) I have never been given FFD access.
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.