Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by kelix
Same Q for me. Flying in to ORD on EY in business (T3 landing as US Preclearance in AUH), then onward on AA in F (to LAS) so not transcon...

Was planning on using OW Saphire via Qatar Airways to get in.. can anyone see any issues to access either Admirals or Flagship using that on the above ITIN in ORD?
Should be fine for either with your QR status. Just depends if FL is open or not.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:06 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same Q for me. Flying in to ORD on EY in business (T3 landing as US Preclearance in AUH), then onward on AA in F (to LAS) so not transcon...

Was planning on using OW Saphire via Qatar Airways to get in.. can anyone see any issues to access either Admirals or Flagship using that on the above ITIN in ORD?
So long as you are departing on a oneworld carrier - AA in this case - you will have access to the Admirals Club (the FL will not be open by then) and can bring one guest. The inbound EY flight does nothing for you in terms of ORD lounge access given they are not a oneworld carrier.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by HNL
So long as you are departing on a oneworld carrier - AA in this case - you will have access to the Admirals Club (the FL will not be open by then) and can bring one guest. The inbound EY flight does nothing for you in terms of ORD lounge access given they are not a oneworld carrier.
I guess it won't be open in October then? "Later in the fall" is suitably vague, isn't it!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 4:21 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I guess it won't be open in October then? "Later in the fall" is suitably vague, isn't it!
The Magic 8 Ball says “Don't count on it.

But anything can happen in Airlineville (thanks for the term Cranky Flyer )

Airlines are making ~5%+ capacity cuts through fall and winter. East-west International flying is not returning or expanding this winter. Asia traffic is exceptionally limited, and European travel is always weak in the winter. UA is not opening the Polaris Lounge anytime soon, so thee is no need to reopen the Flagship Lounge by October..
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by HNL
The Magic 8 Ball says “Don't count on it.

But anything can happen in Airlineville (thanks for the term Cranky Flyer )

Airlines are making ~5%+ capacity cuts through fall and winter. East-west International flying is not returning or expanding this winter. Asia traffic is exceptionally limited, and European travel is always weak in the winter. UA is not opening the Polaris Lounge anytime soon, so thee is no need to reopen the Flagship Lounge by October..
Yup. I can't see BA opening the ORD lounge any time soon either. Both flights are now running again, but I'm sure capacity is low.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:09 am

Sitting in the AA Flagship lounge right now at JFK. Arrived off of a red-eye and granted access immediately.

Pretty much having flashbacks to 2019....
Showers were open ( i used it)
Buffet was pretty much the exact breakfast options of the past
Make your own bloodie mary station
make your own mamosa station
offering a glass of champagne on arrival
Cofffee bar and drinks were all self service
Regular glass cups, regular real plates, Paper Napkins

Compared to my admirals lounge experience a week ago........this was like the exact opposite. Tons of space and good stuff. Really what you remember from 2019 as of right now, not sure if things will change. Lots of AA people watching the experience and greeting everyone welcoming us back.

Last edited by lunchtime; Sep 14, 2021 at 9:01 am
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:12 am

Many thanks lunchtime.. Will report back to FT after my FFD experience on Sept 17.. SO happy FD is again open in JFK
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by RTW4
Many thanks lunchtime.. Will report back to FT after my FFD experience on Sept 17.. SO happy FD is again open in JFK
no real need for a review of the flagship lounge. Its exactly as i remember it in 2019........for now. They are definitely watching it and analyzing so changes could happen. More AA people then customers at several points, but it was never really busy at all. Kind of like a soft opening feel tbh alot of customers didn't seem to know yet and this is a very slow week for travel it seems. All flights i looked at were VERY empty this week
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by HNL
thanks for that!

anyone know what lounge EY use on outbound from T5 in ORD these days?

I guess in LAS As there is no domestic F access for AA I’ll use lounge key for “The Club” on the return leg.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
anyone know what lounge EY use on outbound from T5 in ORD these days?
To be honest it doesn't really matter. Any lounge at T5 is pretty much the worst offering any airline has to offer and is a complete afterthought.
JJeffrey, kelix, cheltzel and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BonVoy Titanium
I have two upcoming trips booked and am curious if I might qualify for Flagship Lounge access:

DUB -> PHL -> DFW -> SNA. Will I get flagship lounge access in DFW?

HNL -> DFW -> LAX. Will I get flagship lounge access in DFW while waiting for my connection to LAX?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by UpIntheError
I have two upcoming trips booked and am curious if I might qualify for Flagship Lounge access:

DUB -> PHL -> DFW -> SNA. Will I get flagship lounge access in DFW?

HNL -> DFW -> LAX. Will I get flagship lounge access in DFW while waiting for my connection to LAX?
1) Yes, as an EXP with a same day DUB-PHL flight you'll get FL access at DFW assuming it's the same day (regardless of whether you're in business or economy)
2) If you're in business then yes, but if you're in economy no

There is a dedicated thread for lounge access queries, this one is about the reopening of the FL's and FD's...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2020-a.html
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BonVoy Titanium
Thanks for the reply and the link, I'll use that thread in the future for similar Qs.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:40 pm

Anyone that visited today want to do a mini review? Same things? Different things?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:49 pm

TPG were apparently given preview access and posted an article with some photos: https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...ng-first-look/
Global321 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.