Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Global321
Agree with your 12 hours, come and go, statement. The rest... ehh.
  • 2-3 hours? Depends on your connection. Not crazy to have a 4+ hour layover heading international - especially when the other choice would be a 1 hour layover. In that case, the use for 4 hours is well within the intent.
  • "and/or as some argue a meal upon arrival". Actually, that is specifically allowed. So if you are part of the "some" that doesn't think it is within the intent, then you are wrong. (They don't have to let you in if they did not want it.)
  • Multiple PDB - occasionally have gotten that on AA. Never asked, of course, just offered and accepted. Internationally - lots of times... on ME or Asian-based carriers. Again offered and accepted.
But, back to the main thrust of your argument... agreed - 12 hours - outside some crazy IRROPS - seems way out of bounds and not the intent.
Agree with all you said but just to clarify its not about 12 hours like I want to sit in FFD for 12 hours. I was just making a point that there arent any set rules and if that lounge is more comfortable (and surely more quiet than FL) then its ok to stay in there.

My intent is to use it upon arrival for breakfast then go to TWA to see the pool and planes, work out and then come back and be able to have lunch at FFD. I have seen people do this time and time again at LA- breakfast, out for a run on Sepulveda and back for shower before flight.

Nothing wrong with breakfast, leave and back for lunch. Thats not abusing anything
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
No. I drank it all. Remember?

Where/When is this pic from?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Where/When is this pic from?
It is from my phone's camera gallery taken at the JFK AC during an April 24, 2021 meetup at which MIAFlyer, donotblink, and I drank the airline's remaining Krug supplies -- accompanied by ossetra caviar, meats, and cheese brought from landside by the participants

LPGS is good and I look forward to enjoying some in FFD when I next get the chance, but Krug is actually a longtime personal favorite (and perhaps a quarterly indulgence when not flying), so that made FFD (and the liquidation of the Krug at the ACs) extra-special for me.

I definitely spent a few hours in FFD on at least a few occasions, it was never a problem. At both LAX and JFK, there were times when I left my stuff set up at a table in FFD to go take a shower, or take a nap in the quiet room, etc. It's not like they were running out of tables in the FFD room. Can't imagine wanting to stay longer than 3-4 hours though.
Global321 and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:14 pm

It is from my phone's camera gallery taken at the JFK AC during an April 24, 2021 meetup at which MIAFlyer, donotblink, and I drank the airline's remaining Krug supplies -- accompanied by ossetra caviar, meats, and cheese brought from landside by the participants

LPGS is good and I look forward to enjoying some in FFD when I next get the chance, but Krug is actually a longtime personal favorite (and perhaps a quarterly indulgence when not flying), so that made FFD (and the liquidation of the Krug at the ACs) extra-special for me.

I definitely spent a few hours in FFD on at least a few occasions, it was never a problem. At both LAX and JFK, there were times when I left my stuff set up at a table in FFD to go take a shower, or take a nap in the quiet room, etc. It's not like they were running out of tables in the FFD room. Can't imagine wanting to stay longer than 3-4 hours though.
Yes I feel the same way with leaving stuff at the table, walking around, a quick nap and coming back. Can always take my stuff with me if they are busy. I also see no issue with having 2 separate meals separated by 5 hours which will be my plan next week while checking out TWA.

At any rate, thats really cool on the meet up. Currently will there be anything worth drinking pre flight at LAX AC? I cant imagine so. Also, arent they charging you b/c over summer a few times I was there and even though I had FF I was offered nothing special as far better quality booze or free drinks unless just the well liquor maybe was free. Tbh I didnt even enter AC the last time as its kind of pointless. Looking forward to FFD on the other side though.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
And I thought that was the new typical fare at the ACs.. silly me.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
<off-topic content removed by moderator>

Back to the regularly scheduled topic!

I couldn't spend 6 hours in a lounge. The recent food pictures looks meh & there is no allure of the alcohol for me. Krug is nice but I haven't had a glass since my last EK F flight. My next EK F flight is coming up soon. I will enjoy some more then.

Enjoy as many FFD experiences as you can, many probably don't have time or desire. Let us know how it goes.

James
simonsuo likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 4, 2021 at 3:47 pm Reason: removed off-topic content
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Back to the regularly scheduled topic!

I couldn't spend 6 hours in a lounge. The recent food pictures looks meh & there is no allure of the alcohol for me. Krug is nice but I haven't had a glass since my last EK F flight. My next EK F flight is coming up soon. I will enjoy some more then.

Enjoy as many FFD experiences as you can, many probably don't have time or desire. Let us know how it goes.

James
Al Safwa, EK F or QF F at Sydney I could do it no problem, especially AS b/c of the jacuzzi. I hear AF lounge is pretty awesome too. But yes 6 hours at FL/FFD is too long. My plan is 2 hours & then 2 hours again after 5 hours at TWA. I was just saying to the other poster who was saying I was taking advantage of the system that if I want to sit there for 6 hours or even 12 hours I dont believe I am taking advantage of the system.

Btw, thought the pics of FFD at JFK since the re open looked good. Not the eggs but the fish. Are there are other pics/reports I missed or are you referring to the 2 pics from this thread from a couple weeks ago?

No one from FT has been to Miami FFD since the re open? Was hoping to see the menu so I can decide what to order on the plane. There is no pre order but options are same as JFK so will decide between chicken or fish but curious to see what dinner at FFD Miami will be so I can decide better for the lunch flight to MIA. If anyone can post the menu that would be great.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 4, 2021 at 3:53 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Arriving and having breakfast, leaving for 4 hours to TWA and back for lunch is not abusing anything. Perfectly legit and have seen many people do it.
I had a 10 hour layover in DFW. Arrived noon. Had a great FFD lunch-amazing steak as is should be. Split almost a bottle of Krug with partner. Then minute suites for two hour nap. A couple of DFW lap to get some exercise and then then back for a smaller dinner but also with Krug. The staff were welcoming and excellent and of course they got a nice tip.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle
I had a 10 hour layover in DFW. Arrived noon. Had a great FFD lunch-amazing steak as is should be. Split almost a bottle of Krug with partner. Then minute suites for two hour nap. A couple of DFW lap to get some exercise and then then back for a smaller dinner but also with Krug. The staff were welcoming and excellent and of course they got a nice tip.
Thats awesome and similar to my plan and absolutely nothing wrong with this. Multiple meals or extended stay is not abusive.

I'm curious though given my FF qualifying flight is the arrival I just hope they dont give me a hard time when I come back from TWA given the next flight is just normal domestic F.

Spoke to AC customer service and they said FFD all I want on the same day not to worry.

I've done the DFW lap myself, its fun. Although last time I went to Grand Hyatt which was really nice and so easy to get to right from the D gates. I think it was only $35 to work out and use the sauna, seemed reasonable.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:09 pm

No one from FT has been to Miami FFD since the re open? Was hoping to see the menu so I can decide what to order on the plane. There is no pre order but options are same as JFK so will decide between chicken or fish but curious to see what dinner at FFD Miami will be so I can decide better for the lunch flight to MIA. If anyone can post the menu that would be great.

Below is the food menu for FFD Miami:

…and the beverage menu:

Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Wow, JFK has 1942 while MIA doesn't
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
At any rate, thats really cool on the meet up. Currently will there be anything worth drinking pre flight at LAX AC? I cant imagine so. Also, arent they charging you b/c over summer a few times I was there and even though I had FF I was offered nothing special as far better quality booze or free drinks unless just the well liquor maybe was free. Tbh I didnt even enter AC the last time as its kind of pointless. Looking forward to FFD on the other side though.
Yeah the Krug was $65 per half bottle, but that's literally cheaper than retail and just a few bucks more than what Krug was selling it to AA for, so it was a deal. I typically pay $150-200 for a half bottle at a nice restaurant.

As for stuff "worth drinking"... if you mean free stuff, not much. It's Svedka vodka, Gordon's gin, etc.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
And I thought that was the new typical fare at the ACs.. silly me.
It is the new typical fare, obviously, but only at LIT prior to 77W departures to NRT. Duh.
wrp96 and Flying for Fun like this.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 4, 2021 at 3:49 pm Reason: Removed off-topic content
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:33 pm

Yeah the Krug was $65 per half bottle, but that's literally cheaper than retail and just a few bucks more than what Krug was selling it to AA for, so it was a deal. I typically pay $150-200 for a half bottle at a nice restaurant.

As for stuff "worth drinking"... if you mean free stuff, not much. It's Svedka vodka, Gordon's gin, etc.

It is the new typical fare, obviously, but only at LIT prior to 77W departures to NRT. Duh.
At AC why cant AA offer something to those in FF. Its crazy they cant figure someway to offer a separate area for FF or some better liquor.

Sounds like a good deal on the Krug !!

Is the Laurent Perrier they have listed on MIA menu $150 a bottle or did I look up the wrong exact one maybe?

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 4, 2021 at 3:49 pm Reason: Removed off-topic content
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:30 am

To cap off the two meal debate, I was in FFD Friday and couldn't decide between two things and was told, let's just do both. So don't really think they would care.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:52 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Exclamation Please stay on topic!

Folks - this is the AA forum. And this thread is about the reopening of Flagship Lounges and Flagship Dining. This is not the place to discuss individual hotel policies. Please help us keep this thread on-topic.

(Also, to help with readability of the forum, please use the multi-quote function or edit your existing posts instead of having multiple consecutive posts.)

Thanks! /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.