Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by S.R
Flying out of JFK Friday, hope FFD is open for lunch
Please do let us know.
Thank you!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
So with Paid J class on MIA-LAX next Thursday, I believe I get access to the FL lounge at MIA. Between that and the Centurion Lounge, which one is the better bet?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
So with Paid J class on MIA-LAX next Thursday, I believe I get access to the FL lounge at MIA. Between that and the Centurion Lounge, which one is the better bet?
Only reason to pick Centurion would be if it ended up being right next to your gate and you don’t have enough time to get to the FL (or unless you really want a bartender who will make cocktails for you).

FL is self-serve for mostly everything, including drinks. The food is better, and you’re likely to have more space to yourself.

Needless to say, you’re also just a few steps away from AA agents in the FL if anything happens with your flight (cancelled, delayed, etc.).

Most of the time, it would be tough to justify picking Centurion over the FL.
jerry a. laska and econ like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'd agree with metallo. I've been to both FL and Centurion in MIA, and was very disappointed with the Centurion Lounge compared to AA's FL. I seem to recall it was also a bloody long walk!
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:05 pm

Alcohol - Centurion by a little bit.
Food - FL by a good amount.

Originally Posted by metallo
Only reason to pick Centurion would be if it ended up being right next to your gate and you don’t have enough time to get to the FL (or unless you really want a bartender who will make cocktails for you)...
Most of the time, it would be tough to justify picking Centurion over the FL.
Spot on.

Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
I'd agree with metallo. I've been to both FL and Centurion in MIA, and was very disappointed with the Centurion Lounge compared to AA's FL. I seem to recall it was also a bloody long walk!
Me too. I did a pub run between them when I had extra time. It was not worth it to go to Centurion.
renila, SFO777 and Neil Scrivener like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by MsEllie
NBC DFW article today: DFW airport job fair today and tomorrow, hiring on the spot for multiple positions including for Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. So maybe it will open sooner than later?
article
I hope this, plus the other intel from the LAX AAgent about being opened on Jan 25th will be true. I have a flight to BOG on the 25th. Would be nice to darken the doors of the FL!
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
In the JFK FL. The champagne at the door is Piper Heidsieck Cuvee Brut. I think the girl serving is partaking since she was pretty giggly while giving it out. I think the buffet is quite good. They had a delicious salmon dish tonight. It's fairly full just before 8 in the evening.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by arabiamark
In the JFK FL. The champagne at the door is Piper Heidsieck Cuvee Brut. I think the girl serving is partaking since she was pretty giggly while giving it out. I think the buffet is quite good. They had a delicious salmon dish tonight. It's fairly full just before 8 in the evening.
They had salmon in MIA as well in addition to some pretty good beef short ribs. Mofungo, cevice, yucca, plantains, etc. A Latin / Caribbean tilt at the MIA FL. Flagship DIning was also open. Lounge was very quiet at 1:00 pm and was bustling by 3:00 pm.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
They had salmon in MIA as well in addition to some pretty good beef short ribs. Mofungo, cevice, yucca, plantains, etc. A Latin / Caribbean tilt at the MIA FL. Flagship DIning was also open. Lounge was very quiet at 1:00 pm and was bustling by 3:00 pm.
Was the chef's station operating in the MIA Lounge, where a chef makes freshly-prepared customized hot entrees for you?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
Was the chef's station operating in the MIA Lounge, where a chef makes freshly-prepared customized hot entrees for you?
Starting around 330, yes.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:27 pm

Flew JFK-SNA in Flagship F tonight. Got to tryout FFD and FL at JFK. The lounge was pretty quiet. I have two quick comments about the experience. The FD menu seems not to reflect common American foods, there was no basic steak, chicken or pasta dish. As someone who does not enjoy lamb or seafood, I found the menu limiting. The lounge was nice. I enjoyed that the showers were open. I used the shower room more as a private bathroom since it has a toilet and sink.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
new JFK menu

Visited JFK today and they said this is a new menu.

FFD menu at JFK
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in
Please do let us know.
Thank you!
I entered the FFD at JFK at 2 PM today . There was already a person eating when I arrived so I would expect you to be in luck. The Dining room was quiet the entire time I was there, Enjoy your experience.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by bgasser
I entered the FFD at JFK at 2 PM today . There was already a person eating when I arrived so I would expect you to be in luck. The Dining room was quiet the entire time I was there, Enjoy your experience.
Thanks! I am, in fact, taking an evening flight, if at all, at this point. The restrictions by the Indian administration aren't very conducive to traveling there at the moment.

Hopefully, you got something that you liked at FFD. Saw in the photo of the menu on the post right below yours that there was a burger on the menu and some pizza app.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Access to FF

If an F award ticket for JFK-SFO non-stop is obtained using a partner carrier's miles (e.g., Alaska, Etihad, BA), do you still have access to eat in the JFK First Flagship Dining Room?

Thanks for any information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.