Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by jamabam
darn, then i’m missing it by a few days! could you link the thread?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33840014-post203.html
jamabam likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by NPZ
crazy that this place once served Krug
No FFD here, which appears to be serving LPGS now instead of Krug. Back in the day, the regular FL had Bollinger, of which the current other large Champagne houses that AA is cycling through are just a minor downgrade.
NPZ likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
When I was through last week they had the Roederer at the entrance to the FL but Bernard Lonclas was the offering actually in the club. Of course it was no problem to walk back to the entrance and get refills of the LR if you preferred...
Over in the MIA FL a couple weeks ago, was offered a glass of Lanson on entry. Forgot to check what the selection was in the self-serve area.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First

FFD breakfast menu
here's the current FFD breakfast menu
​​​​​​Landed at 4:50am SNA-JFK thanks to tailwinds, horrible time to land as hotel couldn't accommodate that early of a check in, and New York has an alcohol curfew between 4-8am, but granted arrival access to FFD.

Waited to 8am (couldn't check in then anyway) for a glass of LPGS. Well, turns out it's LP Millesieme brut now, not quite LPGS but still pretty good.

​​​​
simonsuo likes this.

Last edited by no2chem; Dec 28, 2021 at 8:21 pm
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by no2chem

Waited to 8am (couldn't check in the anyway) for a glass of LPGS. Well, turns out it's LP Millesieme brut now, not quite LPGS but still pretty good.

​​​​
Omg AA is really a sh*t airline! as if the publicity stunt with the JW blue label wasn’t enough now they’re downgrading the FFD champagne as well! The millesime although sounds special, is quite a downgrade from the GS, both quality and of course most importantly for cheap AA, price wise🙄
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Omg AA is really a sh*t airline! as if the publicity stunt with the JW blue label wasn’t enough now they’re downgrading the FFD champagne as well! The millesime although sounds special, is quite a downgrade from the GS, both quality and of course most importantly for cheap AA, price wise🙄
MIA had Johnnie Blue last week. The main issue is inconsistency, but I suspect they would blame all of this on supply chain issues.

Originally Posted by econ
Over in the MIA FL a couple weeks ago, was offered a glass of Lanson on entry. Forgot to check what the selection was in the self-serve area.
Keeping with the theme of inconsistency, there was no greeter with champagne at the MIA FL during my recent visit there (entered around 7 PM).
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
MIA vs JFK FLs

Miami FL’s buffet foods are of much higher quality than those of JFK’s FL. For example, salmon was baked at MIA but fried at JFK. There are also more selections at MIA, in both foods and drinks.

I am a newbie to FL. Just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Amil
I wonder if emerald could go to Qantas F pre-covid
Yes, I did it many times. Fabulous lounge.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by no2chem

FFD breakfast menu
here's the current FFD breakfast menu
​​​​​​Landed at 4:50am SNA-JFK thanks to tailwinds, horrible time to land as hotel couldn't accommodate that early of a check in, and New York has an alcohol curfew between 4-8am, but granted arrival access to FFD.

Waited to 8am (couldn't check in then anyway) for a glass of LPGS. Well, turns out it's LP Millesieme brut now, not quite LPGS but still pretty good.

​​​​
That's encouraging, I'm flying F from LHR and back and FFD on the return would be a great treat before connecting onward.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Well, at FFD again tonight at JFK. It seems the LPGS to Millesieme is a permanent downgrade, apparently 4-5 days ago.

They really need to reprint the FFD menus, which still say LPGS. The staff also pretend Millesieme is lpgs... which while good, it is not. Also they have like 4 red wines on the menu which they don't have anymore.

I get AA is going through omricon pains, but not having most of your (wine) menu in stock just looks bad...
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:28 pm

Is the champers downgrade ONLY JFK or at MIA FFD as well? Thanks...
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW4
Is the champers downgrade ONLY JFK or at MIA FFD as well? Thanks...
MIA had LPGS last week, but the supply seems to change quickly, so what they’ll have today, tomorrow, a week from now, a month from now, etc., is anybody’s guess.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Was at the MIA FFD last night. They said they had all the wines on the menu in stock. I went with a Malbec but unfortunately forgot to note the details of it. I was dead tired and wasted from going BAH' to LHR to MIA with one more connection to go. I went with Lomo Saltado for the main dish and it was excellent. The appetizer was a mango carpaccio with blueberries and raspberries. I indulged in a chocolate cake with some port to round things out. The service and atmosphere were very pleasant.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was at the JFK FFD last week (Full Report: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33863336-post471.html) and they were out of two scotches (Glenlivet and Glenfiddich). They did have JW Blue at least.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:05 am

JUst in MIA.. FFD now CLOSED due to server absences.. Staff does NOT know when it will re open.. FYI… Flagship Lounge OPEN.. FYI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.