Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Hmmm maybe I will do the american breakfast. I love potatoes and a grilled tomato too. Should be better on the stomach at 6am than the enchilada. As of now I selected the oatmeal.

Have you had the Muesli? I've never had it with AA before.

Btw, probably outside the FT scope but do you think the bacon on the "american breakfast" is packaged separate and something the FA opens up meaning I can hold it but it will have never been touching or changing the smell of the eggs/potatoes or do you think it comes all together and not individually sealed meaning the bacon is with the eggs./potatoes touching it/next to it?

Thx
I would be very surprised if it is separate. Same with the sausage. It's all setup to heat and serve.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Hmmm maybe I will do the american breakfast. I love potatoes and a grilled tomato too. Should be better on the stomach at 6am than the enchilada. As of now I selected the oatmeal.

Btw, probably outside the FT scope but do you think the bacon on the "american breakfast" is packaged separate and something the FA opens up meaning I can hold it but it will have never been touching or changing the smell of the eggs/potatoes or do you think it comes all together and not individually sealed meaning the bacon is with the eggs./potatoes touching it/next to it?

Thx
The hot entrees are all prepared & "dished-up" then covered with foil. The FA simply heats them up and tosses whatever you ordered onto the tray seat-side. I had the enchiladas recently. Over-all the meal was pretty disgusting.

As served!

Unwrapped!

The enchilada was tasteless, textuarlly it was a step up from pablum. The "bite-sized" chicken sausage was a salt bomb rendering the taste of the protein difficult to discern. The black beans tasted like salt too. I am sure they were cooked in heavily salted sea water... The New York wet bagel resisted the aggressiveness of the knife. Too hard & dry to eat. The pineapple was nice, best item on the dish while the typical honeydew melon & cantaloupe were harvested 3 weeks and 2 weeks before ripeness respectively. Grapes were pump & juicy but the cheese needed a little time to warm.

I don't fly AA for the food. It never has been their strong point even pre-pandemic.

I didn't complain, much what I expected anyway. There wasn't anything Flagship about the flight. The seat was heavily stained, the footwell broken, the overhead light inoperative & no internet.

The flight in J was a complimentary upgrade on a sub $100 fare. That shouldn't change the Flagship experience but I would be furious if I had paid for it. I at least got a few hours sleep sans the elusive Casper bedding.

If this is what AA markets as their Flagship Service it is very sAAd.

James
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Has anyone flown MIA-LAX with lunch or dinner recently? Did they have bedding? Flight coming up soon in J from MIA-LAX.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
Has anyone flown MIA-LAX with lunch or dinner recently? Did they have bedding? Flight coming up soon in J from MIA-LAX.
Recent FT reports show bedding continues to be hit-or-miss in Flagship F/J on this route. No idea why AA cannot get their act together on this issue. Generally, I've found MIA-LAX tends to more consistently have bedding compared with the LAX-MIA return. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

Thx
Yes, I have had the muesli and it's fine but I prefer the American breakfast as it's very filling and all the items in it have been consistently good
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum
That enchilada no way i can do it at 6am too.. The bacon if its heated up with the eggs and rest will ruin it for me. If FA can remove before heating maybe. I think I just go with the oatmeal and have some cheese & wine and at least have FFD to look forward to upon arrival. Very sad AA can bring back a French toast or waffle or just mix it up a bit for breakfast. I'm not a huge B6 fan and found the food overrated but at least it was interesting. I also havent tried them since they switched caterers. At least they have some innovation & vareity.

Maybe I should give DL another shot for Transcon once we come out of the pandemic. I just thought Jon & Vinnys food was really bad both times and they dont do a sundae cart or cheese plate.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Flying JFK-SFO at 9pm on Flagship Business, does anyone know what this evening "PM snack basket" consists of?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Recent FT reports show bedding continues to be hit-or-miss in Flagship F/J on this route. No idea why AA cannot get their act together on this issue. Generally, I've found MIA-LAX tends to more consistently have bedding compared with the LAX-MIA return. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
I am batting 0% in both directions. 🤨

James
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by jcarberry
Flying JFK-SFO at 9pm on Flagship Business, does anyone know what this evening "PM snack basket" consists of?
It should be the same as all the other transcon snack baskets. A mixture of assorted pre-packaged snacks - some Love Corn, fig bars, and other various sundries. AFAIK, there's no distinction between morning, afternoon, or evening snack baskets.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
fig bars, [-FlyerBeek
Didn't we see those on someone's tray and was plated as a desert?

#AAsteamshipservice
dpb132 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Didn't we see those on someone's tray and was plated as a desert?

#AAsteamshipservice
#GoingForGreat

-FlyerBeek
asnovici, enviroian and dpb132 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
#GoingForGreat

-FlyerBeek
No no no...

#GoingforGreatlyMediocre
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:19 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by 985X
#iflyalaska

And btw, those CRJ7s are more, more, and more likely to experience IRROPs than AS mainline fleet
I fly Alaska also, but they wanted $79/$109 and AA wanted $49. I got what I paid for.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123

-FlyerBeek
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I am batting 0% in both directions. 🤨

James
I am going to ask a dumb questions but clearly i don't fly up front often, when you guys say bedding, what does that mean?? Is it not the blanket and pillow?? Earlier this year we got that on both the mia-lax and the return, the only reason we book the overnight is because of lie flat and then i get a blanket and pillow, should i be prepared to not have that on the return now, or does bedding mean something else?? Icant imagine bedding is like the fancy ME airlines that actually set up a bed for you?? cuz i would be shocked LOL Also we are only in business not in first if it makes a difference, but dam, we have a flight on Thursday and i love me to lay down with blanket and pillow watching movies LOL
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
I am going to ask a dumb questions but clearly i don't fly up front often, when you guys say bedding, what does that mean?? Is it not the blanket and pillow??
Yes, bedding refers to the blanket and pillow. AA uses a couple different types, but MIA-LAX should at least get something in the form of a blanket/duvet and pillow. On longhaul international flights in Flagship F (at least pre-COVID), it's a pretty extensive amount of Casper-branded items to include a mattress pad, duvet, day blanket, and pillow.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.