Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by roadtriper
They could use some help with Marketing,,, "Margarine Croissant" how much would it take to upgrade that to Flaky Butter Croissant? and "MFG by" How about , Prepared and Packaged by ? and throw in a Mayo Pack, every Crappy Gas Station C/store has mayo packs to go with their "MFG" Sandwiches! RT
Sounds like the proofreaders and copy editors may have taken the furlough/leave options!
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by formeraa
Sounds like the proofreaders and copy editors may have taken the furlough/leave options!
maybe the head chefs native language is Spanish and he used google translate.
I’ll be on the 787 tomorrow Dfw lax. If there are any options other than Turkey sandwich or fruit and cheese plate I will report back. 😊
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:28 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
Probably French to distinguish from croissant "au beurre," a croissant "ordinaire" is made with margarine.

Why are Some Croissants Straight, and Others Curved?
And yes, there are laws about this in France. Actual laws. Can you see why I love that country so much? They take their baked goods seriously, damn it.

The law, as I mention above, is pretty simple – if you have a straight croissant (which is kind of an oxymoron, since the word croissant actually means “crescent”) in France, it will be an all-butter croissant.

Croissants that use any other type of fat (even if it’s something like 95% butter and 5% margarine) cannot be straight (and will usually be in the iconic crescent shape).

Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
I’ll be on the 787 tomorrow Dfw lax. If there are any options other than Turkey sandwich or fruit and cheese plate I will report back. 😊
I wouldn't count on it. Flew DFW-CLT yesterday, and the above is exactly what was offered. I fear, much like my peers would attest to, I am slowly turning into a turkey thanks to all these turkey sandwiches.
PUCCI GALORE and D3Kingg like this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:58 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I wouldn't count on it. Flew DFW-CLT yesterday, and the above is exactly what was offered. I fear, much like my peers would attest to, I am slowly turning into a turkey thanks to all these turkey sandwiches.
Darling - rumour has it that you are delicious with Cranberry Sauce. Ignore those calls from the Peerage, you could grace my meal tray any time that you like. I bet that you take away the taste of that filth that American call Bubbles, and which I believe was turned effervescent by gasses emerging from hell.
catmndu and D3Kingg like this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 9:51 am

DFW-LAX
AA 2112 7:00am
Breakfast
First Class 8L

At the gate I see the plane being catered and am thinking there will be nothing to report .The usual Turkey sandwich or fruit and cheese .

But after takeoff I was offered a Turkey sandwich or .........................yogurt and granola.
So there you go folks. Strawberry Chobani yogurt with trail mix and blueberries.

Last edited by D3Kingg; Jan 14, 2021 at 10:01 am
Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
MIA-LAX
AA 2289 1:35pm
Lunch
Business class

Was delish!

Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
MIA-LAX
Lunch
Business class

Was delish!

That looks delish! If only we could get meals like this on the ~900 mile flights, I'd be quite content.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
MIA-LAX
Lunch
Business class

Was delish!

I had the salmon from that same menu and it was very tasty as well; absolutely loved the cheesecake. However, AA just changed the menu MIA LAX and dessert is now a horrible caramel tart that tastes awful and it's very hard to eat.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
I had the salmon from that same menu and it was very tasty as well; absolutely loved the cheesecake. However, AA just changed the menu MIA LAX and dessert is now a horrible caramel tart that tastes awful and it's very hard to eat.

I think I had that caramel tart on AA 4 a couple weeks ago. It was like a half inch thick layer of caramel. I like sweet candy/desert but that was way too much for me.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
CLT-LAX
AA 1721 17 Jan 20:35 ( 8:35pm )
Airbus A321-200
Main Cabin

Snack bag content

Apple juice that I requested at the rear galley as this flight is under 2200 miles and does not have a drink trolley service.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:26 am

[QUOTE=ISTFlyer;32978547]CLT-LAX
Airbus A321-200
Main Cabin

Snack bag content

Apple juice that I requested at the rear galley as this flight is under 2200 miles and does not have a drink trolley service.
Are the crew forbidden to serve in the Main Cabin? You do not need a trolley to offer drinks to everyone. God knows how many times that I have done so.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
I had the salmon from that same menu and it was very tasty as well; absolutely loved the cheesecake.
I flew MIA-LAX back in December a couple times and yes the cheesecake with raspberry swirl was amazing.
fly747first likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:51 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
[QUOTE=PUCCI GALORE;32979002]
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
CLT-LAX
Airbus A321-200
Main Cabin

Are the crew forbidden to serve in the Main Cabin? You do not need a trolley to offer drinks to everyone. God knows how many times that I have done so.
Flights less than 2200 miles in Y do not have a scheduled beverage service and drinks are only available "on request".

AA flight attendants reportedly did a study themselves and found that the risk of COVID-19 increases tenfold whenever the bring the beverage carts out on flights less than 2200 miles...
GrumpyYoungMan and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:51 am

[QUOTE=CLT;32979275]
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Flights less than 2200 miles in Y do not have a scheduled beverage service and drinks are only available "on request".

AA flight attendants reportedly did a study themselves and found that the risk of COVID-19 increases tenfold whenever the bring the beverage carts out on flights less than 2200 miles...
I see - thank you for that. So on flights over 2200 miles - which excludes practically the entire country - the risk is acceptable? Did these Flight Attendants consult a virologist or did they appoint themselves? Do they resond to call bells or does one have to traipse down the aircraft to beg refreshment?

Who actually runs American Airlines? Them? Or those who call themselves management?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.