Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:18 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Introduction
Welcome to the 2021 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on domestic service. Please post your meal/service experiences, including menus, photos, reports, questions, and service anecdotes.

To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include the route, time, and meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none). Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are rudimentary guidelines, but of course, the format/style is up to you.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected.

AA1: JFK-LAX: 3pm
Dinner
A321
First Class, 2A

(from here, share the menu and/or experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
Throwback mode? Go crazy!For the 2021 International Meals thread, click here.

Enjoy!

(h/t to MrAndy1369 for the format of this post)
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage
AA: SAN-DFW: 0630am
Breakfast
A321
First Class, 2C

Drink orders were taken after 10k with everything on offer.

Choice of:
Yogurt and fruit (prepackaged)
Turkey Sandwich (prepackaged)
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LAX-MIA
AA369
777-300ER
8:45a-4:30p
January 5, 2020
First Class

Basic Business Class service with a lot more space.
PDB today... water or water with no offer of anything else.

OK, now that looks pretty good.

And tasted even better than it looked. This was delicious and a great breakfast option.

Snack basket in the galley.

Nice flights and a great way to fly transcon.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by JODUBS
AA: SAN-DFW: 0630am
Breakfast
A321
First Class, 2C

Drink orders were taken after 10k with everything on offer.

Choice of:
Yogurt and fruit (prepackaged)
Turkey Sandwich (prepackaged)
Welcome to FlyerTalk, JODUBS!
JODUBS likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Just missed ya, SFO777. I took the red-eye on the 4th, but wish I had taken your flight instead. Mine was on a 777-200, and I ended up with my upgrade not clearing and being 5 out of 11 on the upgrade list! The flight in the back, even in the premium economy seat, was downright miserable, with no service other than 1 drink cart pass (no alcohol) and a biscoff cookie.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Just missed ya, SFO777. I took the red-eye on the 4th, but wish I had taken your flight instead. Mine was on a 777-200, and I ended up with my upgrade not clearing and being 5 out of 11 on the upgrade list! The flight in the back, even in the premium economy seat, was downright miserable, with no service other than 1 drink cart pass (no alcohol) and a biscoff cookie.
Ouch. As an EXP?? Your upgrade would have easily cleared this morning as we departed with at least 30 empty J seats. Our FA even announced that "we have a very light load today".
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
Ouch. As an EXP?? Your upgrade would have easily cleared this morning as we departed with at least 30 empty J seats. Our FA even announced that "we have a very light load today".
Yep. As an EXP. I only missed 2 upgrades in 2020, and already have missed 1 for 2021. Maybe looking at the glass half-full, I got it out of the way early?! It seems everybody had the same idea of wanting to travel Monday night instead of Tuesday morning.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MIA-PIT
AA4989
E75
7:05p-10:00p
January 5, 2020
First Class

Good thing I had dinner in the MIA Centurion Lounge as there was nothing other the "water-biscotti-sanitizer wipes" bag which was handed out to all passengers as we boarded. Then drink service in flight.

PIT-DFW
AA679
A319
7:15a-9:05a (arrival 45 minutes early )
January 7, 2020
First Class

PIT Admirals Club was closed except for rebooking assistance. However, despite their website claiming it was also closed, The Club (now beautifully expanded) was open albeit with limited cold food selections. But excellent service.

In flight, choice of granola/yogurt plate or Margarine croissant (yeah that really sounds yummy) turkey/swiss sandwich. It was dry and pretty gross. Note to self: Start traveling with salt packets.

Now I'm really sorry that I read the label. Margarine croissant... and Manufactured by LSG.

DFW-LAX
AA1807
10:30a-12:05p
January 7, 2020
First Class

Choice of (another) turkey sandwich or the Fruit (4 lonely grapes) and (processed) Cheese plate. The (bitter) chocolate was terrible, although no doubt cheaper than Ghirardelli chocolate squares.

Old Jan 7, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
SFO777, you should do consulting work for LSG Skychefs. Your pictures make their products look edible.
SFO777 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:53 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
AA776 DFW LAX 3:30pm 1/7
A321 Neo First Class seat 3B (moved to 3A)

Plastic bag with sanitizer wipe , mini water , and biscuits upon boarding.

30 minutes into flight light snack Turkey havarti arugula on marble bread sandwich or fruit and cheese platter. The turkey sandwich was a little frozen but not as bad as it sounded. Dfw is very cold these days. Sandwich comes with chocolate chip cookie. Also Mayo packet. It was good. I ordered a Coke. The pax in front of me ordered rum and Coke.
Im on an irops tomorrow back to Dfw on the 77W in a flagship first seat. Will try the fruit and cheese platter and take better photos I’m feeling amateurish compared to SFO777

Last edited by D3Kingg; Jan 7, 2021 at 10:01 pm Reason: Corrections
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:03 pm

CUN-DFW
A321S

An early AM flight meant we only received the snack box. We were offered the plastic bag with water, wipes, and biscoff upon boarding. Attentive, proactive drink service in the air, even offered a refill as we were descending. AAplause cert gladly given to the attentive FA for the service.
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
LAX-DFW
AA 644 2:30pm
77W
snack

First Class 2G

PDB ! Because we returned back to the gate for 45 minutes due to weight balance. The flight was so premium cabin heavy with about 52 pax and only 60 in main cabin. Cargo was reloaded to the rear of the plane. Fair enough.

Choice of Turkey sandwich or cheese plate.
FAs were proactive helping people with connecting flights prior to landing at DFW.

Last edited by D3Kingg; Jan 8, 2021 at 10:38 pm
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:11 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
LAX-DFW
AA 644 2:30pm
77W
snack

First Class 2G

PDB ! Because we returned back to the gate for 45 minutes due to weight balance. The flight was so premium cabin heavy with about 52 pax and only 60 in main cabin. Cargo was reloaded to the rear of the plane. Fair enough.

Choice of Turkey sandwich or cheese plate.
FAs were proactive helping people with connecting flights prior to landing at DFW.

Your pictures said a thousand words. A sad snack with four grapes and "urine-sample-size" plastic cup of nuts. Beverage cart looks like it served in Vietnam, featuring the cheapest bottled water on the planet.

Perhaps the second Government bailout will allow AA to spend money on some upgrades.
SFO777, CLT, plinth857 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jcatman
... A sad snack with four grapes and "urine-sample-size" plastic cup of nuts....
This is the greatest description ever!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jcatman
SFO777, you should do consulting work for LSG Skychefs. Your pictures make their products look edible.
They could use some help with Marketing,,, "Margarine Croissant" how much would it take to upgrade that to Flaky Butter Croissant? and "MFG by" How about , Prepared and Packaged by ? and throw in a Mayo Pack, every Crappy Gas Station C/store has mayo packs to go with their "MFG" Sandwiches! RT
onanisland likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.