Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by VSLover
last night in F LAX-JFK. i opted for F to get the extra BA tier points...but overall it was a pretty lame experience. LAX flagship side of course still closed. plastic cups that the FA openly said she was ashamed to serve wine in. the meal (short ribs) was fine, as was the appetizer in terms of flavor.

but while i know it is the same J menu, it really it pitiful that even for transcon F where i am most others are paying over 1k each way that they are serving such a basic meal still.

and that bread roll. it was the size of a golf ball and about as soft.

Was this a red-eye, hence no dessert?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
if you’re on the 772, it will list as first on booking. Luckily when I’m traveling I switched from it to the larger 77W
130am seems to get diff planes a lot. Its a 737 Max 8 on WEd 10/13 but on 10/10 when I am on it its a 77W. That better not change as I am doing FFD upon arrival and then up to JFK for more FFD.

Doesnt it say First regardless though of 77W or 772. Like in the details section when you click for the class of service/food it just says First. Or are you referring to on the email?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Or maybe he requested to have the disgusting tart left off the plate

Actually was wondering same thing, is this the red eye or the 4pm 77W maybe? Because it is showing Snack or Brunch still for the red eye how it used to do pre Covid, at least for JFK. Was single tray and 2 choices not 4 for food but now its all single tray so irrelevent.

If that is the red eye then at least thats good that full dinner is being served..

But totally agree what a Joke that for what they charge thats what you get. The roll is by far the biggest crock. Why cant we have some warm rolls in a basket like before..

So happy FL/FFD coming back but whats the hold up on in fight food service
enviroian and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
130am seems to get diff planes a lot. Its a 737 Max 8 on WEd 10/13 but on 10/10 when I am on it its a 77W. That better not change as I am doing FFD upon arrival and then up to JFK for more FFD.

Doesnt it say First regardless though of 77W or 772. Like in the details section when you click for the class of service/food it just says First. Or are you referring to on the email?
I just checked the AA widebody schedule for LAX-MIA October 1-31 2021 and your plane type won't most likely change. The ones scheduled are the ones they fly. If you are on AA529/340/2289/2286/1535/1268 , you are safe.

Pleasantly surprised the released the widebody schedule 7 days early! Was looking forward to it to see if any of my scheduled flights will have plane changes. Happy to report that all plane configs stayed the same for my widebody routes.

Nice to see 2 class 77W for DFW-HNL still! MIA-LAS on 772 looks great, same with MIA-PHX on 787.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I just checked the AA widebody schedule for LAX-MIA October 1-31 2021 and your plane type won't most likely change. The ones scheduled are the ones they fly. If you are on AA529/340/2289/2286/1535/1268 , you are safe.

Pleasantly surprised the released the widebody schedule 7 days early! Was looking forward to it to see if any of my scheduled flights will have plane changes. Happy to report that all plane configs stayed the same for my widebody routes.

Nice to see 2 class 77W for DFW-HNL still! MIA-LAS on 772 looks great, same with MIA-PHX on 787.
Where do I find this AA wide body lost you mentioned ?

Why does the 130am get a 737 Max on some random days. the 777 just isn’t needed to be positioned on this days?

I feel pretty safe but the 1145pm (#340) seems always to be a lock but it gets in so early so this time I opted for the 130am 77W.

Just really hoping FFD will be open for breakfast given all the 77W’s on LAX/MIA right now.

Is that 787 you mentioned for PHX/MIA a 788 or 9?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PTahCha
oh sorry, i took the chocolate tart off and set to the side for more space on tray. but yes there was
PTahCha likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Or maybe he requested to have the disgusting tart left off the plate

Actually was wondering same thing, is this the red eye or the 4pm 77W maybe? Because it is showing Snack or Brunch still for the red eye how it used to do pre Covid, at least for JFK. Was single tray and 2 choices not 4 for food but now its all single tray so irrelevent.

If that is the red eye then at least thats good that full dinner is being served..

But totally agree what a Joke that for what they charge thats what you get. The roll is by far the biggest crock. Why cant we have some warm rolls in a basket like before..

So happy FL/FFD coming back but whats the hold up on in fight food service

it was a 2pm LAX-JFK 4 choice full meal indeed.

well, "full" meal. (and as noted, i moved the tart aside to make more room but youre right the tart was not...good.)
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:42 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
This was today’s effort on the MIA-PHL AA376 in F. Was alright - choice was a turkey sandwich or some veggie cheese sandwich thing. I went protein.
The crackers were random - could have done with a few cubes of cheese or something. Otherwise - yeah, not bad. And drinks were free flowing, so can’t complain.

Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Less than 30 days to a Flagship Business flight from MIA-LAX but no prompt to pre-order my meal. Any suggestions?

-Paul
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Paul510
Less than 30 days to a Flagship Business flight from MIA-LAX but no prompt to pre-order my meal. Any suggestions?

-Paul
A previous post about 8 days ago said there is no pre-ordering on the west coast MIA or BOS flights, only on JFK Flagship flights.
Paul510 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
This was today’s effort on the MIA-PHL AA376 in F. Was alright - choice was a turkey sandwich or some veggie cheese sandwich thing. I went protein.
The crackers were random - could have done with a few cubes of cheese or something. Otherwise - yeah, not bad. And drinks were free flowing, so can’t complain.

Ive had that sandwich a few times between DFW-MIA and just refuse it now. I assume the sandwich is equal to what they serve in prisons. Inedible bread and labeled/described by the FA as “protein” makes it worse. The crackers are terrible alone too.
enviroian and jamabam like this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:47 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Ive had that sandwich a few times between DFW-MIA and just refuse it now. I assume the sandwich is equal to what they serve in prisons. Inedible bread and labeled/described by the FA as “protein” makes it worse. The crackers are terrible alone too.
Agree it wasn’t exactly Michelin star quality dining - but at that point I’d had a crazy busy day and would have eaten a scabby pig, so I was happy to eat something, and it was better than zero.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
PHL-MIA 738 2A
Turkey Pastrami or Pimento sandwich. Still awful. Both of these 2 are inedible, the other cycles are somewhat edible.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:59 pm

I’m still confused why the giant label PROTEIN is so necessary.
corky, enviroian, Woofbite and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by jamabam
I’m still confused why the giant label PROTEIN is so necessary.
My guess is to make it easier for the FA to know which is which, considering most the times the bread is the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.