Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
When will we get over the "serve all at once" fetish? It is low rent and insulting. Nobody can make a compelling case that it is "safer" that way. European airlines are serving normal food in the normal way. The virus is no excuse.
You mean after the 10K chime goes off the flight attendants all get up (after putting down their People mags lol), do the drink service the immediately bring out your food? I don't like it either. Next week I'm flying MIA-LHR. I will request when I get my tito's and NUTS that may I please wait to have dinner after a few cocktails first. Do you think I'll be met with resistance?
VaBeachGirl and madmanshoney like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by jcatman
Sounds like that 772 aircraft is tired. Do I see the Zodiac seat configuration?
Zodiac indeed.... No storage on the side like the B/E, crappier IFE than B/E, coffin feeling seats & you get to rock in your seat too.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Flying Flagship First LAX-BOS on a flight showing lunch. Why isn't pre-ordering offered?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:36 pm

JFK-SNA 430pm
Dinner321T
Business Class
​​​​​​spinach and gouda stuffed chicken. Meal was pretty good. The cardboard packaged roll was really nasty. Service on board was excellent all around. Really hope the plastic and paper cups go away soon!

Last edited by lunchtime; Sep 15, 2021 at 11:46 pm
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by lunchtime
​​​​​​spinach and gouda stuffed chicken. Meal was pretty good. The cardboard packaged roll was really nasty. Service on board was excellent all around. Really hope the plastic and paper cups go away soon!
Did you flip the tray around, or did they serve it that way?
kelix likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by enviroian
I will request when I get my tito's and NUTS that may I please wait to have dinner after a few cocktails first. Do you think I'll be met with resistance?
Probably. Let us know how that goes.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Flying Flagship First LAX-BOS on a flight showing lunch. Why isn't pre-ordering offered?
The only flagship transcon routes AA is currently offering J/F pre-ordering on are JFK-LAX/SNA/SFO. It's been that way for the last year. Don't bother asking why. Nobody knows.

-FlyerBeek
SFO777, wrp96 and Spanish like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
You mean after the 10K chime goes off the flight attendants all get up (after putting down their People mags lol), do the drink service the immediately bring out your food? I don't like it either. Next week I'm flying MIA-LHR. I will request when I get my tito's and NUTS that may I please wait to have dinner after a few cocktails first. Do you think I'll be met with resistance?
Even pre-COVID American crew has always hated delaying the service on a TATL flight. If you are in F they'll usually be ok with requests to slow things down but in J it's always been rushed.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Even pre-COVID American crew has always hated delaying the service on a TATL flight. If you are in F they'll usually be ok with requests to slow things down but in J it's always been rushed.
That's particularly true on flights ex JFK since these are extremely short
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
My flight today (from ORD) has real AA branded plastic cups again. Maybe the generic plastic cup era is over.
wrp96 and keyw like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
My flight today (from ORD) has real AA branded plastic cups again. Maybe the generic plastic cup era is over.
Or not. My ASE-PHX flight featured the smaller, generic plastic cups still....but your post gives me hope!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Flying Mia-LAX within the next two months. It says on AA2283 that refrehsments will be served in Flagship Business. I'll still get a meal tho right? I mean they serve it to first class. Also should there's still bedding, right?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
sorry 2289
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:12 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jcatman
Won't be long before passengers will be expected to supply their own ice.
That was the SOP on DL throughout 2020.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
Flying Mia-LAX within the next two months. It says on AA2283 that refrehsments will be served in Flagship Business. I'll still get a meal tho right? I mean they serve it to first class. Also should there's still bedding, right?
Noticed that also, very weird. No way F gets a meal and J doesnt. Has to be a mistake. All the J flights say Refreshments for a few week stretch there.

Bedding who knows. Just depends if they load it in or not. If they dont you will get some BS excuse. Hit and miss on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.