Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by michael1023
is it me, or are these sandwiches really not too appetizing...
I had two last week and thought both were good. Not great, but definitely not bad.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: WN Companion Pass/AA Plat Admirals Club/SQ Solitaire
HNL-PHX in J the most disgusting "taco salad" last night. The meat smelled BAD! Not to mention it was next to impossible to open the container. It was served on a tray though
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by bo94114
HNL-PHX in J the most disgusting "taco salad" last night. The meat smelled BAD! Not to mention it was next to impossible to open the container. It was served on a tray though
Did you look at the expiration date?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
See the thread on domestic meal service.

However, the answer to your question will depend on when you're flying, as the meals are in flux.
I did read through it.. i guess i was hoping for more of a “favorite” type thing or a stay away from thing like that taco salad comment. Thank you for tips i see things are not standard at this time
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:49 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I had two last week and thought both were good. Not great, but definitely not bad.
I much preferred the previous turkey croissant/sandwich to the new one, I've left my sandwich 2/3 uneaten most of the time. Only advantage for me is the fruit.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by S80
I much preferred the previous turkey croissant/sandwich to the new one, I've left my sandwich 2/3 uneaten most of the time. Only advantage for me is the fruit.
I ate every last crumb on both last week. One was the lunch turkey pastrami sandwich, and one was the breakfast turkey sandwich. I never had the prior turkey one so can't compare. The side salads and brownies were also good.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:03 pm
S80

Originally Posted by S80
I ate every last crumb on both last week. One was the lunch turkey pastrami sandwich, and one was the breakfast turkey sandwich. I never had the prior turkey one so can't compare. The side salads and brownies were also good.
I have not had the breakfast one, only the lunch/dinner one. Yes, the brownies are to die for, but so was the previous chocolate chip cookie.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
From a AUS-CLT flight about 10 days ago. The chicken and couscous salad was a bit slimy and I ate it with some trepidation but had no ill effects. I miss the previous sandwich or fruit+cheese plate option.

I will say the fruit was fresh and a higher end mix (melons, blueberries, strawberry, raspberry) than what one would typically see on a flight. The tub of dressing made no sense.

Carfield likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:03 pm
S80

Originally Posted by Stripe
From a AUS-CLT flight about 10 days ago. The chicken and couscous salad was a bit slimy and I ate it with some trepidation but had no ill effects. I miss the previous sandwich or fruit+cheese plate option.

I will say the fruit was fresh and a higher end mix (melons, blueberries, strawberry, raspberry) than what one would typically see on a flight. The tub of dressing made no sense.

Out of curiosity, how was the cinnamon churro bar? I've only ever received a brookie bar (combination of brownie and cookie).
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by S80
Out of curiosity, how was the cinnamon churro bar? I've only ever received a brookie bar (combination of brownie and cookie).
Good! Although I liked the brookie bar better.
S80 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: Independent
Got more or less the same thing FLL-BOS today, but not in a box. andwhich was inedible. Dry, funky.

AA Meal FLL-BOS 8_17_21
Carfield likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 3:53 pm

What meal (or lack of it) should I expect on ORD-SFO flight (1846 miles) I have on Sunday 3:28 PM departure?
Haven’t flown domestic F since July so not sure if I need to eat at the airport.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gateH15
What meal (or lack of it) should I expect on ORD-SFO flight (1846 miles) I have on Sunday 3:28 PM departure?
Haven’t flown domestic F since July so not sure if I need to eat at the airport.
Pretty much something very similar to the post above yours.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill
PHX-MCO A 321 9AM departure
No PDB, FA very attentive... and apologetic. She wasnt thrilled serving the meals but its all she could do.

Sliced turkey roll on a ice cold bun with sun dried tomato and cream cheese spread and a slice of some kind of cheese.

MCO-PHX A321 8:51 departure.

No PDB drink, the FA stood up exactly once from the jump seat during the flight. To serve the "meal". He sat there playing on his phone the entire flight.

A lady boarded and loudly announced to everyone in First.... "My son has a peanut allergy, nobody can have any peanuts anywhere near him"

This was described as Salmon and a Bagel. Weirdest bagel Ive ever seen. The salmon was shredded and looked more like tuna.

A smarter thing would have been to grab a bagel and cream cheese from the club.
We had this on 2 flights in a row. For flights that depart after 9 am in would be nice if they could eliminate the yogurt and granola but offer a better sandwich and a salad.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by rvolkcpa
We had this on 2 flights in a row. For flights that depart after 9 am in would be nice if they could eliminate the yogurt and granola but offer a better sandwich and a salad.
Still, they look pretty bad... the inflight division should be AAshamed
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.