Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by corky
And today I was on LOT flying to Warsaw....2+ hour flight at 10:30am. All glass and china...even for water.Roll was room temp, not ice cold and butter was soft. A later 1 hour flight also on the Polish airline that was at 3:30 in the afternoon had a cold meal....some sliced ham, roll, cheese and small salad....again with glassware.
We don't even need to go overseas to realize how cheAAp our beloved airline has become. B6, DL, and HA are using real glassware in F/J.

Last edited by fly747first; Sep 4, 2021 at 9:41 pm
Old Sep 5, 2021, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by fly747first
We don't even need to go overseas to realize how cheAAp our beloved airline has become. B6, DL, and HA are using real glassware in F/J.
DL has brought back glassware? Didn't know that. I knew about B6 and HA, but those are "edge cases." If DL has done it, the others will have to follow now.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
DL has brought back glassware? Didn't know that. I knew about B6 and HA, but those are "edge cases." If DL has done it, the others will have to follow now.
So far, seems like DL brought back glassware to domestic D1 flights on 9/1; not sure about non-D1 routes. I flew MIA LAX 77W F last week and AA is still using plastic cups except they ran out of the regular ones and now they are giving out drinks in much smaller plastic cups... pAAthetic
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly747first
So far, seems like DL brought back glassware to domestic D1 flights on 9/1; not sure about non-D1 routes. I flew MIA LAX 77W F last week and AA is still using plastic cups except they ran out of the regular ones and now they are giving out drinks in much smaller plastic cups... pAAthetic
Yeah, checked the DL food thread, looks like all domestic? Well done. I think we'll see UA follow next, followed by AA last (of course). Utterly pathetic in three-cabin "F".
fly747first likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Sept 6th AA306 A321T JFK-LAX 5pm departure
*THIS IS MCE, NOT PREMIUM CABIN*
Also pretzels AND biscoff cookie offered 1hr prior to landing. Wish AA has this type of catering on all transcon/semi-transcon routes..
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Been flying a lot of AeroMexico recently back and forth JFK/MEX. Service blows all US carriers out of the water right now*. Full pre-COVID service (including...gasp...real glassware!) They've also stepped up their food game to the point the meals are actually quite good. It really says something when AM is so vastly superior to every single US carrier. I'm guessing those AM wine glasses are specially protected from COVID, otherwise I really would have been at risk!

* Except B6 Mint, which obviously has super double secret COVID protection on their glassware.
absolutely agree...I flew SEA-MEX-SEA recently and I was very impressed! I posted a couple pics in a AM Catering thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33548212-post110.html
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Originally Posted by 985X
Sept 6th AA306 A321T JFK-LAX 5pm departure
*THIS IS MCE, NOT PREMIUM CABIN*
Also pretzels AND biscoff cookie offered 1hr prior to landing. Wish AA has this type of catering on all transcon/semi-transcon routes..
Does this mean that transcon routes are catered in main cabin? Or is this new/not consistent
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rill2503456
Does this mean that transcon routes are catered in main cabin? Or is this new/not consistent
Snack for EXP in Y, maybe?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Snack for EXP in Y, maybe?
Originally Posted by rill2503456
AA has been passing out the snack box in economy on the A321T LAX/SFO-JFK route only (which used to have free food in economy pre-covid). I saw that I think the "fresh box" is supposed to start being given out on that route in the back as well soon.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:02 pm
Suspended

So I have to ask, why/how did AA cheapen out anymore than already and got rid of their branded plastic cups?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
9/3 SEA-DFW, 3:35p departure

Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
SAN-ORD
Sep 8 2021

The other option was a Caprese Sandwich which was served with potato salad and an arugula salad.

I took the Quinoa Salad with Sliced Beef, which tasted fresh and refreshing. If it was presented better (no plastic) and had a better dessert, I'd say it was far above many pre-pandemic AA offerings.

Carfield, 985X and madmanshoney like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I took the Quinoa Salad with Sliced Beef, which tasted fresh and refreshing. If it was presented better (no plastic) and had a better dessert, I'd say it was far above many pre-pandemic AA offerings.

God forbid that AA would actually plate the salad properly. The plastic container is pathetic.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
God forbid that AA would actually plate the salad properly. The plastic container is pathetic.
Do you have any idea how many lives that would endanger?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Ditching the plastic

Do you have any idea how many lives that would endanger?
This is sarcastic, right???? It is well established that the virus is not being transmitted by surfaces. Thus there is no excuse for plastic containers, plastic wrapped food, plastic glasses. To make the point more emphatically, European carriers are serving meals in courses (not all at once), serving on regular dishware, using proper glasses, and no longer using the wasteful plastic wrapping. There are no virtue signaling points given out for stupid gestures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.