Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by _kurt
It's clearly cold roast beef, no? The fruit looks pretty good. The corn and bean salad and shredded cheese look gross and the hummus looks pathetic. How can you mess up hummus? And on exactly what part of this meal was the "Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing" meant to be used?

I'd call this a "Fruit and Beef Plate" because those are the parts I would have eaten
I had this a few flights ago -- the beef is on top of a pile of quinoa with some sort of sauce. It was a good amount of beef and it was a much better version of roast beef than the "turkey" or "turkey pastrami" BS is of those respective meats, even if it was still less than great.

I am not a quinoa fan but it wasn't terrible quinoa.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Paul510
Less than 30 days to a Flagship Business flight from MIA-LAX but no prompt to pre-order my meal. Any suggestions?

-Paul
What flight number?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Paul510
Less than 30 days to a Flagship Business flight from MIA-LAX but no prompt to pre-order my meal. Any suggestions?

-Paul
There's still no pre-order available on the MIA-LAX Flagship routes. It's been this way for over a year and is discussed weekly here. Only JFK-LAX-JFK, JFK-SFO-JFK, and JFK-SNA flagship flights are allowing pre-orders in J/F.

-FlyerBeek
-
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Flying LAX-DFW today at 1:37. Will I get the infamous PROTEIN sandwich or is there just a snack basket on this flight?

Last edited by enviroian; Sep 28, 2021 at 2:17 pm Reason: fast finger error
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by enviroian
Flying LAX-DGW today at 1:37. Will I get the infamous PROTEIN sandwich or is there just a snack basket on this flight?
You should get a choice of PROTEIN or veggie something. Whether it will be edible or not is questionable.
enviroian, SFO777, SKYEG and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Flying LAX-DGW today at 1:37.
Converse County Airport, Douglas, Wyoming? Wouldn't that be an Eagle flight?
Bradhattan and S80 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
You should get a choice of PROTEIN or veggie something. Whether it will be edible or not is questionable.
inedible.

gross.

“steak” was roast beef.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I hope all of you are complaining to Customer Relations about the food. While they can't solve the problem they do keep track of complaints and provide stats and comments to the appropriate department managers.
FlyDeltaMD88 and jamabam like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:50 pm
Suspended

At least there's actual pita chips now and not those other weird "chips".
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I hope all of you are complaining to Customer Relations about the food. While they can't solve the problem they do keep track of complaints and provide stats and comments to the appropriate department managers.
already did.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
At least there's actual pita chips now and not those other weird "chips".
best part of the meal.

Sad.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I could create a meal that is more tasty, fresh, visually appealing, and enjoyable by stopping at 7-Eleven and grabbing some stuff from their cooler on the way to the airport. Convenience stores have better food than American Airlines. In fact, I think that's what I'm going to do on my next flight. Can I get all that stuff through security? I'm thinking I could get a nice salad, some cheese sticks, some club crackers, a slice of cheesecake, etc.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:08 am

“steak” was roast beef.
Now that we know the name of this entrée... I'm confused. How can you call something a taco salad when there are no taco shells or tortilla chips involved? It would be better referred to as a southwest salad. Was that little cup with the red rim at least some kind of southwest dressing as opposed to the oil and vinegar Drwaz99 received?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

09/26/2021
AA1317 ORD-DEN B738 5pm departure

Pax across the aisle didn't believe it's turkey and asked FA to take the tray away..
​​
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:39 am

9/27/2021
AA2286 LAX-MIA 01:00 Departure
Flagship Meal Service
Non-Casper Bedding

Short rib was excellent. Tender but not greasy. Sauce was tasty. Dessert was dry. Had a bite and passed on the rest. Bread was cold and dry. App was really good too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.