Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
SAN-ORD
Sep 8 2021

The other option was a Caprese Sandwich which was served with potato salad and an arugula salad.

I took the Quinoa Salad with Sliced Beef, which tasted fresh and refreshing. If it was presented better (no plastic) and had a better dessert, I'd say it was far above many pre-pandemic AA offerings.

Pretty good for that route; last time I flew that one it was grubens or cheese plate.

Can't stand those grain chips though. AA needs to stop pretending their inflight offering is meant to be healthy and just give us a bag of Ms. Vickies.
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
This is sarcastic, right????
Yes, it was sarcastic.
rhg247, roadtriper and jamabam like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
A couple of weeks ago I had a “plated box” for breakfast JFK-DFW.

2 pieces of lox
shrink wrapped bagel
Fruit
Onions and capers
Flavored Greek yogurt

The bagel was of the sad admirals club kind but I was actually very satisfied with the meal, maybe since it exceeded my very low expectations from seeing photos of these 90% shelf-stable bread sandwiches.
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
So I have to ask, why/how did AA cheapen out anymore than already and got rid of their branded plastic cups?
I asked the crew on my last flight and they said that it is only temporary because apparently AA is out of stock but who knows if it's true or not, I mean, this is AA we are talking about...
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 12:46 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
SAN-ORD
Sep 8 2021

The other option was a Caprese Sandwich which was served with potato salad and an arugula salad.
I took the Quinoa Salad with Sliced Beef, which tasted fresh and refreshing. If it was presented better (no plastic) and had a better dessert, I'd say it was far above many pre-pandemic AA offerings.
Reading the tea leaves of announcements from the beginning of Covid that foretold less heated entrees over fresh updated catering, and catering staffing issues I’d say this is a future option. The fruit and apps have always been assembled by the caterer but I doubt agreements or staffing are in place to assemble this entree locally.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
I asked the crew on my last flight and they said that it is only temporary because apparently AA is out of stock but who knows if it's true or not, I mean, this is AA we are talking about...
These same cups are appearing on DL flights as well. Apparently Wessco supplies the cups for multiple airlines and is having supply chain issues, along with everyone else.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Won't be long before passengers will be expected to supply their own ice.
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:09 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bradfrancini

Under the "BRANDY AND LIQUEURS" heading, where is the brandy?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 8:34 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
SAN-ORD
Sep 8 2021

I accidentally took the Caprese sandwich yesterday. It was way better than any of the previous sandwiches (not counting the croissant). The return of metal cutlery and a proper napkin was greatly appreciated.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Sept 12th, MIA-LAX AA1061 (Sept 13th 12:10am actual departure)

Okay this was something I would never imagine. I was way down the UG list sitting in PE bulkhead, a pax in J came over and asked if I would like to switch seats with him so he could sit with brother together in PE. I had to ask him twice to make sure he wanted to give up his lie-flat for a seat swap. What a nice guy!

Also this flight was a disaster. First delAAyed due to high cabin temp, then delAAyed due to brakes went MX, then delAAyed due to loading the bags, delAAyed again due to unruly pax refuse to get off the plane and had to get LE involved, finally delAAyed on tarmac for another half an hour. When pilot announced "flights attendants please ready for takeoff" the entire cabin started clapping lol. Landed LA 2:10am, didn't get my bags until 2:45am. Went to bed at 4:30am.
chrisny2, enviroian, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by 985X

Okay this was something I would never imagine. I was way down the UG list sitting in PE bulkhead, a pax in J came over and asked if I would like to switch seats with him so he could sit with brother together in PE. I had to ask him twice to make sure he wanted to give up his lie-flat for a seat swap. What a nice guy!

Also this flight was a disaster. First delAAyed due to high cabin temp, then delAAyed due to brakes went MX, then delAAyed due to loading the bags, delAAyed again due to unruly pax refuse to get off the plane and had to get LE involved, finally delAAyed on tarmac for another half an hour. When pilot announced "flights attendants please ready for takeoff" the entire cabin started clapping lol. Landed LA 2:10am, didn't get my bags until 2:45am. Went to bed at 4:30am.
Uggh what a nightmare indeed. Nice upgrade though.

I have to say I am so SICK of that freaking stupid tart. Its nothing, its crap. Also, the cold chicken app is disgraceful. Why cant we have a nice app, a salad, a sundae cart & a cheese plate like before Covid. Be LAX-MIA-LAX in 3 weeks and just hoping something as far as the menu/catering changes by then.

At least it was plated normal again but still no glasses.

What was the bedding situation, or was there none? Also, still no PDB ? Hot towel or still not yet?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Uggh what a nightmare indeed. Nice upgrade though.

I have to say I am so SICK of that freaking stupid tart. Its nothing, its crap. Also, the cold chicken app is disgraceful. Why cant we have a nice app, a salad, a sundae cart & a cheese plate like before Covid. Be LAX-MIA-LAX in 3 weeks and just hoping something as far as the menu/catering changes by then.

At least it was plated normal again but still no glasses.

What was the bedding situation, or was there none? Also, still no PDB ? Hot towel or still not yet?
It is nice to see that ramekin of nuts there isn't it though
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by 985X

Sounds like that 772 aircraft is tired. Do I see the Zodiac seat configuration?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
It is nice to see that ramekin of nuts there isn't it though
Lol, I honestly missed that in my first look.

I was just so ticked off to see that pathetic cold chicken app and that same Tart i feel like i see that Tart in my sleep and its a bad dream. Serve a warm cookie, a brownie, a piece of cake, a panna cotta. Anything but that tart that has a hard as a rock crust and then is way to sweet. Weak Af.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
When will we get over the "serve all at once" fetish? It is low rent and insulting. Nobody can make a compelling case that it is "safer" that way. European airlines are serving normal food in the normal way. The virus is no excuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.