Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Have a flight booked (IND-LAX) for Jan 14. It says "Dinner" and I was given the "Choose your meal" option, however, it doesn't' work! You cannot choose anything!
The vacuum tubes were not set up for "PROTEIN" or "VEGGIE"
jcatman, ceebee100, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by 747kona
any data points on sundaes recently on the OGG-DFW redeyes? Specifically asking ex-OGG and not the other direction.
Personally haven't flown this route recently, but I remember reading a trip report here recently that specifically said the sundaes wasn't being catered ex-OGG.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:33 pm

How does the current dining situation compare to flex meals on Amtrak?
jcatman likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 747kona
any data points on sundaes recently on the OGG-DFW redeyes? Specifically asking ex-OGG and not the other direction.
I flew OGG-DFW in early December. The sundaes are listed on the menu, but apparently they are currently not being catered in OGG according to the F/A. Fruit and cheese plate for you! LOL
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
Did a quick mileage run today, 12/30

HPN-DCA, PSA CR7: No service in Y, got beverage of choice (in plastic cups) and snack basket in F.
DCA-HPN, PSA CR7: No service in Y, got beverage of choice (in plastic cups) and graham cracker thingies in F. Also had a FA in training.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:58 pm

the sundaes have only been back for what...a couple of days? Since right before Christmas?
I think it's premature for those of us who know AA to expect much in the way of consistent catering of them where they're supposed to be for at least a month or two.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
the sundaes have only been back for what...a couple of days? Since right before Christmas?
I think it's premature for those of us who know AA to expect much in the way of consistent catering of them where they're supposed to be for at least a month or two.
No, sundaes have been back (at least on the flagship routes that should cater them) since early November. Personally, I don't think it's too much to expect an airline to be able to cater what's on its printed menu. But, as you aptly say, "for those of us who know AA..."

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Hmmm... seemed better than the AA sandwich!
I had the sad Delta turkey sandwich box on Monday and the AA turkey sandwich on the way home yesterday and as far as sandwiches go, AA's was HANDS DOWN better by a couple of orders of magnitude.
I find it odd Delta is bragging about their offering right now; they should have "I'm sorry" cards in there instead. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Have a flight booked (IND-LAX) for Jan 14. It says "Dinner" and I was given the "Choose your meal" option, however, it doesn't' work! You cannot choose anything!
Last night I booked a CLT-AUS dinner flight in February and got all excited when it said I could choose my meal within 30 days of departure. I should have known better.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:02 pm

Still wondering how domestic meals compare to flex meals on Amtrak. I think Amtrak wins:
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Still wondering how domestic meals compare to flex meals on Amtrak. I think Amtrak wins:
Personally I'd rather have a cold meal over a TV dinner so would go with the AA F meal.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Amtrak has returned full dining car service on Western Trains, I know Eastern Trains have gotten the short end of the stick for a while. I think still maybe a dinning car on the Auto Train?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.