Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
I actually like the 1 tray idea, minus dessert part. I really wish they still had ice cream. I like being served all my food at once.
Now we disagree LOL

Cant stand all at once. Why I wont fly Jet Blue Mint (and no cheese plate and always just nothing ice cream for dessert, nothing creative and no sundae).
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Nice, I love Nola. Nasvhille, Charleston & Nola are my favs for food, in the US. Of course NY & SF too. I actually think we are overrated here for food in LA. Like SD more.

At any rate, yes the 77W is great for LAX/MIA. You cant beat this route, if you get the bedding its a great plus. And the price is great always. Its $399 right now one way for October & November. Thats insane.
As someone who went to NY this year, I liked all LA food better but.. the hot dogs. Those things are 1M times better in NY. SF, have been once, and I haven't gone to Charleston/Nashville. I think I got my flight for around $499 apiece. Might've been $599 but think it was 4. For lie flats, meal, lounge access, and priority, killer deal.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:22 am

Now we disagree LOL

Cant stand all at once. Why I wont fly Jet Blue Mint (and no cheese plate and always just nothing ice cream for dessert, nothing creative and no sundae).
I know people who say that Mint is better than Flagship. Agree to disagree.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:27 am

I know people who say that Mint is better than Flagship. Agree to disagree.
In Covid times it probably is.

But with FL back no way. And once normal meals come back no way. FFD for F... FFCI... All Vs. No lounge and 3 little portions all served at once. No Thx

But yes agree to disagree.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:29 am

In Covid times it probably is.

But with FL back no way. And once normal meals come back no way. FFD for F... FFCI... All Vs. No lounge and 3 little portions all served at once. No Thx

But yes agree to disagree.
I heard new FL food is super good at JFK and will be network-wide superbly good. Should be exciting. Plus Pre-Covid videos
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So very excited that we are flying again MIA-LAX-MIA in two weeks so wanted to see what the current menu onboard was. We did this route in May i think and found it great (first time on the 777-300 so just excited overall lol) This time I am more excited that FL is open BUT i think i was excited for the wrong reasons, I thought we would get to try out Flagship Dining and I think our business ticket doesn't allow that right??? just First even though it says flagship, that is only access to the FL lounge? Either case, its not uber disappointing because without covid prices we never would have even been able to try the FL lounge in general so just happy that it will be open for our trip. But does anyone have a recent menu from the MIA-LAX-MIA routes? Particularly the outbound as I think I will probably be asleep like last time on the return.

Just to check with everyone, i still don't see an option to reserve meal?

eta: just scrolled for a bit, looks like the same menu from May.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually like the 1 tray idea, minus dessert part. I really wish they still had ice cream. I like being served all my food at once.
One of the things that I dislike about all at once is that the size of the tray has shrunk and there is very little room between plates. Where are we supposed to put all the foil and plastic wrap that everything is covered with? And didn't they used to always serve ice cream in gasses? Since we are no longer allowed to have glasses (for our own protection and safety ) they would have to serve ice cream in the plastic cups. No toppings as that would surely be a super spreader event.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
So very excited that we are flying again MIA-LAX-MIA in two weeks so wanted to see what the current menu onboard was. We did this route in May i think and found it great (first time on the 777-300 so just excited overall lol) This time I am more excited that FL is open BUT i think i was excited for the wrong reasons, I thought we would get to try out Flagship Dining and I think our business ticket doesn't allow that right??? just First even though it says flagship, that is only access to the FL lounge? Either case, its not uber disappointing because without covid prices we never would have even been able to try the FL lounge in general so just happy that it will be open for our trip. But does anyone have a recent menu from the MIA-LAX-MIA routes? Particularly the outbound as I think I will probably be asleep like last time on the return.

Just to check with everyone, i still don't see an option to reserve meal?

eta: just scrolled for a bit, looks like the same menu from May.
so yeah flagship business ticket doesn’t get access to fl dining. Only for F pax. However yes you would get FL access. The bedding situation might be a mess, but there will probably be Casper pillow and blanket. Please report back on the food. Website on AA says some J flights have refreshments but still get meals. Meal reserving is still unavailable
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
so yeah flagship business ticket doesn’t get access to fl dining. Only for F pax
EXP's can.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I'm missing pre-order also. I don't understand why they wouldn't bring it back on all Flagship First flights, such as LAX-BOS. Can anyone confirm that they are still taking meal orders in F from front to back on eastbound flights and back to front on westbound, or is it by whether the flight is even numbered or odd numbered, or is it now just whatever the F/A feels like doing ?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:00 pm

American airlines food from dfw?

Hello, I am flying american airlines main cabin extra from dfw to ogg in about a month, since meal service is suspended could anyone report on what the "snack box" that is provided entails so I can plan accordingly? TIA
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
That was the SOP on DL throughout 2020.
Thoughts and prayers to DL passengers.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by hbtr
Preorder isn’t available for SNA-JFK, or at least it wasn’t last week.
I’m unsure if pre-order has ever been available on SNA-JFK since the route was launched this year. I do know it’s available on JFK-SNA.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:38 am

I'm forgetting the general feeling on the Breakfast enchilada, most people here liked it? LAX-JFK pre order coming up with the steel cut oatmeal, American breakfast (i like the potatoes and tomatoes but recall not being crazy about the eggs and I dont eat pork or beef so no go on the sausage). I believe Muesli is also available.. And then the enchilada.

Also, just wanting to know what is the starter and "dessert" for the Breakfast flights? Is it the same as Miami where you get fruit & yogurt as a starter and then some cheese to finish? In particular I would probably be down to try the enchilada if I knew I will get some fruit whether it be as the "starter" or at the end... I just enjoy some fruit for breakfast. The oatmeal obviously comes with fruit but if I recall over summer to MIA I did the oatmeal and ended up with almost too much fruit as it came with yogurt, then on top of the oatmeal and again more with cheese.

And lastly, where is the French toast I remember having on this route a few years ago- a casualty of Covid? I would take French toast over any of these choices.

Also was curious isnt this breakfast enchilada the same exact thing that is served on regular domestic routes offering breakfast? I thought the catering for LAX/SFO-JFK was supposed to be special.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Full Meal Service on Mid-Con!
Yesterday on AA 2639 ORD-SFO. Plus wine poured from big bottles, silver wear but no glass wear. Choice was turkey pastrami or cheese pimento sandwich with potato salad, small green salad and salted caramel bar, Things are getting better!
twa777 and Global321 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.