Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
I can offer nothing but withering criticism for the tragic Delta boxes. I don't know what is worse about them: the idea that a cold pathetic sandwich and chips is suitable for a long flight or the self congratulatory message on the inside of the box about the absence of touch points. I prefer what AA is doing hands down. As it stands now, I will not even consider flying Delta.
Hmmm... seemed better than the AA sandwich!
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Or gas station tacos. If AA could just get every gas station taqueria in DFW to make some al pastor (for the PROTEIN) and nopales (for the VEGAN) tacos, they'd have the best catering in the sky.
100%. I miss home.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:05 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
AA5336 IAD-CLT (PSA CR9) on 12/22 in F:

Standard PSA service on this flight (drinks + snack basket). FA strangely only greeted those seated on the "A" side of the cabin by name. Plastic supply-chain cups. Refills were offered and the FA commented how she was surprised someone could like AA's white wine so much.

Unrelated, but I would say 60-70% of the passengers on this flight were connecting from QR.

AA545 CLT-DCA (LUS A319) on 12/28 in Y:

Long upgrade list a la UA for this flight. Strange crew as well. They kept emphasizing through multiple PA announcements that "local management" was on the jet bridge during boarding to answer questions and would assist in gate checking bags and that "local management" is standing by etc. I haven't sat in an exit seat in a while, but I thought it was a FAR to get a verbal response in English in regard to exit seating compliance. The FA just took the safety card out and said "you are sitting in an exit window tonight, you might need to assist in an emergency" and then walked away. They kept the cabin lights on during take off which I thought was odd as well.

Seat belt signs came off relatively quick (before the crew were out in the aisle doing their service) and it looks like the Y FAs made passengers in the Y cabin use the F lav while they were getting their cart out...fair as it's a short flight and Y was full, however everyone who went to the lavatory (and was seated forward of the exit row) missed out on a drink. One FA said to the other FA "we missed about 4-5 people who were in the lav" and the other just shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well". All drinks were served in AA paper coffee cups, and everyone was offered a choice of biscoff or pretzels. I thought they had those corn nut things as a choice as well?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by CLT
AA5336 IAD-CLT (PSA CR9) on 12/22 in F:

Standard PSA service on this flight (drinks + snack basket). FA strangely only greeted those seated on the "A" side of the cabin by name. Plastic supply-chain cups. Refills were offered and the FA commented how she was surprised someone could like AA's white wine so much.

Unrelated, but I would say 60-70% of the passengers on this flight were connecting from QR.

AA545 CLT-DCA (LUS A319) on 12/28 in Y:

Long upgrade list a la UA for this flight. Strange crew as well. They kept emphasizing through multiple PA announcements that "local management" was on the jet bridge during boarding to answer questions and would assist in gate checking bags and that "local management" is standing by etc. I haven't sat in an exit seat in a while, but I thought it was a FAR to get a verbal response in English in regard to exit seating compliance. The FA just took the safety card out and said "you are sitting in an exit window tonight, you might need to assist in an emergency" and then walked away. They kept the cabin lights on during take off which I thought was odd as well.

Seat belt signs came off relatively quick (before the crew were out in the aisle doing their service) and it looks like the Y FAs made passengers in the Y cabin use the F lav while they were getting their cart out...fair as it's a short flight and Y was full, however everyone who went to the lavatory (and was seated forward of the exit row) missed out on a drink. One FA said to the other FA "we missed about 4-5 people who were in the lav" and the other just shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well". All drinks were served in AA paper coffee cups, and everyone was offered a choice of biscoff or pretzels. I thought they had those corn nut things as a choice as well?
Seems the only consistent thing with AA is being inconsistent.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I flew DFW-LAX the other day (breakfast flight) , and my meal was pretty decent... for what AA is currently offering. It was the turkey & swiss croissant sandwich (not soggy or half-frozen), with a side of blueberries and grapes (all fresh), deviled egg and 2 cheeses, and a cliff bar (not a fan of). My only complaint-- aside from no hot meal-- was that there were no condiments. Mustard and/or mayo for the sandwich and salt/pepper for the egg. I was even asked if I wanted a drink refill!!!

This actually would have been a good breakfast meal for an Eagle flight, given their aircraft have no ovens. And I would much rather have this than the "protein" sandwich on dinner flights.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Did 5 segments on Monday - 1 mainline and 4 on Eagle (3 PSA and 1 Republic). All in paid F.

Mainline sector had the sandwich meal and 4 FAs on an A321. Service was bad and it took over 90 minutes into a 3 hour flight before all of F had been served. 1 FA working, 3 reading magazines. Turkey sandwich option was ok; nothing exceptional, but edible. No proactive offers of drink refills. No interaction from the 3 FAs who had to catch up on their magazine reading and the sole FA servicing the F cabin was rushed off his feet.

Eagle sectors all had beverage and snack basket service. 2 FAs crewing on the regional jets (1 CRJ700, 2 CRJ900 and 1 E175 operated sector). Service on all the Eagle flights was excellent, prompt with plentiful offers of refills and multiple snack basket passes. Far better service and far more proactive FAs than the mainline flight.

Overall the catering offering is poor in my opinion at present, but thankfully the Eagle flights had excellent service from proactive FAs which made the experience enjoyable. Mainline flight was just poor, nothing more positive that I can say other than I was glad to get off and connect on an Eagle service to finish my journey.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Have there been any further announcements regarding when hot meals will return to regular domestic F? I thought it was sometime in January?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Have there been any further announcements regarding when hot meals will return to regular domestic F? I thought it was sometime in January?

-FlyerBeek
Have a flight booked (IND-LAX) for Jan 14. It says "Dinner" and I was given the "Choose your meal" option, however, it doesn't' work! You cannot choose anything!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
The announcement is coming in January.
jcatman likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by AAway
The announcement is coming in January.
Of what year?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by wrp96
Of what year?
The announcement is supposedly coming in January 2022. Hopefully that means hot meals in Q1 2022.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold.
Originally Posted by AAway
The announcement is supposedly coming in January 2022. Hopefully that means hot meals in Q1 2022.
March 31st, 2022. Got it.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Have a flight booked (IND-LAX) for Jan 14. It says "Dinner" and I was given the "Choose your meal" option, however, it doesn't' work! You cannot choose anything!
Those are your choices.
  1. Nothing
  2. Nothing
enviroian and ceebee100 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:19 pm

These wraps, Vs flex meals on Amtrak?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
Awesome to hear it's ALMOST like the old service. The fruit and cheese for dessert out of OGG is just odd. I know it was always offered as an alternative to the sundae, but I'm curious why no sundaes out of OGG, but you do get them on the way into Hawaii. Strange, but trying to figure out the "why" can get exhausting when you're talking about AA. LOL
any data points on sundaes recently on the OGG-DFW redeyes? Specifically asking ex-OGG and not the other direction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.