Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Noticed that also, very weird. No way F gets a meal and J doesnt. Has to be a mistake. All the J flights say Refreshments for a few week stretch there.

Bedding who knows. Just depends if they load it in or not. If they dont you will get some BS excuse. Hit and miss on this route.
yeah prob just a mistake is what i have been getting told a lot. I have been seeing bedding has been included on the recent routes. Yeah refreshments is prob just a glitch. If not, always can eat in the fl before going on the plane
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
The only flagship transcon routes AA is currently offering J/F pre-ordering on are JFK-LAX/SNA/SFO. It's been that way for the last year. Don't bother asking why. Nobody knows.

-FlyerBeek
Preorder isn’t available for SNA-JFK, or at least it wasn’t last week.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
yeah prob just a mistake is what i have been getting told a lot. I have been seeing bedding has been included on the recent routes. Yeah refreshments is prob just a glitch. If not, always can eat in the fl before going on the plane
Just realized 2289 is my flight in 3 weeks. Great flight time. To leave 730pm, have a full day in FL, arrive well after any traffic in LA and get home quick. I did F since FFD will be open. Cant wait.

I'll take a look for sure what J gets as far as meals and report back. But the Refreshments thing is a glitch for sure. In fact I see now on 1 day 1 flight has Lunch for J but 2 hours later it is Refreshments. Totally an error.

Unfortunately on the bedding though its just a toss up. You may get the small pillow and light blanket or the good pillow/blanket or absolutely nothing. Tbh, lately its been worse not better. Early 2021 and into summer bedding was there. Lately not as much.

Menu wise while pre Covid entree choices were diff for F and you got an additional course (soup) its the same menu now. I did this route 4 x in 2021 and it really is a let down as far as food. I'm sure you have seen its a cold chicken nothing crappy app, no salad & no sundae or cheese. No bread basket.

Awesome we can go to FL again but this is ridiculous on the in flight catering not getting back to normal. The hard cold roll is by far the worst of it all for me.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:49 am

Just realized 2289 is my flight in 3 weeks. Great flight time. To leave 730pm, have a full day in FL, arrive well after any traffic in LA and get home quick. I did F since FFD will be open. Cant wait.

I'll take a look for sure what J gets as far as meals and report back. But the Refreshments thing is a glitch for sure. In fact I see now on 1 day 1 flight has Lunch for J but 2 hours later it is Refreshments. Totally an error.

Unfortunately on the bedding though its just a toss up. You may get the small pillow and light blanket or the good pillow/blanket or absolutely nothing. Tbh, lately its been worse not better. Early 2021 and into summer bedding was there. Lately not as much.

Menu wise while pre Covid entree choices were diff for F and you got an additional course (soup) its the same menu now. I did this route 4 x in 2021 and it really is a let down as far as food. I'm sure you have seen its a cold chicken nothing crappy app, no salad & no sundae or cheese. No bread basket.

Awesome we can go to FL again but this is ridiculous on the in flight catering not getting back to normal. The hard cold roll is by far the worst of it all for me.
Someone will prob put their experience in here before we can, so we'll prob see what happens. I did hear though that they did start serving champagne as soon as you walk into FL, so it'll be a nice touch. I know people who flew the route in the summer, and bedding seemed to be normal. I mean all I can do is hope.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:52 am

Really hope my AA luck when flying their premium cabins continues. Had some good flights like DFW-HNL earlier this year.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:53 am

Someone will prob put their experience in here before we can, so we'll prob see what happens. I did hear though that they did start serving champagne as soon as you walk into FL, so it'll be a nice touch. I know people who flew the route in the summer, and bedding seemed to be normal. I mean all I can do is hope.
Well I guess its still summer but what i meant was more like the last few weeks bedding seems more hit and miss.

And yes hopefully someone will update on this "refreshments" nonsense for Business class
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:54 am

Really hope my AA luck when flying their premium cabins continues. Had some good flights like DFW-HNL earlier this year.
I enjoyed that flight also. And any time you get the amazing 789 to Hawaii thats a Win. Or even a 772 if thats what you were on, hopefully with the 789 seats though.

I like flying out of DFW. I know a lot of people say they dont but I enjoy it.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:56 am

I enjoyed that flight also. And any time you get the amazing 789 to Hawaii thats a Win. Or even a 772 if thats what you were on, hopefully with the 789 seats though.

I like flying out of DFW. I know a lot of people say they dont but I enjoy it.
Being based out of LAX, I don't connect through Dallas, but I had a prior trip to that. It was great cause we did have the 789 seats on the 772, and the connection wasn't horrible cause we went to the AMEX lounge
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:57 am

Well I guess its still summer but what i meant was more like the last few weeks bedding seems more hit and miss.

And yes hopefully someone will update on this "refreshments" nonsense for Business class
Its been going back and forth from like lunch and dinner to refreshments, I think the system is just legit being bonky cause all the flights with refreshments have gotten meals.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:08 am

Its been going back and forth from like lunch and dinner to refreshments, I think the system is just legit being bonky cause all the flights with refreshments have gotten meals.
I do think, however, that once the FL opens back in 11 days, the bedding will start having to be more consistent to keep up with offerings. One problem though about MIA-LAX is there is no preorder meals for all flights, even on dummy bookings. But AA has constantly surprised me in a good way. Plus they serve food to LAX MIA redeye so why not this flight.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:11 am

Being based out of LAX, I don't connect through Dallas, but I had a prior trip to that. It was great cause we did have the 789 seats on the 772, and the connection wasn't horrible cause we went to the AMEX lounge
I'm in LA too but will use DFW for the 789 all day. I can get to Nashville, Louisville, New Orleans & Charleston for all my Food weekends with ease. I'll do anything for a flat bed. Typically will use MIA too b/c of the great fares and the 77W.

I just love those B/E seats on the AA 789/772. Its a better seat and IFE than the 77W (and no complaints with that seat).
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:12 am

I do think, however, that once the FL opens back in 11 days, the bedding will start having to be more consistent to keep up with offerings. One problem though about MIA-LAX is there is no preorder meals for all flights, even on dummy bookings. But AA has constantly surprised me in a good way. Plus they serve food to LAX MIA redeye so why not this flight.
Hope you're right. Miss the pre order. And really want normal food service back.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:15 am

I'm in LA too but will use DFW for the 789 all day. I can get to Nashville, Louisville, New Orleans & Charleston for all my Food weekends with ease. I'll do anything for a flat bed. Typically will use MIA too b/c of the great fares and the 77W.

I just love those B/E seats on the AA 789/772. Its a better seat and IFE than the 77W (and no complaints with that seat).
I've been to New Orleans a lot. Like a lot lot. Like multiple times a year lot. From someone who flies primarily coach, getting to fly this 77W route in Business with a meal (refreshments stuff is kinda useless) and FL access will be amazing. Plus we'll probably get bedding (toss up)
miadukes likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:16 am

Hope you're right. Miss the pre order. And really want normal food service back.
I actually like the 1 tray idea, minus dessert part. I really wish they still had ice cream. I like being served all my food at once.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:18 am

I've been to New Orleans a lot. Like a lot lot. Like multiple times a year lot. From someone who flies primarily coach, getting to fly this 77W route in Business with a meal (refreshments stuff is kinda useless) and FL access will be amazing. Plus we'll probably get bedding (toss up)
Nice, I love Nola. Nasvhille, Charleston & Nola are my favs for food, in the US. Of course NY & SF too. I actually think we are overrated here for food in LA. Like SD more.

At any rate, yes the 77W is great for LAX/MIA. You cant beat this route, if you get the bedding its a great plus. And the price is great always. Its $399 right now one way for October & November. Thats insane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.