Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by Fearlessfly
Sundaes are definitely a thing in J still but I really don’t understand the luster. Generally rock hard mediocre vanilla ice cream with an overly sweet topping. I personally prefer the other dessert options.

maybe a nostalgia thing? Now the fresh baked cookies…wish they brought those back
always hard but melts pretty fast!
lax to jfk 12/25/21. I wanted throw up on my main.

probably the worst steak ive ever had on any airline.

Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Amil
always hard but melts pretty fast!

probably the worst steak ive ever had on any airline.

Steak? Are you sure that's not a lump of coal for your Christmas dinner?
Amil and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
From the photo it looks possible someone beat you to it.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:38 am

how are the non-transcon non-hawaii domestic flights regarding meals?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs down AA long haul domestic meals

Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Great, if you like gas station sandwiches.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
You'll have a choice of "protein" or "veggie" so turkey sandwich/pimento sandwich/southwest steak "salad"/wheatberry "salad," whatever other weird item they can toss between two slices of bread or in a small plastic container.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by marlee1421
There are plenty of gas station sandwiches that put AA's PROTEIN to shame.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Amen: both turkey and cheese sandwiches are awful. My last AA flight the turkey sandwich was on a stale pretzel roll and was still almost frozen and that was on a trans con. No excuse for AA. My next flight was on Alaska. Not only fif they have pre-orders, but food was very good, hot, tasty and well prepared.
cmd320 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:57 pm

Is delta doing any better?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:12 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Is delta doing any better?
Depends on what you mean by "better." On my last trip with them in premium cabin they were serving boxed meals. I believe options were a roast beef salad or a multigrain salad. There might have been a sandwich too. All cold and packaged, but slightly better quality and execution than what I've had on AA.

For domestic US, United and Alaska along with JetBlue Mint are the better options.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by dll
Depends on what you mean by "better." On my last trip with them in premium cabin they were serving boxed meals. I believe options were a roast beef salad or a multigrain salad. There might have been a sandwich too. All cold and packaged, but slightly better quality and execution than what I've had on AA.

For domestic US, United and Alaska along with JetBlue Mint are the better options.
Same here re: DL. LGA-IAH was a boxed meal, which surprised me, because I thought they had reimplemented real meals. However, it was extremely fresh and high quality. The antithesis of these AA sandwiches.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EP
MIA-LAX yesterday…couple of notes:
  • PDBs! Prosecco, OJ, or water. Served after everyone boarded. There was a delay waiting for fuel, not sure if that was the reason.
  • Tray had salad, app, roll in plastic wrap that I saw another passenger use a diamond ring to slice saw through to put on the butter. Also had lemon tart. Main brought separately. When finished, they offered raspberry cheesecake. Would have traded both desserts for a sundae! Just thought it was odd to have 2 desserts.
  • Attentive FAs, couple of snack basket runs, warm cookies, lots of checking to see if I wanted anything.
  • Evidently they were short a headset when they were collected. Complete cavity search of the passenger behind me. Not sure why they thought it was him. Don’t know if they found it, but it wasn’t him. They apologized profusely.
  • Gate 159 seemed very far away but at least I got my steps in!
All in all, good experience, esp with the anxiety of all the canceled flights the last few days.
corky likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Delta vs. AA

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Same here re: DL. LGA-IAH was a boxed meal, which surprised me, because I thought they had reimplemented real meals. However, it was extremely fresh and high quality. The antithesis of these AA sandwiches.
I can offer nothing but withering criticism for the tragic Delta boxes. I don't know what is worse about them: the idea that a cold pathetic sandwich and chips is suitable for a long flight or the self congratulatory message on the inside of the box about the absence of touch points. I prefer what AA is doing hands down. As it stands now, I will not even consider flying Delta.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Stop insulting gas station sandwiches!!!

I flew PHX-HNL on what should have been a dinner flight and got one of those sandwiches...literally a couple slices of meat and chees on a mini-hoagie roll. Thankfully, the roll was good as was the potato salad (!?!) and the green salad. The packaged brownie actually good as wll. But it was more of an F snack (red-eye type meal).

Ironnically, I flew UA in F back through LAX on a red-eye. They served a dinner-like hot chicken dish with veggies, rice and a dessert as well as a HOT roll. I thought to myself that the mals should have been switched.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Or gas station tacos. If AA could just get every gas station taqueria in DFW to make some al pastor (for the PROTEIN) and nopales (for the VEGAN) tacos, they'd have the best catering in the sky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.