Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
When will meals return to Eagle flights over 900 miles? It has become such a slap in the face to people that live in markets relegated to Eagle flights where flights are often higher, but service is drastically worse.
A good question. I have CMH-MIA-CMH coming up later this week, both "meal time" flights. I suspect it won't be much.

And while we're at it, the Eagle flights should have ovens and full & proper catering.
SkyTeam777 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Spanish
A good question. I have CMH-MIA-CMH coming up later this week, both "meal time" flights. I suspect it won't be much.

And while we're at it, the Eagle flights should have ovens and full & proper catering.
1500mi+ yyc-dfw-yyc 4hrs isn't getting anything, and it's technically "international" lol! I wouldn't expect anything other than a snack basket but please report back
Spanish likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Let's see if I got this right --

1. Stop most/all meal service to save money
2. Fire a bunch of employees even though the government gave you money to keep all of them.
3. Try to re-instate some meal service, but realize the catering department is decimated and lost key people.
4. Thus, it takes an extended period of time to get meal service back because, guess what, the catering companies went through step 2 as well.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Full wine bottles are back on United! Not only on premium transcon but also short domestic routes... Will AA follow suit?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
MIA-LAX does not have meal pre orders for Flagship First correct? Also does anyone know the current dinner menu for the route?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by keyw
MIA-LAX does not have meal pre orders for Flagship First correct? Also does anyone know the current dinner menu for the route?
Been pretty much the same as JFK-LAX as LAX-MIA has been same as LAX-JFK
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
AA Domestic First Turkey and Cheese Sandwich Worse Meal in 30 Years of Flight

I just had the turkey and cheese sandwich in first for the first time on a transcon flight from SEA to PHL, and it is the worst meal I can ever remember in 20 plus years of flying.

I think it would be cruel to serve this sandwich to prisoners. It had no taste or seasoning, flavor, etc. I could only take a few bites out of it.
enviroian and roadtriper like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
It's no more ridiculous than the US airlines still serving their first class customers beverages in plastic cups. I applaud SFO777!
Rich people problems.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
Originally Posted by F&B767
SFO777
You must be joking. You took your own rocks glass and wine glass onboard and repoured your beverages?
Did that not feel a bit ridiculous?
I do the same! Some people just don't like to drink out of plastic...I tell the FA in advance to safe the plastic from the beginning.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jetsetter
I just had the turkey and cheese sandwich in first for the first time on a transcon flight from SEA to PHL, and it is the worst meal I can ever remember in 20 plus years of flying.

I think it would be cruel to serve this sandwich to prisoners. It had no taste or seasoning, flavor, etc. I could only take a few bites out of it.
I am a self Identified "Condiment Whore" never hurts to have a few packs of Mayo, Mustard(Grey Poupon), Arby's Horsey Sauce etc. in the back pack when traveling! within your TSA aproved baggie of course! even the Grab-N-Go sandwiches sold airside can be a little dry. RT
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by roadtriper
I am a self Identified "Condiment Whore" never hurts to have a few packs of Mayo, Mustard(Grey Poupon), Arby's Horsey Sauce etc. in the back pack when traveling! within your TSA aproved baggie of course! even the Grab-N-Go sandwiches sold airside can be a little dry. RT
it's sad one has to resort to this these days.

Condiments, glasses. Hell just bring on board a picnic basket these days.
JIMCHI, corky and roadtriper like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by roadtriper
Me too!

Grey Poupon packet
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
What’s the status of the Glenlivet? Is it only in flagship cabins or sporadic throughout F cabins?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
What’s the status of the Glenlivet? Is it only in flagship cabins or sporadic throughout F cabins?
When I’ve asked for it, they’ve had it on mainline but not on RJs, same as pre-pandemic.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
I flew MEM-PHX last week in a CRJ900 on the way to LAS as part of a 9 hour door to door jouney.

Blocked 4 hour flight going against jetstream for 1264 miles. Only snack basket onboard. Majority of Memphis airport restaurants are still closed, even the starbucks, and the sports bar is only selling alcohol and pre prepped and packaged deli sandwiches because their kitchen is closed. Labor shortages don't you know?

Oh well, a cold deli sandwich brought on board beats the snack basket. Or better yet, set aside time to eat some Memphis BBQ or Cajun food prior to your flight.

Luckily the PHX Amex Centurion Lounge/Escape Lounge is now open 8a-8p for a hot meal though the three times I passed through there, their menu hasn't changed so that's getting monotonous too.

I appreciate the bigger F seat, but otherwise treating flying like taking the greyhound bus now, just buying transportation with no frills. Good idea to pick connecting trips with a buffer connection time to allow time to eat in lounge or buy food at the airport food courts (if they're open, big if).

At least AA didn't melt down this last weekend like SW did with 2,000+ canceled flights.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
When will meals return to Eagle flights over 900 miles? It has become such a slap in the face to people that live in markets relegated to Eagle flights where flights are often higher, but service is drastically worse.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.