Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
today on dfw-jax they had either turkey sandwich or veggie sandwich. I didn't take a pic of my neighbors PROTEIN labeled sandwich (I didn't eat).

I asked the flight attendant do you have nuts in a ramekin yet and she ....well she laughed right at me and said "no we have some packaged almonds" The plastic cups were 6 ounce size. What an embarrassment.
Ugh. This is getting ridiculous at this point.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:05 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Even when it's not listed? I could see it being consistently available on domestic Flagship J (not that it's listed on those menus either).
Well, nothing is really “listed” at this point, since the in flight magazine is gone, and there are no menu cards on most routes. But, yes, it’s consistently available if you’re not flying an RJ… usually 3 mini bottles catered per narrowbody flight.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
What are they selling in Y? Is there any decent buy on board hot food? Or like a nice cold cheese Fruit plate for sale? Haven’t flown AA in Y before lol 😆

I’d pretty much eat everything in AC Y BOB over AA J right now. I can’t find AA BOB anyone have the menu?

YMMV but when I used to fly heavy RJ UA/AC, they’d always give me free Y BOB over J meal. Free Y snack benefit for EXP and CK’s would actually be useful more useful sitting in J now. LOL 😑

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 23, 2021 at 2:41 am
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
According to AA's website, they still aren't offering BOB in the back. Completely pathetic.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...cabin-food.jsp
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by SKYEG
What are they selling in Y? Is there any decent buy on board hot food? Or like a nice cold cheese Fruit plate for sale? Haven’t flown AA in Y before lol 😆

I’d pretty much eat everything in AC Y BOB over AA J right now. I can’t find AA BOB anyone have the menu?

YMMV but when I used to fly heavy RJ UA/AC, they’d always give me free Y BOB over J meal. Free Y snack benefit for EXP and CK’s would actually be useful more useful sitting in J now. LOL 😑

That food looks light years ahead of AA's paltry offerings. Hell that looks good enough to even bring Ole Jim back from the dead.
uxb, SKYEG, LCSinTexas and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Complaining here doesn't do any good. AA Customer Relations needs to be flooded with complaints. I send them a complaint after every flight that should be offering a hot meal in F class.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jamabam
I really would like to know what the James Beard organization actually thinks about having their brand associated with this food though.
I'd like to see what the food is actually suppose to look/taste like! I'm guessing when the Chefs at the James Beard Foundation created and cooked the original menu it looked and tasted completely different! Enter AA 's Penny Pinchers, and a Caterer that's probably having to hire anyone who can fog up a mirror...
James Beard is probably turning over in his grave! RT
Seat 1F and jamabam like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by roadtriper
Enter AA 's Penny Pinchers...
Is Ms. Pinchers AA's new VP of inflight service?
roadtriper likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
This is the ginger beef DFW -> HNL today.

The appetizer with sesame crusted tuna was fantastic while the beef let a lot to be desired. There wasn’t much actual beef in the dish with maybe a 10:1 ratio of pasta/peppers/onions to beef.

Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Has anyone ever been brave enough to open the plastic and attempt to consume that cold lonely bread roll? Is it made from Quinoa flour?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by jcatman
Has anyone ever been brave enough to open the plastic and attempt to consume that cold lonely bread roll? Is it made from Quinoa flour?
No. Per my trip report for the Hilton LAX I was walking from TBIT to the Hilton and kept it at the ready in my pocket in case someone accosted me.
uxb, _kurt, wrp96 and 8 others like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
no. Per my trip report for the hilton lax i was walking from tbit to the hilton and kept it at the ready in my pocket in case someone accosted me.
loooooooool
Old Oct 23, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Current transcon offering in 2 weeks:

Breakfast meals

Traditional American Breakfast
scrambled eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato
Coconut chia oatmeal
fresh berries, mango, toasted coconut, dried apricot
Protein Plate
Kindred Creamery sharp cheddar, dill Havarti, Brie, boiled egg, walnuts, grapes, mixed berries
Chicken Sausage, Sharp Cheddar and Red Pepper Omelet
red skin potatoes

Anyone know what they're serving for Hindu or Muslim meals? Not a big fan of airplane eggs.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by keitherson
Current transcon offering in 2 weeks:

Breakfast meals

Traditional American Breakfast
scrambled eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato
Coconut chia oatmeal
fresh berries, mango, toasted coconut, dried apricot
Protein Plate
Kindred Creamery sharp cheddar, dill Havarti, Brie, boiled egg, walnuts, grapes, mixed berries
Chicken Sausage, Sharp Cheddar and Red Pepper Omelet
red skin potatoes

Anyone know what they're serving for Hindu or Muslim meals? Not a big fan of airplane eggs.
Wish I knew but was unable to get a special Indian Veg meal MIA-LAX since the flight is not avail for pre order no special meals were available. Indian Veg is the best option probably, depending on what you are Okay with.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
No. Per my trip report for the Hilton LAX I was walking from TBIT to the Hilton and kept it at the ready in my pocket in case someone accosted me.
Thats funny !!! But no accosting at LAX. Well maybe just our homeless problem. I was doing short term parking right across from the terminals for a recent trip and I legit saw 1 homeless guy sleeping in someones parked car and one other homeless guy walking around opening over a dozen different cars looking for one that was unlocked to also sleep in.

I'd walk from the terminals to the Hilton/Hyatt, looks fun. I just dont get how people do it the other way. The walk with luggage and heading out to the flight I could never do. Would need to shower again from working up a sweat on the walk. Drop me curbside at the FFCI door
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.