Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by enviroian
Does anyone know the email for this James Beard fellow?
I just found his foundation and sent him an email. If he replies I'll be amazed.
You'll need to hold a seance.
corky, enviroian, 96SS and 9 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:08 pm

I just found his foundation and sent him an email. If he replies I'll be amazed.
Me too. He died in 1985.
corky, enviroian, uxb and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Global321
Me too. He died in 1985.
LOL what? I had no idea. I guess I won't be hearing from Jim then. Good lord.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
While it's a bunch of hearsay without an official announcement from AA, the F FA on my current DFW-SEA flight told me (when I was eyerolling the turkey sandwich or mozzarella sandwich options for the millionth time) that hot entrees will be back November 6th. We'll see. It does kinda align with the glassware reintroduction date of 11/8.
SKYEG and jamabam like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
LOL what? I had no idea. I guess I won't be hearing from Jim then. Good lord.

Oh too funny I thought you were kidding in your original James Beard post which is why I liked it. Ya he died ages ago. If I am not mistaken a legend originally in Pacific Northwest cuisine, specifically Oregon.

Still though thats cool you emailed the foundation. I will do the same too. Maybe this will help if we all do and JB Foundation can get with AA and get their <redaction> together.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 31, 2021 at 7:40 pm Reason: profanity redacted by moderator
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
While it's a bunch of hearsay without an official announcement from AA, the F FA on my current DFW-SEA flight told me (when I was eyerolling the turkey sandwich or mozzarella sandwich options for the millionth time) that hot entrees will be back November 6th. We'll see. It does kinda align with the glassware reintroduction date of 11/8.
I thought glassware and the works starting Nov 10?

I will be putting EVERYTHING to the test on Nov 11th as I have a INTL Flagship J , Prem Transcon J, domestic F(4hrs), and Canada Eagle J(4hrs) all in the same day. AA better get ready to actually roll out all their services LOL I expect it ALL!!!! haha
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by rfett2
Flying flagship first transcontinental MIA-LAX, attached is the lunch menu. Leaning towards the filet or does anyone have a suggestion?. Pretty disappointed in the wine and spirits selection. Thought they would have Johnny Walker Blue label and Grand Siecle.

Had that tortellini Monday and it is actually edible. With a lot of pepper on it It wasnt too bad (wish they had some chili flakes also).

I would get it again actually but funny thing is AA was having major catering issues apparently as my tortellini was totally void of the marinara sauce that is supposed to go on top. It really could have used that to add some extra flavor to the cream sauce and some acidity from the tomatoes.

Meanwhile these idiots gave the person in 1J the tortellini with NO cream sauce but he did get the dollop of marinara. So he had dry pasta with a dollop of marinara.

What a joke !!

I did call the FA over and she promised me she would write it up.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I thought glassware and the works starting Nov 10?

I will be putting EVERYTHING to the test on Nov 11th as I have a INTL Flagship J , Prem Transcon J, domestic F(4hrs), and Canada Eagle J(4hrs) all in the same day. AA better get ready to actually roll out all their services LOL I expect it ALL!!!! haha
I could easily have the date for glassware wrong. I was just going from memory.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Oh too funny I thought you were kidding in your original James Beard post which is why I liked it. Ya he died ages ago. If I am not mistaken a legend originally in Pacific Northwest cuisine, specifically Oregon.

Still though thats cool you emailed the foundation. I will do the same too. Maybe this will help if we all do and JB Foundation can get with AA and get their Sh^^%&T together.
Haha...I thought he was joking too.
James Beard is indeed a legend in the food world and not just the Pacific Northwest...everywhere.
TWA884 and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Ugh ! It's the same disgusting salad I was served. It looks like a mess. If UA can serve hot meals, there's no reason why AA can't.
True, they could totally warm up the salad! Errr, I mean bird-seed-extravaganza.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by corky;[url=tel:33667145
33667145[/url]]Haha...I thought he was joking too.
James Beard is indeed a legend in the food world and not just the Pacific Northwest...everywhere.
I really would like to know what the James Beard organization actually thinks about having their brand associated with this food though.
roadtriper and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by jamabam
I really would like to know what the James Beard organization actually thinks about having their brand associated with this food though.
Air Canada has chefs that are part of the James Beard foundation too, like Chef Hawksworth. They also partnered with them for all the Lounge food, which is delivered to you HOT A LA Carte right now due to covid(huge improvement). I would probably be dead before they served anything like that on AC. You still get a full hot meal on a 1 hour RJ...
corky likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
today on dfw-jax they had either turkey sandwich or veggie sandwich. I didn't take a pic of my neighbors PROTEIN labeled sandwich (I didn't eat).

I asked the flight attendant do you have nuts in a ramekin yet and she ....well she laughed right at me and said "no we have some packaged almonds" The plastic cups were 6 ounce size. What an embarrassment.

SKYEG and DC9 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:11 pm

today on dfw-jax they had either turkey sandwich or veggie sandwich. I didn't take a pic of my neighbors PROTEIN labeled sandwich (I didn't eat).

I asked the flight attendant do you have nuts in a ramekin yet and she ....well she laughed right at me and said "no we have some packaged almonds" The plastic cups were 6 ounce size. What an embarrassment.

Almonds: $1.25
Sprite: $1.50

Welcome to vending machine cuisine, welcome to first clAAss.
enviroian, DC9 and FlyDeltaMD88 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:46 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by metallo
When I’ve asked for it, they’ve had it on mainline but not on RJs, same as pre-pandemic.
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Should be available on all mainline flights in F.

-FlyerBeek
Even when it's not listed? I could see it being consistently available on domestic Flagship J (not that it's listed on those menus either).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.