Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
The food and beverage service was what one would expect on a flight of this length, although the brownie brittle was tasty.

What made this a good flight was the excellent service from the FA serving the F cabin. As we were taxiing she stood in front of those of us sitting in F and listed the drinks and snacks that were available and what cocktails she could mix for us. This elicited several thumbs up from the otherwise jaded business travelers on this flight.

What airline? Qatar Business Class? Emirates First Class? CX First?

Bravo to that professional FA!

If American did this across the system, people would defer to AA for flights, pay for first, etc. Profits would go through the roof and they would be untouchable.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by Global321
What airline? Qatar Business Class? Emirates First Class? CX First?

Bravo to that professional FA!

If American did this across the system, people would defer to AA for flights, pay for first, etc. Profits would go through the roof and they would be untouchable.
That would require a CEO and executive staff with vision and competency. Something you will NOT find at AA unfortunately.
enviroian, jcatman, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 757FO
That would require a CEO and executive staff with vision and competency. Something you will NOT find at AA unfortunately.
Exactly, but then again DL isn't exactly visionary either and UA may just be marginally better now that Kirby is trying different things
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by fly747first
Exactly, but then again DL isn't exactly visionary either and UA may just be marginally better now that Kirby is trying different things
I can't speak for all of UA obviously, but most of the crews I've flown with really like and support Kirby. I'm optimistic!
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I got to show you what I deal with for all the AA apologetics here. AA YYC-DFW. 3 hours+ 1500mi+. this is it. water cup size of what you get at dental office to rinse your mouth. This time, the FA disappeared whole flight after serving the initial "cup" of water... right behind her curtain. No refills. pack of nuts. nice job AA killing it as usual. I pay for J, and I am used to this garbage but anyone who flies J occasionally that paid for this would/should be absolutely horrified. It's $1000+++ R/T in J minimum for this route.

Yes I'll keep continue comparing AA to AC, where I receive a hot meal on a 25 minute 226mi flight. Pretty much a joke that any of you can think this is acceptable lmao sad a f

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 31, 2021 at 11:15 am
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I got to show you what I deal with for all the AA apologetics here. AA YYC-DFW. 3 hours+ 1500mi+. this is it. water cup size of what you get at dental office to rinse your mouth. This time, the FA disappeared whole flight after serving the initial "cup" of water... right behind her curtain. No refills. pack of nuts. nice job AA killing it as usual. I pay for J, and I am used to this garbage but anyone who flies J occasionally that paid for this would/should be absolutely horrified. It's $1000+++ R/T in J minimum for this route.

Yes I'll keep continue comparing AA to AC, where I receive a hot meal on a 25 minute 226mi flight. Pretty much a joke that any of you can think this is acceptable lmao sad a f

No sammich even? I thought those length flights got one.

And yes, that's awful service, but I use the call button liberally in those situations.
enviroian, SKYEG and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

I hope you -and others- will complain loud and clear to AA Customer Relations. Just overwhelm them with complaints about the meal service in F/J class.
wrp96, SKYEG, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I hope you -and others- will complain loud and clear to AA Customer Relations. Just overwhelm them with complaints about the meal service in F/J class.
I do. Remember that pic I took of that "steak taco salad" slop they served a few weeks ago? Yeah I tweet that to AA every week to remind them of the crap they send. They must love over in that department.
JIMCHI, wrp96, SKYEG and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp

Vote with your wallet?
ceebee100 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK

Yes, but you flew so safe 🙏
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
I guess like SKYEG I don't understand the current meal policy in F. I flew DFW - ILM today. It's a flight of 1106 miles. We departed at 11:18am. Well before noon.

In the air we were treated to drinks and allowed to choose from items in the snack basket. (Which were nuts, corn nuts, or green bean chips when it got to me.) It's not like I was expecting gourmet fare. But frustrated when the website clearly says under Dining - US Domestic...
  • Snack basket on flights 500-899 miles during meal times
  • Meal service on flights over 900 miles during meal times
  • Snacks on all flights without snack baskets or meals
From their webpage clearly one would expect to be serve a meal or at least a snack box. Instead? Lol, its like trying to decipher Marriott's crazy breakfast options for Elites.

I sent in my complaint via twitter.
SKYEG and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by slpybear
I guess like SKYEG I don't understand the current meal policy in F. I flew DFW - ILM today. It's a flight of 1106 miles. We departed at 11:18am. Well before noon.

In the air we were treated to drinks and allowed to choose from items in the snack basket. (Which were nuts, corn nuts, or green bean chips when it got to me.) It's not like I was expecting gourmet fare. But frustrated when the website clearly says under Dining - US Domestic...
  • Snack basket on flights 500-899 miles during meal times
  • Meal service on flights over 900 miles during meal times
  • Snacks on all flights without snack baskets or meals
From their webpage clearly one would expect to be serve a meal or at least a snack box. Instead? Lol, its like trying to decipher Marriott's crazy breakfast options for Elites.

I sent in my complaint via twitter.
Aren't those meal stipulations based on mainline only?
ceebee100 and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by enviroian
There is an evening mainline flight AA 884, an A319.
enviroian likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by enviroian
They are but the website doesn't say anything about that. You are just supposed to know that only applies to mainline.
enviroian and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Hot meals returning to domestic first

Looks like hot meals are returning to domestic first on Nov 10. Dummy bookings show refreshments through Nov 9 and beginning Nov 10 lunch, dinner and breakfast show up. Anyone know if and when pre-orders are back. I have fights starting Nov 17 and ability to pre-order does not appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.